Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

football forum

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

:( 

Smaller jets going across the sea at lower altitudes, hitting cross winds as land emerges from the water has to be a terrifying experience. I wouldn't want to do it myself.  

56 minutes ago, Marc said:

Very sad.

I wonder if clubs have some kind of insurance in place for death. I'm pretty sure they do for career ending injuries so it would make sense if they did in the result of death

I would imagine professional contracts entail some sort of life insurance policy along with it. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

I heard that interview, it's badly translated. What actually happened is that Emiliano sent the message BEFORE this flight saying effectively what it says there because they had used the same plane when going from Cardiff back to Nantes to say goodbye to his teammates and they had a very rough flight. Should have switched planes, don't know why they didn't. And by the looks of it the plane was hired in the UK rather than in France, maybe even provided by the club.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

And by the looks of it the plane was hired in the UK rather than in France, maybe even provided by the club

Apparently Cardiff's owners say it wasn't their plane but they may have paid a company to hire/use it . Either way, the buck stops with those who are responsible for checking the vehicle was safe to fly in, especially if there were concerns raised after a recent flight anyway. That is, of course, if there was anything actually wrong with the plane - as has been stated it may have just struggled with really, really bad conditions and malfunctioned as a result, in which case any checks done on the plane beforehand wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Just now, Stan said:

Apparently Cardiff's owners say it wasn't their plane but they may have paid a company to hire/use it . Either way, the buck stops with those who are responsible for checking the vehicle was safe to fly in, especially if there were concerns raised after a recent flight anyway. That is, of course, if there was anything actually wrong with the plane - as has been stated it may have just struggled with really, really bad conditions and malfunctioned as a result, in which case any checks done on the plane beforehand wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Checks only verify that the plane is in working order and has no imminent causes to fail, pretty much like if you take your car to a mechanic before a long trip to perform a general check. But they won't stop you from rising if the actual design of the plane is flawed to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Checks only verify that the plane is in working order and has no imminent causes to fail, pretty much like if you take your car to a mechanic before a long trip to perform a general check. But they won't stop you from rising if the actual design of the plane is flawed to begin with.

Yes but the maintenance regimes of the two things are set with critically in mind. In a car it is a breakdown and tow job and in a plane it could mean fatality. Therefore the level of maintenance and condition monitoring checks being done is much much higher. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes but the maintenance regimes of the two things are set with critically in mind. In a car it is a breakdown and tow job and in a plane it could mean fatality. Therefore the level of maintenance and condition monitoring checks being done is much much higher. 

Yes but the point is that they're general checks to determine whether the vehicle is apt to operate as it was intended, but they won't care if they actual design is flawed from the get-go

With the strong current, I wonder what the odds are that he’s ever found. They never found that Malaysia Airlines flight (or did they I stopped paying attention - but if they did it took them a long time). I imagine it’d be harder to find just 2 people and/or a small aircraft.

Those small, single engine, propelled planes are so dangerous though. It was a mental decision to have him fly out in one through a storm.

I agree with @Berserker here - these planes are too dangerous to be used for commercial purposes. From what I understand they’ve got value in teaching people how to fly planes... but I think that should probably be the extent of their use nowadays. Seems like a very needless risk to take with peoples lives.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Actually disregard what i said, i heard the interview of the guy quoted on that tweet but he was wrong and the quote was actually correct as i now heard the actual audio and it's terrific. Emiliano says

"The plane looks like it's going to fall apart, if in an hour and half you don't have news from me i don't know if they will send someone to search for me because they won't find me, you know, good lord i'm terrified."

It's like he knew for real, an exact premonition (he was calm and joking with his friends, not in distress yet). :(

That's fucking sick. I don't personally get anxiety over flying but in that particular scenario I don't think anyone can imagine the torture of proceeding with something you're so uncomfortable about and then having your worst fears be realised.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't want to make it all about what happened to us but there are some similarities about it all. It's hit the point for me now where I think there has to be the realistic, but ultimately horrible acceptance that they're probably dead. The lack of news is concerning and it was similar with Vichai, it went on for so long without anything that you thought they're just preparing for that inevitable statement.

It's horrible for everyone involved, and I know it's not really the time but I wonder what will actually come from this as a result - do Cardiff still pay the fee etc...

Can’t agree about the similarities. There really aren’t many more than a person from a football club has been in an air related incident. 

Leicester’s there was evidence. The blacked out shell of the helicopter was in a car park, whereas, currently, there’s no remains found yet from this incident. A crash in water is vastly different and the lack of news will be likely because there’s genuinely no news, unlike the Leicester crash, where it was pretty apparent almost instantly what happened.

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

With the strong current, I wonder what the odds are that he’s ever found. They never found that Malaysia Airlines flight (or did they I stopped paying attention - but if they did it took them a long time). I imagine it’d be harder to find just 2 people and/or a small aircraft.

Those small, single engine, propelled planes are so dangerous though. It was a mental decision to have him fly out in one through a storm.

I agree with @Berserker here - these planes are too dangerous to be used for commercial purposes. From what I understand they’ve got value in teaching people how to fly planes... but I think that should probably be the extent of their use nowadays. Seems like a very needless risk to take with peoples lives.

They never found mh370. It seems like it should be easy to find thin beds in water in these situations but the Indian ocean is comparable to the size of all the land on earth combined. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'd be careful of believing all this last 'text' drama a lot of grief mongers among us unfortunately.. Let's just wait and see the truth. 

Unless someone is impersonating him and has such a similar voice to be able to fool his friends, it's what he actually said, i'm not implying they were his last ever words by any chance, just that it was what he said on the plane.

Here's the audio:

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

They never found mh370. It seems like it should be easy to find thin beds in water in these situations but the Indian ocean is comparable to the size of all the land on earth combined. 

Theoretically couldn’t the current have dragged them out into the Atlantic though?

• The title was changed to Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

Archived