talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rio Ferdinand

Firstly I always liked Rio as a player top player I like him as a pundit to.

However his defence of Mike Ashley is a disgrace. He calls Newcastle a yoyo club maybe we are now that's down mainly to him. He says he gave Newcastle 50 million to spend no he didn't we recouped more than that selling Sissoko and Wynuldum.

So many false promises like saying last summer whatever money the club generate Rafa could have. Where did that go. We spent 20 million we recouped 40 million what about the tv revenue and the premier league money. We sold Mitrovic for 22 million and replaced him with Rondon on loan and Muto for 8 million pounds Muto is a striker who hasn't scored 10 goals in a major European league.

This guy is a guy who brought Joe Kinnear back from the dead not once but twice he hadn't been manager since Wimbledon if I remember rightly. Our record transfer is still Michael Owen after all these years. Teams like Brighton Bournemouth Wolves Fulham are breaking there's left right and centre and we are doing fuck all.

It was a minor miracle that Rafa got us 10th with the squad we had last season but we were in the bottom 3 in February and it was far from comfortable. 1 top 6 finish since Ashley took over and who did we sign after that Vurnon Anita for 6 million pounds. We sold Andy Carroll to Liverpool for 35 million pounds we waited and waited sold him at the end of the window and didn't replace him with anyone. 

I don't expect us to compete with the top 5 or 6 even if we did before Ashley arrived. We're a long way off that. However we should be able to compete with Bournemouth Wolves Watford Leicester maybe West Ham and Everton. With a decent budget and if we get the right players In we should be capable of being 7-10th on a regular basis and a nice cup run would be nice we haven't been to a semi final since we lost 2-1 to Chelsea in the semi final at Wembley. That year Chelsea beat Villa 1-0.

He hasn't done anything Ashley he is killing this once great club. It's groundhog day every year. Hopefully he will be bought out soon but I cannot see it. He hasn't Improved our facilities at the ground or training ground or done anything in the local area. Mike Ashley is toxic and how Rio can defend him is a joke. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a rant about Ferdinand or Ashley xD.

Totally agree with your points though. I’ve always been surprised that these foreign business men come in and take over non descript clubs with little going for them them, yet seem to bypass Newcastle? Or is that because Ashley thinks they’re worth a fortune and he’s trying to get blood from a stone?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Or is that because Ashley thinks they’re worth a fortune and he’s trying to get blood from a stone?

Ashley seriously over-values Newcastle doesn't he? Hence why it may have been so difficult to sell the club or find a willing buyer for so long. The Newcastle fans can probably shine light on that. 

As for Rio, I think I understand what he was trying to say but he didn't get it across properly. 

The lack of investment in to the club he owns would be understandably worrying. I didn't buy Rio's argument that you wouldn't buy a player if you plan to sell and using the analogy of selling a house so you wouldn't invest. Don't people do up their houses to make them more sellable and presentable, to make more money on it?! He didn't really seem to have an answer to Jake's retort about doing the house up and just brushed it off. 

I also didn't buy what Rio said about spending money on a player and saying 'what if they get injured?' well that's part of the risk of buying any player, and regardless of if you're selling the club or not. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Is this a rant about Ferdinand or Ashley xD.

Totally agree with your points though. I’ve always been surprised that these foreign business men come in and take over non descript clubs with little going for them them, yet seem to bypass Newcastle? Or is that because Ashley thinks they’re worth a fortune and he’s trying to get blood from a stone?

It's probably a rant about them both 😀 yeah it's a mystery a massive club potential wise. But for some reason we never get picked either that or maybe Ashley turns them down in private. Maybe the club is to far north I don't know why you wouldn't choose this football daft city.  The stadium the fans it's all there if someone could help win us a trophy they would be a god statues and all sorts.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ashley seriously over-values Newcastle doesn't he? Hence why it may have been so difficult to sell the club or find a willing buyer for so long. The Newcastle fans can probably shine light on that. 

As for Rio, I think I understand what he was trying to say but he didn't get it across properly. 

The lack of investment in to the club he owns would be understandably worrying. I didn't buy Rio's argument that you wouldn't buy a player if you plan to sell and using the analogy of selling a house so you wouldn't invest. Don't people do up their houses to make them more sellable and presentable, to make more money on it?! He didn't really seem to have an answer to Jake's retort about doing the house up and just brushed it off. 

I also didn't buy what Rio said about spending money on a player and saying 'what if they get injured?' well that's part of the risk of buying any player, and regardless of if you're selling the club or not. 

I don't really think Roo had a leg to stand on. He never learns from his mistakes 2 relegations you would think he would back the manager if nothing else to give yourself the best possible chance of avoiding that. Still not broke our transfer record for 12 or so years. We never have any transfer windows where we spend 70 or 80 million even as keeping our players.

We came 10th last season ideal opportunity give Rafa a good transfer budget and build on it. This guy doesn't want that.2 relegations since he took over 1 top 6 finish as I've said earlier we bring in 1 average player Vurnon Anita for 6 million pounds chance to really kick on then blown. We have a poor season the next season as our squad wasn't big or good enough to cope with the Europa league and the league it might have been known as the UEFA cup back then.

Just now, LFCMike said:

What about Richard Keys though... xD

The more I see him Richard keys the more he has lost the plot. You can have a plumber who's the best plumber but if he doesn't have the right tools he ain't much use is he. Rafa is a quality manager but his hands are tied working with that twat.

1 minute ago, Kyletoonfan said:

The more I see him Richard keys the more he has lost the plot. You can have a plumber who's the best plumber but if he doesn't have the right tools he ain't much use is he. Rafa is a quality manager but his hands are tied working with that twat.

Keys is an absolute cunt of a man

It's like a work of satire, especially the Key's response, dear me..

Interesting though what was said beforehand by Jake, regarding an 'exclusive' deal Rio has with Ashley with his tatty '5' brand in Sport Direct.

• Subscriber

These comments from both Keys and Ferdinand just go to show how lacking in integrity all of these "voices" are, not that that was in any doubt in Keys' case already, though it's disappointing from Rio's perspective as I had a bit of respect for him. 

They don't realise how obviously transparent they are and actually think they can get away with saying things like this without the public seeing through it. Its a bit frightening how trusted they think they are as "experts" that they can come out with such a load of bullshit and expect to get away with it.

I see Rio took to twitter to try and defend himself by saying the club has no debt. :dam: more truth bending and lies. Ashley chose himself to convert debt to banks to debt to himself. He expects every penny back. If he was was willing to sell and just get every penny back he's put in he could, but he also wants to make a £150m+ profit. 

Rio also said we are making a profit so should be grateful. Yeah because that's what every football fan around the country wants isn't it. Profit :dam: £63m gone missing. Profit though. Thanks.

Keys is an Adrian Durham level of troll. People just need to ignore the fucker.

I love how every tweet he writes someone brings up him smashing his daughters friend while he wife had cancer.

Rio is a twat also. Regularly used to cheat on his wife that’s passed away.

7 minutes ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

https://twitter.com/randallbell/status/1084398627336998912

How do you embed tweets on here btw

Fixed it for you. There was some formatting with what you pasted. The link you pasted should just work but I think you'll have to paste without format. It's paste as plain text on my phone

Archived