talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Could Bournemouth Get Sucked Into The Relegation Battle?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wouldn't think so. Theyre in poor form but they aren't a poor side. The quality at the lower end of the table is very limited this season. Huddersfield, Cardiff, Fulham, Newcastle, Burnley at least are significantly more lacking in more areas than Bournemouth.

• Administrator

Nope. They've got enough quality in them to get enough points not only to steer clear of the relegation battle, but to comfortably secure mid-table. I'd be shocked if they get sucked in to it. 

• Subscriber

No chance they go down. They've got enough about them to get a good run of results against lower opposition, as stated above. I also think they're going to go through a tough spell with their next few fixtures but they'll be fine once they weather that storm.

• Administrator

West Ham, Chelsea, Cardiff, Liverpool, Wolves, Arsenal, Man City. 

Thats their next 7 games. 

I can see them perhaps beating the first 3 and then going on another poor run of form... 

43 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You wish. teams like Newcastle will have to start winning occasionally for that to happen 

No they would all just have to continue on the same trajectories as the last 12 games where the teams at the bottom averaged 15 points and Bournemouth 7. 

• Subscriber

If you're going solely off the current points totals then 33 points will keep you up, which they're 6 points away from with 16 games to spare. Consider they've still got to play most of the rubbish (and come here, which is nailed on points for anyone outside of the top six and Huddersfield) they'll need a total catastrophe. 3 wins from 16 should do it which speaks volumes about the gap between the top six and the rest.

Classic TF365 clickbait.

Of their last 12 games they've played Man Utd twice, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs. Then followed by fixtures against midtable hopefuls Everton and Wolves, and then two relegation sides in Brighton and Newcastle.

Well and truly spanked by the big boys yes, but a point against Watford, 3 points over Brighton, 3 over Huddersfield as well as having beaten Fulham already this season means they'll be fine in my view. They've got a tough month or two ahead with City, Arsenal, West Ham and Chelsea but once they get through that they've got an easy 9 game run to get them into a midtable finish.

Archived