Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

How Long Will Man Utd's Winning Streak Last?


Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Leicester might do them.

I was going to start the thread before our game with them xD 

It would be typical of us to play shit against Cardiff and Southampton and beat an in-form and resurgent Man Utd side...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to How Long Will Man Utd's Winning Streak Last?
1 hour ago, CaaC - John said:

Ole is going to land with thump sooner or later and it just might be Leicester with Vardy scoring the winner or PSG, don't like the thought of Palace away either but I will go for Leicester.

To be fair another 3 wins on the trot before that once would still be an excellent run

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think we're not giving Brighton their just dues here. They aren't some mug team that sits back and absorbs pressure, they actually try and play attacking pressing football so who knows they might be the ones to end the streak too.

They're a different proposition when they're away from home.

 Granted I didn't see the game at the weekend but usually at home they defend resolutely and attack frequently, at pace with the likes of Knockaert and Izquierdo on the wings. 

They tend to sit back away from home and aren't that successful; so can see Utd extending their winning run against them. 

Of their away games this season, they've only won twice and lost 7. Only Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham are worse-off when talking about away form. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stan said:

They're a different proposition when they're away from home.

 Granted I didn't see the game at the weekend but usually at home they defend resolutely and attack frequently, at pace with the likes of Knockaert and Izquierdo on the wings. 

They tend to sit back away from home and aren't that successful; so can see Utd extending their winning run against them. 

Of their away games this season, they've only won twice and lost 7. Only Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham are worse-off when talking about away form. 

Sorry read that totally wrong and yes you're right they are definitely much harder to play at home than away. I think this United team won't have issues against them with the current form they are in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should really be winning all of those games now Tesco's favourite manager, Mourinho, has been binned. Obviously having our best world cup winner since Kleberson will aid our cause as he's been outstanding for the last two and a half years. That dab against Huddersfield was immense

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, José said:

All those Man United legends kel worships and NONE ever scored in a WC final until Papi pogba changed that..no wonder she hates the living legend so much 

Why are you talking shit about your own legends? May as well take a big shit on Best’s grave

Edited by Spike
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Ole is going to land with thump sooner or later and it just might be Leicester with Vardy scoring the winner or PSG, don't like the thought of Palace away either but I will go for Leicester.

You don't like palace away but you aren't worried about arsenal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Should really be winning all of those games now Tesco's favourite manager, Mourinho, has been binned. Obviously having our best world cup winner since Kleberson will aid our cause as he's been outstanding for the last two and a half years. That dab against Huddersfield was immense

Wheres the old Kel? She would have owned Jose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, José said:

All those Man United legends kel worships and NONE ever scored in a WC final until Papi pogba changed that..no wonder she hates the living legend so much 

Your posts are getting more wierd by the day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Leicester might do them.

Our form is that extreme at the minute in beating the good sides and losing to the shit that this might just happen. Obviously if we lose it's because Man Utd are in-fact shit.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You don't like palace away but you aren't worried about arsenal?

The Gunners in their prime with Wenger in charge no, I wouldn't fancy our chances but then again, Wenger has gone and SAF has gone and it's not the same when them 2 managers were around, times change with Liverpool riding high under Klopp and City under Pep, new era.

But hopefully one day United and the Gunners will be back up there battling it out every season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Wheres the old Kel? She would have owned Jose

There's really no point in arguing with these clowns. 

I think the club will go forward and anyone is a step up from Mourinho who is essentially Tony Pulis with a bigger chequebook but I don't think we'll be anywhere near the standards expected of this club. Too many mentally weak players like Pogba who down tools and shit on the fans when they get the hump.

Mass changes on the recruitment front are needed both when it comes to signing managers and players as the record over the last five years under Woodward has been abysmal at best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, José said:

Yet I was right about the W versus Spurs and Pogba playing a key role LIKE DON TESO predicted. The only thing weird is you and reality mate .

The comment towards kel was mocking her how dumb she comes out (along with every pogba hater) when criticizing THE TOP central midfielder by stats! But he only does it against top teams is fucking absurd, if that was the case, the other central midfielders should have twice the stat numbers that Pogba has cause last time I checked, every fucking league has sub par teams and NO other CM should use that silly ass excuse. 

I like you Chris but your posts are the weird ones cause you are nothing but a sheep who follows the crowd. 

Its not about following the crowd Eric. If you read through my posts you will see I have disagreed with the whole forum on certain things. E.g referee's. However to compare pogba to man it's legends is a bit absurd to be honest. He's playing well now but you said he was a great player when he really wasn't. I know a lot of what you say is wind up but I think you have be better toning it down a bit. That's just my opinion though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

There's really no point in arguing with these clowns. 

I think the club will go forward and anyone is a step up from Mourinho who is essentially Tony Pulis with a bigger chequebook but I don't think we'll be anywhere near the standards expected of this club. Too many mentally weak players like Pogba who down tools and shit on the fans when they get the hump.

Mass changes on the recruitment front are needed both when it comes to signing managers and players as the record over the last five years under Woodward has been abysmal at best

To be fair to the players it is very difficult when there is a manager in charge who they don't want. Morale drops confidence goes. I've been in jobs like that it is hard. Not sure if it means the players weren't trying. Even when the manager is liked it can be hard. I mean bilic was liked at West ham and the players still played shit until Moyes came in.

I think mourinho was better than van gaal and Moyes but clearly lost it this year. However its very difficult for any club to sustain dominance in the way you did now because of other teams with equal or more finances

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Who'd have thought it'd be Burnley to stop the run xD?! 

Well aware there's still about 20mins to play but I'm sure no-one would have had them at 1-0 down at that stage tonight either...

You just had to say it didn't you.

Edited by Lucas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny though, the winning streak did end but a draw, so Ole has not lost a match yet so I will stick to my original post, Leicester with Vardy scoring the winner and United losing.

Liverpool have a chance tonight of going 7 points clear if they beat Leicester but the way results are going at the moment Leicester just might beat Liverpool and Bournemouth just might beat Chelsea, 'Football...it's a funny old game'. :coffee:  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Funny though, the winning streak did end but a draw, so Ole has not lost a match yet so I will stick to my original post, Leicester with Vardy scoring the winner and United losing.

Liverpool have a chance tonight of going 7 points clear if they beat Leicester but the way results are going at the moment Leicester just might beat Liverpool and Bournemouth just might beat Chelsea, 'Football...it's a funny old game'. :coffee:  

Nah we're the gift that keeps giving. It's exactly the kind of thing for us to do where people think we'll keep the trend of unexpected results but just give Liverpool 3 points and dampen everyone's spirits (apart from Liverpool fans!) xD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah we're the gift that keeps giving. It's exactly the kind of thing for us to do where people think we'll keep the trend of unexpected results but just give Liverpool 3 points and dampen everyone's spirits (apart from Liverpool fans!) xD 

Have FAITH buddy, FAITH, Liverpool 1-2 with Vardy scoring the winner in time added on. :eek:xD

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...