The better place to talk football.

Mobile Phones

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25/02/2019 at 14:34, JOSHBRFC said:

Gone with the Huawei P20 Pro.

How is it? I'm thinking of getting the P20. I've had Samsungs for years but they're getting more and more expensive every time, so I'm probably gonna change.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

How is it? I'm thinking of getting the P20. I've had Samsungs for years but they're getting more and more expensive every time, so I'm probably gonna change.

Yes so far so good. Worth the price in comparison to others. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Been with EE for a number of years now as they've always given good deals and happily negotiate with them. Customer service has always been decent as well. 

The latter point emphasised even more recently. 

Had a powercut on Wednesday and this affected a nearby transmitter so lost service for best part of 24 hours. Spoke to them and without even asking for compensation/refund for lost service/signal they offered £18 off my next bill (monthly bill is only £35).

Then lost service again on Friday evening/Saturday morning. Not as bad but it fluctuated a lot and was very intermittent. Contacted them again today and again without asking for a refund, the advisor said they'll give me £18 off my bill for next month and have applied the credit. 

So for 2 days loss of service, I now basically have a free month on my contract :D

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Been with EE for a number of years now as they've always given good deals and happily negotiate with them. Customer service has always been decent as well. 

Had a powercut on Wednesday and this affected a nearby transmitter so lost service for best part of 24 hours. Spoke to them and without even asking for compensation/refund for lost service/signal they offered £18 off my next bill (monthly bill is only £35).

Then lost service again on Friday evening/Saturday morning. Not as bad but it fluctuated a lot and was very intermittent. Contacted them again today and again without asking for a refund, the advisor said they'll give me £18 off my bill for next month and have applied the credit. 

So for 2 days loss of service, I now basically have a free month on my contract :D

Nice one! 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 02/09/2019 at 16:08, Stan said:

I was with them for a long time, about 8 years. Recently they haven't been great or shown me any  love for such long service so i've left and i'm now with Vodafone. xD

I had the Huawei for about 6 months and now i'm back with Iphone. I liked the android it's just personal preference really. 

iPhone-11-Pro-Isometric-View-Front-Displ

Iphone 11 Pro.

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
36 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Anyone know how to downgrade back to Android 8? Upgraded to 9 and split screen has been ruined. Extra steps and swap screen option removed.

Its not an easy process but it can be done.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78923346&postcount=13

Exchange the OS image with the one you want if they have it. I'd take a backup of all the data on the phone just in-case anything goes wrong so you can easily restore it too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Upgraded my phone to a Huawei P30 Lite last week... 

Pretty decent, Got facial recognition and Fingerprint ID and 3 cameras at the back... 

My face and fingerprints have no doubt already found their way on to big brothers files.. :ph34r:

Can confirm; got them!

:P 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Just a question on contracts. I get a device and sim together which simply means I pay for both monthly. A few people I know buy sim only and purchase the phone outright and say its works out cheaper. Anyone else follow this method?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Just a question on contracts. I get a device and sim together which simply means I pay for both monthly. A few people I know buy sim only and purchase the phone outright and say its works out cheaper. Anyone else follow this method?

Yep.

I used to be on contract and upgrade after the 12-24 month period had finished.

But if the phone is in perfectly good condition then really there's no reason to get stuck in to another contract on the same terms. I do SIM only as often there's better terms (data, mainly) and it's easier to get out of and change up if I did need a phone.

I remember paying about £50-60/m on a Samsung S6 I think it was, or an HTC Desire HD. The contract was near to an end so was in the period where I could upgrade or change the contract. The phone had no problems, slightly slower in performance but nothing too significant. So ended up going on a SIM only deal paying half the price but for more data and minutes.