Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Rio Ferdinand


Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.

Is this a rant about Ferdinand or Ashley xD.

 

Totally agree with your points though. I’ve always been surprised that these foreign business men come in and take over non descript clubs with little going for them them, yet seem to bypass Newcastle? Or is that because Ashley thinks they’re worth a fortune and he’s trying to get blood from a stone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Or is that because Ashley thinks they’re worth a fortune and he’s trying to get blood from a stone?

Ashley seriously over-values Newcastle doesn't he? Hence why it may have been so difficult to sell the club or find a willing buyer for so long. The Newcastle fans can probably shine light on that. 

As for Rio, I think I understand what he was trying to say but he didn't get it across properly. 

The lack of investment in to the club he owns would be understandably worrying. I didn't buy Rio's argument that you wouldn't buy a player if you plan to sell and using the analogy of selling a house so you wouldn't invest. Don't people do up their houses to make them more sellable and presentable, to make more money on it?! He didn't really seem to have an answer to Jake's retort about doing the house up and just brushed it off. 

I also didn't buy what Rio said about spending money on a player and saying 'what if they get injured?' well that's part of the risk of buying any player, and regardless of if you're selling the club or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Is this a rant about Ferdinand or Ashley xD.

 

Totally agree with your points though. I’ve always been surprised that these foreign business men come in and take over non descript clubs with little going for them them, yet seem to bypass Newcastle? Or is that because Ashley thinks they’re worth a fortune and he’s trying to get blood from a stone?

It's probably a rant about them both 😀 yeah it's a mystery a massive club potential wise. But for some reason we never get picked either that or maybe Ashley turns them down in private. Maybe the club is to far north I don't know why you wouldn't choose this football daft city.  The stadium the fans it's all there if someone could help win us a trophy they would be a god statues and all sorts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ashley seriously over-values Newcastle doesn't he? Hence why it may have been so difficult to sell the club or find a willing buyer for so long. The Newcastle fans can probably shine light on that. 

As for Rio, I think I understand what he was trying to say but he didn't get it across properly. 

The lack of investment in to the club he owns would be understandably worrying. I didn't buy Rio's argument that you wouldn't buy a player if you plan to sell and using the analogy of selling a house so you wouldn't invest. Don't people do up their houses to make them more sellable and presentable, to make more money on it?! He didn't really seem to have an answer to Jake's retort about doing the house up and just brushed it off. 

I also didn't buy what Rio said about spending money on a player and saying 'what if they get injured?' well that's part of the risk of buying any player, and regardless of if you're selling the club or not. 

I don't really think Roo had a leg to stand on. He never learns from his mistakes 2 relegations you would think he would back the manager if nothing else to give yourself the best possible chance of avoiding that. Still not broke our transfer record for 12 or so years. We never have any transfer windows where we spend 70 or 80 million even as keeping our players.

We came 10th last season ideal opportunity give Rafa a good transfer budget and build on it. This guy doesn't want that.2 relegations since he took over 1 top 6 finish as I've said earlier we bring in 1 average player Vurnon Anita for 6 million pounds chance to really kick on then blown. We have a poor season the next season as our squad wasn't big or good enough to cope with the Europa league and the league it might have been known as the UEFA cup back then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LFCMike said:

What about Richard Keys though... xD

 

The more I see him Richard keys the more he has lost the plot. You can have a plumber who's the best plumber but if he doesn't have the right tools he ain't much use is he. Rafa is a quality manager but his hands are tied working with that twat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kyletoonfan said:

The more I see him Richard keys the more he has lost the plot. You can have a plumber who's the best plumber but if he doesn't have the right tools he ain't much use is he. Rafa is a quality manager but his hands are tied working with that twat.

Keys is an absolute cunt of a man

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's like a work of satire, especially the Key's response, dear me..

Interesting though what was said beforehand by Jake, regarding an 'exclusive' deal Rio has with Ashley with his tatty '5' brand in Sport Direct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These comments from both Keys and Ferdinand just go to show how lacking in integrity all of these "voices" are, not that that was in any doubt in Keys' case already, though it's disappointing from Rio's perspective as I had a bit of respect for him. 

They don't realise how obviously transparent they are and actually think they can get away with saying things like this without the public seeing through it. Its a bit frightening how trusted they think they are as "experts" that they can come out with such a load of bullshit and expect to get away with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Rio took to twitter to try and defend himself by saying the club has no debt. :dam: more truth bending and lies. Ashley chose himself to convert debt to banks to debt to himself. He expects every penny back. If he was was willing to sell and just get every penny back he's put in he could, but he also wants to make a £150m+ profit. 

Rio also said we are making a profit so should be grateful. Yeah because that's what every football fan around the country wants isn't it. Profit :dam: £63m gone missing. Profit though. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keys is an Adrian Durham level of troll. People just need to ignore the fucker.

I love how every tweet he writes someone brings up him smashing his daughters friend while he wife had cancer.

Rio is a twat also. Regularly used to cheat on his wife that’s passed away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

https://twitter.com/randallbell/status/1084398627336998912

How do you embed tweets on here btw

 

Fixed it for you. There was some formatting with what you pasted. The link you pasted should just work but I think you'll have to paste without format. It's paste as plain text on my phone

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marc said:

Keys is an Adrian Durham level of troll. People just need to ignore the fucker.

I love how every tweet he writes someone brings up him smashing his daughters friend while he wife had cancer.

Rio is a twat also. Regularly used to cheat on his wife that’s passed away.

I absolutely smashed him on this one once on Twitter. Set an open goal up by saying that Vardy and Cahill "showed characteristics of someone who'll let you down in later life" which is amazing given what he did. Too easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disappointing from Ferdinand too as he's someone who I've found to be a better pundit than I thought he would be. Reeks of trying to throw his name in the headlines or if there's some other ulterior motive. It's just plain rubbish from him and it's not even slightly discrete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Kyletoonfan said:

It's probably a rant about them both 😀 yeah it's a mystery a massive club potential wise. But for some reason we never get picked either that or maybe Ashley turns them down in private. Maybe the club is to far north I don't know why you wouldn't choose this football daft city.  The stadium the fans it's all there if someone could help win us a trophy they would be a god statues and all sorts.

It really is so incredibly unfortunate that Ashley owns the club as he values it to a level only a billionaire Newcastle fan would... any more neutral billionaire would see it as a rip off and just go and buy someone else to deliver a greater value outcome. Sadly think it would take back to back relegations to get them to a price Ashley would just sell in a panic and Newcastle will probably always be able to prevent that happening 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...