talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mobile Phones

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

My pixel 2 is excellent. Best phone I've ever had without a doubt. Got a unlimited calls and texts with 30gb of data a month for £35. I was very pleased when I found that deal. I'm on O2, and apart from the major bollocks up from them a couple week back I can't say I've ever had an issue with them.

I'm no expert but for budget phones I'd look at the Huawei P20 Lite which is at under 300£, or the Honor View 10 for something a bit better and with a bigger screen for around 450£.

That's what I'd get if I could quit Samsung :/

Edited by Machado

4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

My contract is up and I can get a new phone. 

However the cost of premium phones is now £800+. Even if split in monthly payments over 2 years I resent having to pay that. 

My Samsung S7 Edge is still ok for now. Though I do want a bigger screen. 

Any ideas?

Similar situation to me mate. I had to upgrade from my s7 tho as the charger slot was damaged and it was becoming harder to get the phone to charge. 

I picked up an S9 two days ago. Went through a friend and got a great plan deal by switching networks and getting a newcomers deal. I switched from network A to network B on prepaid pay as you go. Then 1 week later switched back to network A as a new customer and got a big discount on my plan. 

Standard plan for an s9 would be 5gb data unlimited calls for $89 a month for 2 years. I got it for $44.95 a month with 30gb data. 

To be honest I'm not seeing any major difference with the phone to the s7 as I'm not one to use a phone to its limits but it's handy to have a phone that charges, has double the storage space and the battery life is much improved. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Machado said:

I'm no expert but for budget phones I'd look at the Huawei P20 Lite which is at under 300£, or the Honor View 10 for something a bit better and with a bigger screen for around 450£.

That's what I'd get if I could quit Samsung :/

Don't you guys just get the phone for $0 upfront on a 24 month plan? Here that's the main way people do it and the monthly handset replacements tend to add up to less than half of the price to buy the phone outright....

5 hours ago, Harry said:

To be honest I'm not seeing any major difference with the phone to the s7 as I'm not one to use a phone to its limits but it's handy to have a phone that charges, has double the storage space and the battery life is much improved. 

Glad you said that. It's what I've been thinking. All I use mine for is the internet and WhatsApp really. There is nothing wrong with my phone except that perhaps it is getting worse connecting to the network for internet when out and about.

If there is no significant change from an s7 to an s9 then without the kind of deal you got I'll hold out for another year until they come up with something that is an improvement. 

Samsung and Apple seem like rip off merchants. 

On 29/12/2018 at 23:27, Harvsky said:

However the cost of premium phones is now £800+. Even if split in monthly payments over 2 years I resent having to pay that. 

Any ideas?

OnePlus

• Administrator

Woke up this morning and my phone has stopped working. Randomly restarts itself and now can't get past the startup screen, and constantly in a loop. Even Factory Reset doesn't work :( 

On 29/12/2018 at 23:27, Harvsky said:

Any ideas?

OnePlus 6.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have an Apple iPhone, and absolutely hate it. 

I think I'm going to either get the Samsung 9 Note, or the Google Pixel 3XL

Both good options. I looked at apple for my recent but phone acquisition but the price was but close to right. Huge price gap now to the equivalent Samsung model and really not sure how I could justify paying nearly double for it.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Both good options. I looked at apple for my recent but phone acquisition but the price was but close to right. Huge price gap now to the equivalent Samsung model and really not sure how I could justify paying nearly double for it.

Apple is just a shitty phone unless you like looking like everyone else and not being able to customize anything. 

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I might wait as long as it isn't going to be a stupid price. £500 is ok. 

Stick with the OnePlus 6, long lasting battery, decent/great cellphone reception, adequate storage and it wont break your budget. If you've got a bit more in the tank and want to future proof a bit then a Pixel 3 over the XL variant, the battery on these Pixel variants after the 2 is ridiculous. I have gone two days without charging mine and im left with about 4%. Granted i only use it for heavy email, bit of whatsapp and the odd browsing here and there but it does last a long time on a single charge which to me is very important.

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have an Apple iPhone, and absolutely hate it. 

I think I'm going to either get the Samsung 9 Note, or the Google Pixel 3XL

The Pixel 3 XL is huge. I'd definitely check them both out in your hand before your purchase. I went with the Pixel 3 because I didn't like the notch on it. I previously had a Pixel XL which feels absolutely massive now in comparison to the Pixel 3 and I genuinely don't feel like I'm missing anything from not having the XL. The screen size is the same height, the only difference is the width.

5 minutes ago, Rab said:

The Pixel 3 XL is huge. I'd definitely check them both out in your hand before your purchase. I went with the Pixel 3 because I didn't like the notch on it. I previously had a Pixel XL which feels absolutely massive now in comparison to the Pixel 3 and I genuinely don't feel like I'm missing anything from not having the XL. The screen size is the same height, the only difference is the width.

Yeah - I have heard people complain about the notch, so I'll work them both in my hand. Right now I have the iPhone 7, and the size in nice. The Samsung Note is a goregous device though and that this is massive. 

• Administrator

Tell you what, Google have been pretty damn good about sorting me out with a phone.

My phone reached Poland yesterday at 8.15am. I received my replacement phone by 3pm this morning :x

Feels so good to have my proper phone back xD 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I've had iPhone's for years and never had any issues but now I'm seeing some of my work mates phones and they are getting a HELL of a lot more than what I'm paying for the same phone with a bigger screen each time I upgrade. 

Only reason I've still got my iPhone is because all my friends seem to have them so using iMessage is handy and it syncs nicely with my Mac etc.