talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mobile Phones

football forum

• Subscriber

Cracked my screen on my IPhone 11 at a petrol station. It fell out of my shorts pockets.

I don’t have insurance, as I’ve never ever damaged a phone in my life. Typical. Any ideas people? It’s not bad and I can still see the screen it’s just cracked at the top left and top right. Curious as if any of you can recommend anything or  websites or easy cheaper fixes. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

8 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Cracked my screen on my IPhone 11 at a petrol station. It fell out of my shorts pockets.

I don’t have insurance, as I’ve never ever damaged a phone in my life. Typical. Any ideas people? It’s not bad and I can still see the screen it’s just cracked at the top left and top right. Curious as if any of you can recommend anything or  websites or easy cheaper fixes. 

Found this one mate, don't know if it will be helpful or not?? 

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPhone_11

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what the Oppo phones are generally like? 

While I'm not in a huge rush (my replacement P20 Pro is not even a year old yet), I'm mainly having a browse to see what's out there. Iphones are out of the question as I prefer Android and being able to have more choice, which unfortunately applies to the newer Huawei phones as well. At present, it leaves me with the Samsung S20 range and while I wouldn't mind going back to Samsung, the higher models are pricey as shit (even the S20 5G isn't that cheap). 

Just curious for extra options really. 

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Just made the switch from iPhone XS to Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I love it. Was never a fan of Android before but my last Android phone was 2011 so it's come a long way! Still tweaking some settings but it feels a lot more 'me' than the iPhone did.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Just made the switch from iPhone XS to Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I love it. Was never a fan of Android before but my last Android phone was 2011 so it's come a long way! Still tweaking some settings but it feels a lot more 'me' than the iPhone did.

Weirdly was looking at Samsung Galaxy S21 earlier as I'm due a free upgrade.

Sounds worth it then?

I'm trying to get a decent SIM Only deal - I'm currently on a 2-year 60GB data contract which quite obviously became pretty redundant in March 2020 due to COVID, as I was out and about far less and now can rely on WiFi.

I'm already looking forward to the approx £30-40/m savings I could make with a SIM only deal...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Sounds worth it then?

I'm trying to get a decent SIM Only deal - I'm currently on a 2-year 60GB data contract which quite obviously became pretty redundant in March 2020 due to COVID, as I was out and about far less and now can rely on WiFi.

I'm already looking forward to the approx £30-40/m savings I could make with a SIM only deal...

Which network? 02 and others do sim only deals for ar9und £22 for new customers. Everything is unlimited but around 100gb of data per month some upto £120. This is more than enough.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Which network? 02 and others do sim only deals for ar9und £22 for new customers. Everything is unlimited but around 100gb of data per month some upto £120. This is more than enough.

EE.

There were times I'd have loved that amount of data but really don't need that any more and also any savings made right now are very helpful!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Sounds worth it then?

I got a too good to refuse deal really. £325 back from recycling my iPhone (£150 of which for buying a new Samsung phone). Unlimited everything including unlimited data. And it's a cheaper contract than the iPhone one. 

The phone itself is really nice and I'm enjoying using it. The camera on the S21 Ultra is meant to be amazing and like having a mini DSLR but haven't had a good chance to use it yet!

On 07/07/2020 at 00:00, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Anyone know what the Oppo phones are generally like? 

While I'm not in a huge rush (my replacement P20 Pro is not even a year old yet), I'm mainly having a browse to see what's out there. Iphones are out of the question as I prefer Android and being able to have more choice, which unfortunately applies to the newer Huawei phones as well. At present, it leaves me with the Samsung S20 range and while I wouldn't mind going back to Samsung, the higher models are pricey as shit (even the S20 5G isn't that cheap). 

Just curious for extra options really. 

Used Oppo A380 for two years. Good phones in the affordable range with a great camera but obviously not in the high end stuff. Don't know anything about their new models but I've never seen someone go for them if they have a bit of more cash.

6 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Used Oppo A380 for two years. Good phones in the affordable range with a great camera but obviously not in the high end stuff. Don't know anything about their new models but I've never seen someone go for them if they have a bit of more cash.

Cheers for that. Was tempted to look at the Oppo Find X3 Pro, but not sure now. 

I think it's time for an upgrade now as my contract ended in April 2020 (what bad timing that was). 

Problem is the upgrade 'offers' from EE are utter shite and I'm not sure of any other places (like what Carphone Warehouse used to do before EE pulled the plug) that do offers on upgrades. 

Was tempted to try Tesco Mobile just to see how they were for a short period (especially as the contracts are flexible), but the phone choices are not the best. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

What's everyone's experience of O2?? I used to be on their network ages and ages ago, been on EE since. 

Been looking around at deals for Samsung S21 and came across a deal for £40/m for 250GB data. Obscenely cheaper than what EE can offer for more money/less data offered.

Is it too good to be true? Trying to look at what the catch could be...

3 hours ago, Stan said:

What's everyone's experience of O2?? I used to be on their network ages and ages ago, been on EE since. 

Been looking around at deals for Samsung S21 and came across a deal for £40/m for 250GB data. Obscenely cheaper than what EE can offer for more money/less data offered.

Not too sure myself. I have been tempted to go with Tesco Mobile as they use the O2 network and with my sister working there, I can get money off. However, the range of phones on the website isn't really the best. 

I'm like you in that EE are taking the piss with the upgrades they give. Either a stupid amount a month, sod all data or both. 

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not too sure myself. I have been tempted to go with Tesco Mobile as they use the O2 network and with my sister working there, I can get money off. However, the range of phones on the website isn't really the best. 

I'm like you in that EE are taking the piss with the upgrades they give. Either a stupid amount a month, sod all data or both. 

Turns out I managed to negotiate a decent deal for Google Pixel 6.

Paying the same per month for a brand new phone with no upfront cost, plus a few extras thrown in. 

Just took a fucking age to get through to them in the first place xD 

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

Turns out I managed to negotiate a decent deal for Google Pixel 6.

Paying the same per month for a brand new phone with no upfront cost, plus a few extras thrown in. 

Just took a fucking age to get through to them in the first place xD 

O2 or EE? 

Heard some good things about the Pixel 6 in fairness. Would have happily stuck with my Chinese spy phone, but as they don't have Android now, it's no longer an option. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

On 27/10/2021 at 16:25, Stan said:

Generally ok. However their reception in certain areas near me is shite. I can be in the pub with no signal at all and someone I know on EE has really good signal in the same place.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

O2 or EE? 

Heard some good things about the Pixel 6 in fairness. Would have happily stuck with my Chinese spy phone, but as they don't have Android now, it's no longer an option. 

EE. 

Yeah I've been wanting to get rid of Huawei for a while. And now my upgrade date has conveniently coincided with this phone playing up a bit now. So thought might as well get something new on a decent deal while I can. 

Considering it was EE, and I was only browsing again today on the off chance, I was surprised it wasn't something extortionate like £70 for 10GB basic plan. 

50 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Generally ok. However their reception in certain areas near me is shite. I can be in the pub with no signal at all and someone I know on EE has really good signal in the same place.

I did have a feeling EE have better coverage. 

Waiting for their customer service to answer their phones was very long. Once I was through they were very good, mind. 

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

EE. 

Yeah I've been wanting to get rid of Huawei for a while. And now my upgrade date has conveniently coincided with this phone playing up a bit now. So thought might as well get something new on a decent deal while I can. 

Considering it was EE, and I was only browsing again today on the off chance, I was surprised it wasn't something extortionate like £70 for 10GB basic plan. 

I did have a feeling EE have better coverage. 

Waiting for their customer service to answer their phones was very long. Once I was through they were very good, mind. 

I do like my spy phone in fairness (P20 Pro) but I've had it for a while and could do with an upgrade (I've been eligible since April 2020. Great timing). When I look at EE's 'offers' though, most are a joke. 

Ringing them up to see what they can actually offer rather than online might be a better idea. That or nip to the EE shop and see what's around. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I do like my spy phone in fairness (P20 Pro) but I've had it for a while and could do with an upgrade (I've been eligible since April 2020. Great timing). When I look at EE's 'offers' though, most are a joke. 

Ringing them up to see what they can actually offer rather than online might be a better idea. That or nip to the EE shop and see what's around. 

Definitely recommend ringing up and speaking to someone. Much better trying to negotiate something with them as opposed to the standard exaggerated deals online. 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Subscriber
17 hours ago, MUFC said:

Upon release, can see this being near the £2000 bracket.

My brother-in-law owns an older gen Fold and I can't say I am huge fan of how thick it becomes when it is folded. That said, I always feel this phone is for a very specific demographic of users and isn't an everyday consumer phone but that's just me.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

My brother-in-law owns an older gen Fold and I can't say I am huge fan of how thick it becomes when it is folded. That said, I always feel this phone is for a very specific demographic of users and isn't an everyday consumer phone but that's just me.

Maybe for people with businesses who email and stuff on the go.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...