talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tue 14th March - Leicester City (3) 2-0 (2) Sevilla

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Can't wait for this. Glad we've got a bit of a break so that players can rest and be 100% for the game. Glad Arsenal got through to the quarters of the FA Cup so that we have this weekend off xD 

• The topic was pinned
20 minutes ago, Machado said:

I would like to see a comeback just because it's more fun to watch.

There's not much of a comeback involved in an away 2-1 defeat.  Infact I know of some managers that love that initial away result!

On a note referring to the second leg...  It's gonna be different now because the Leicester players have now decided to play since their ex-coach has been sacked.  There is more fight about them.  But then again Sevilla have seen that and know the script...  I expect Sevilla to score and I see a difficult job ahead for Leicester City although it would be nice to see them go through and us at Arsenal who qualify every season watch on tv.

6 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Shakespeare is an omen.... It will be a Spanish Armada... Sevilla will dominate possession but be sank by surprise and left in shock. Some of the players might wake up in Ireland the next morning.

Not knowing where they were supposed to be playing! xD

• Subscriber

Oh Dan Dan Dan, you never learn son, you were on that flight to Seville thinking to yourself how you're not even bothered about the game that takes place, you want to witness the atmosphere of the Pizjuan and the carnage in the streets, what happens on the pitch just doesn't matter, it's gone.

Now you're sat there thinking about potential quarter final trips. Why do you do it to yourself Dan?

• Subscriber

I'm not sure they will. They've set up very negatively on their travels in Europe under Sampaoli. 0-0, 0-1 and 0-1 so far. No killing as such, but just tight games.

But in a way I'm not sure they'll risk that against us. I think they would be quite well advised to try and get at us because I think they've got enough qualify to open us up and finish off what they should've done in Spain. If they keep it tight and it's 0-0 with ten left, who's under pressure? 1-0 puts us through.

They need shooting for that first leg. They could not have had an easier opposition and they only got a 2-1 win when they could've easily hit 4 or 5. Make no mistake, this ia completely different Leicester to the one they faced three weeks ago. I expect us to go out, but I feel like we will give anyone a game again.

• Subscriber

Christ I'm excited. It's even better when you've lost the buzz a bit for a while (I'd say since November time I've not exactly had that excitement) and get it back.

This could be an iconic night in our history. Work will drag tomorrow.

• Administrator

Absolutely buzzing for tonight.

One of, if not the, biggest games in our history. I'd take a 1-0 winner off Okazaki's ass in the last minute to be honest!

Sevilla will be hitting themselves if they end up going out as they were by far the better side in the first leg and should really have won a lot more comfortably than they did. Leicester have also recently started finding form again so will be a different side to the one in the first leg. I've got a feeling they may get through now.

I know the Leicester boys on here are gonna take this the wrong way and it isn't personal, just football. But those Leicester players are total scum. It's so obvious... This sort of crap has been seen for decades in the rest of Europe and the timing was perfect. 

This doesn't reflect on Shakespeare though who's just doing his job. After this dramatic turnaround he may be in contention for the vacant Barcelona job. 

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Vardy has been very good indeed.

Sevilla have been poor and careless on the ball, Sarabia and N'Zonzi in particular. Sevilla need to find some of their flow second half.

Sevilla are always conservative away from home especially in Europe so that's nothing new.  The difference on the whole is Leicester's performance and attitude where workrate is in question...  That's the difference.

• The title was changed to Tue 14th March - Leicester City (3) 2-0 (2) Sevilla
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived