• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rio Ferdinand

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Marc said:

Keys is an Adrian Durham level of troll. People just need to ignore the fucker.

I love how every tweet he writes someone brings up him smashing his daughters friend while he wife had cancer.

Rio is a twat also. Regularly used to cheat on his wife that’s passed away.

I absolutely smashed him on this one once on Twitter. Set an open goal up by saying that Vardy and Cahill "showed characteristics of someone who'll let you down in later life" which is amazing given what he did. Too easy.

• Subscriber

Disappointing from Ferdinand too as he's someone who I've found to be a better pundit than I thought he would be. Reeks of trying to throw his name in the headlines or if there's some other ulterior motive. It's just plain rubbish from him and it's not even slightly discrete.

20 hours ago, Kyletoonfan said:

It's probably a rant about them both 😀 yeah it's a mystery a massive club potential wise. But for some reason we never get picked either that or maybe Ashley turns them down in private. Maybe the club is to far north I don't know why you wouldn't choose this football daft city.  The stadium the fans it's all there if someone could help win us a trophy they would be a god statues and all sorts.

It really is so incredibly unfortunate that Ashley owns the club as he values it to a level only a billionaire Newcastle fan would... any more neutral billionaire would see it as a rip off and just go and buy someone else to deliver a greater value outcome. Sadly think it would take back to back relegations to get them to a price Ashley would just sell in a panic and Newcastle will probably always be able to prevent that happening 

Little sympathy with Newcastle fans, in all honesty. The most they can muster as a form of “protest” is about 50 people standing outside of a shop in the city centre that will be full of teenage Saturday workers on a Saturday morning or a couple of people booing an Indian restaurant. The apathy there is laughable considering “they love their football up there” (copyright of Sky Sports). 

Surely, the actual stuff on the field becomes secondary in the fight to get rid of Mike Ashley. Yeah, I’m sure Newcastle fans don’t want to see their club relegated and playing in the Championship but this, you’d think, is bigger than that. If Ashley remains, which he seems intent on doing, what’s the best case scenario? The odd fluke season like the one under Alan Pardew? Treading water and trying to finish 17th of above? Winning the Championship at a canter every few years? 

What people forget is that this club was buzzing in the 2 years before this season. Nearly every game last year was a sell out. Atmosphere was good, away ends were packed. Rafa brought pride and enjoyment to the city.

The idea that if we push the self destruct button we'd all love football all of the time and challenge the top is nonsense.

The club needs taking on from here not gutted in the hope that it can then bounce back from self destruction.

Newcastle United fans have been at war with owners on and off since the 1970s. 

28 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

What people forget is that this club was buzzing in the 2 years before this season. Nearly every game last year was a sell out. Atmosphere was good, away ends were packed. Rafa brought pride and enjoyment to the city.

The idea that if we push the self destruct button we'd all love football all of the time and challenge the top is nonsense.

The club needs taking on from here not gutted in the hope that it can then bounce back from self destruction.

Newcastle United fans have been at war with owners on and off since the 1970s. 

So it’s all fine when you’re doing well but anything else, nah, get Ashley out, then? 

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

So it’s all fine when you’re doing well but anything else, nah, get Ashley out, then? 

If you want to put it that way. 

Rafa brought hope back to the city. That is what people bought into. When that hope hit its limit because of this regime the disillusion with Ashley intensified. To move forward from the point we reached required Ashley out. That's football. Pressure comes and goes according to what you do. 

Your self destruction tactic essentially asserts that nothing matters except that Ashley is gone. That nothing can be of any worth without him gone. That turning yourself into one of those sides trapped in the Championship would be an ok experience as long as Ashley's not there. That running your team down the leagues is a worthwhile idea. 

13 hours ago, Harry said:

It really is so incredibly unfortunate that Ashley owns the club as he values it to a level only a billionaire Newcastle fan would... any more neutral billionaire would see it as a rip off and just go and buy someone else to deliver a greater value outcome. Sadly think it would take back to back relegations to get them to a price Ashley would just sell in a panic and Newcastle will probably always be able to prevent that happening 

I've heard off a few people that Newcastle were one of the club's the guys that took over City were interested in and apparently Ashley fucked it up I don't know how true that is though. As for future owners looking to buy clubs Newcastle are a great club potential wise. Football city club in the city great stadium and fans. I mean Rafa will play a weakened team tommorow yet 8,000 fans are meant to be going to Blackburn to watch what will either be a weakened or reserve side. Brilliant fans who certainly deserve better than the dross we are having to put up with now.

On 14/01/2019 at 10:26, Smiley Culture said:

What Ashley hasn't done is a disgrace. He said Rafa cam have all money the club generated4said that 2 years in a row full of lies. We spend 20 million pounds and recoup 40. We replace Mitrovic a striker for 22 million pounds and replace him with Rondon on loan. It's an absolute joke.

The claims he spent 50 million a few years back are a nonsense we recouped round 70 so it wasn't his money. We came 5th once under him did we try and kick on by getting 3 or 4 quality players no we buy 1 average player in Vurnon Anita and we struggle the next season because we didn't have the squad to cope with Europe and the league.  He's appointed Joe Kinnear twice. Changed the name of the stadium other teams are strengthening now to try and make sure they try and stay up look at Cardiff set to sign the 3rd highest top scorer in France for 18 million what are we doing fuck all as always. How you don't have any sympathy for Newcastle fans is beyond me Ashley is a grade A cunt.

• Subscriber
On 13/01/2019 at 23:08, Dan said:

Disappointing from Ferdinand too as he's someone who I've found to be a better pundit than I thought he would be. Reeks of trying to throw his name in the headlines or if there's some other ulterior motive. It's just plain rubbish from him and it's not even slightly discrete.

Didn't realise he had a range of caps selling at Sports Direct. Stevie Wonder could see why he's done this. Piss poor all the same.

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

Didn't realise he had a range of caps selling at Sports Direct. Stevie Wonder could see why he's done this. Piss poor all the same.

I'm honestly sceptical of this. Main reason is he's ultimately brought the Ashley subject more attention and done more harm than good. Surely this stems from his media role and expectation to be generating debate and discussion rather than a desire to sell a couple of hats...

Archived