talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shinji Okazaki - Could Leave Leicester

football forum

• Administrator

I don't want to say he's a has-been because he might still be able to do a job for another side but it's fair to say his time is coming to an imminent end at Leicester. 

Doesn't fit in with current style of play and can't complete 90 mins. He didn't even do that couple seasons ago but that's only because he will run his socks in to the ground every single game. Not really up the standard any more of where we want to be so perhaps best for all concerned that he moves on. 

Can only imagine he'll go when we sign a new striker though, otherwise we're only left with 2 xD

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Our attack is a shambles at the minute to the extent we probably can't afford to let Okazaki, a striker who is basically past-it, hasn't scored in over a year go. Vardy's not had as good a season (though I maintain him getting 20 in this side last year was sensational and this is the form you should expect in this system where he's isolated) and Iheanacho's been so bad he's becoming almost a parody. You've then got Slimani out on loan at Fenerbahce who's fans have rated him as their worst ever signing as he can't score in a side that looks to be heading for a shock relegation, they've tried to terminate his loan and we've not let them xD it's comical really. An injury to Vardy and we will tumble down the league.

I don't think we'll bring anyone in this month either so we'll just suck it up. Think it's going to be an even more dour 2nd half of the season than last to be honest. Expect the next four games to bin us into the bottom half where I think we'll stay while the fans continue to want to rip each others heads off.

Seriously wonder if one of the kids might get a go at this rate. Tyrese Shade's doing OK by the sounds of things, wonder if he might be our answer to Obafemi at Southampton.

This season's already got a bit of a write-off feel about it to me. It shouldn't but it does.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I am not remotely surprised to hear that Iheanacho has been shite. Any young striker with some pace could slot into a Man City side of the last 6-8 years and scored a small hatful of goals in routine 5-0 wins.

I genuinely had high hopes for him :( 

• The topic was locked

Archived