talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mobile Phones

football forum

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - small issue with the side of my thumb occasionally activating the side menu but other than that I fucking love this phone. Easily the best one I've had, has done all I ask of it. 

Having said that, the pixel 2 looks sexual....especially the blue one. The camera on it is spectacular and I use my camera a lot for Instagram so I may be tempted in the next couple of months. 

3 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - small issue with the side of my thumb occasionally activating the side menu but other than that I fucking love this phone. Easily the best one I've had, has done all I ask of it. 

Having said that, the pixel 2 looks sexual....especially the blue one. The camera on it is spectacular and I use my camera a lot for Instagram so I may be tempted in the next couple of months. 

Got the same as you (S7 Edge) which I do love though had one screen issue with it earlier in the year.

Looking possibly at the Pixel as my next phone in the new year.

Mine is a bog standard hand me down Samsung something or other... the numbers have faded on it so don't know much else got a decent camera on it though and I use that quite a bit for odds and sods.. 

I only use mine to take a few calls and do a bit of texting.. the little buttons are far too small for my manly ( some would say sausage ) fingers and I don't have FB or any of them things and don't feel the need to be having something I am struggling to fit in my back pocket.. Also the lower grade phones do have their benefits.. don't cost much and cant do things like video calls like my last phone the girls got me.. Not getting caught out with one of them again.. makes it hard to tell a few white lies to the missus if you are out really late.. xD

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Bluewolf, that's the oldest you've ever sounded on here you ancient git 😂

xD

Don't need much me mate... as long as it works and is reliable I don't feel the need to be throwing hundreds of pounds at something I will never get any decent use out of... I see how much people are paying a month for the privilege and think sod that!! 

Have a Huawei P10 Lite. I'm not a big cell phone user or any of these social media things so can't say much about it. It's good for texting, taking some pictures during hiking/camping and I use a couple of apps (FitNotes for gym and a beer app to remember new beers I liked), but that's about all I do with it.

Edited by TrstnFCB

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to decide on whether I should upgrade from a Pixel XL to a Pixel 2 XL.

Not sure there is enough of a difference for it to be worth it considering the Pixel XL is still better than most phones that are just coming out.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Rab said:

I'm trying to decide on whether I should upgrade from a Pixel XL to a Pixel 2 XL.

Not sure there is enough of a difference for it to be worth it considering the Pixel XL is still better than most phones that are just coming out.

Most of the improvements are all software based so I'd say wait. Next year they'll probably do a whole design refresh (exterior) with a new OS so that might be the time to upgrade.

4 hours ago, Rab said:

When does the next version come out?

I'm due an upgrade at the end of June and don't really want another Samsung (it's been good but I doubt there'll be a difference between the S7 and the S9).

My Samsung has been sending loads of "breaking news" notifications lately that really don't warrant a notification. Doing my nut in. I would like breaking news but not this. The date of the royal wedding is not breaking news. An RAF base going into lock down does not need to be sent to my phone until something newsworthy actually happens. The poor lass who worked for the British Embassy who was raped and murdered in Beirut maybe counts, but then I don't need a follow up notification the next day to say the police have arrested someone.

They are spamming my phone now.

56 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

My Samsung has been sending loads of "breaking news" notifications lately that really don't warrant a notification. Doing my nut in. I would like breaking news but not this. The date of the royal wedding is not breaking news. An RAF base going into lock down does not need to be sent to my phone until something newsworthy actually happens. The poor lass who worked for the British Embassy who was raped and murdered in Beirut maybe counts, but then I don't need a follow up notification the next day to say the police have arrested someone.

Is that from the Upday feed?

I get that as well.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

They've just sent yet another one. Something along the lines of

"Mutiple casualties as train crashes"

Didn't say where so you have to click to their article to find out. Pure clickbait. They've gone right down hill.

I'm getting these notifications too all of a sudden. There was something called News Republic on my last phone (HTC) which appeared to install itself after a software update because I never put it on but to be fair the news was actually worthwhile.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Its their poor integration with Google Assistant imo. This damn thing has been flooding me with news from football and tech ever since I got the phone. You can turn it off in the Assistant settings but some of the cards are actually quite useful for my work. Just go to the Google app on your phone, find Notifications -> Go to your Feed and turn it off then it kills it. If you're using a Samsung and haven't turned their assistant off then that might still churn out results and I am not sure what to do there really. 

• Upvote 1

I've recently upgraded to a Galaxy Note 8 and it's an absolute dream. Fortunately I got £200 off it through my employer because I don't think I'd have paid the full asking price for it; as brilliant as it is, I just couldn't justify spending that much on something I don't need.

As for news, can you guys not just disable or uninstall upday? I use Google Play Newsstand and Reuters, and I've never seen them as spammy or clickbait.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

One of the newest Huawei phones, which I like to be honest, it's one of the best phones i've had I'd say. The Indian bird in Vodafone was very flirty and by the end of it I am now paying nearly double per month what I was. She saw me coming @Stan

she's mugged you right off there, mate ;) 

If you didn't get her number, you've had a mare. :D 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2018 at 15:50, Bluebird Hewitt said:

It's around now where I'm eligible for an upgrade. Tempted on the Huawei P20 Pro atm.

And that's what I did today. Really liking it so far but need a better case for the phone as the freebie one you get is a bit flimsy.

And I managed to transfer my FM18 save as well. :D