• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

football forum

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really not sure what to make of this.

We need a striker, but for someone who is late 20's and has not played outside of France (as far as I'm aware) sounds like a desperation signing.

On top of that, if this signing does go ahead, where in actual fuck was this money in the summer if we had it available?

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Really not sure what to make of this.

We need a striker, but for someone who is late 20's and has not played outside of France (as far as I'm aware) sounds like a desperation signing.

On top of that, if this signing does go ahead, where in actual fuck was this money in the summer if we had it available?

The sensible bet pre season was to expect relegation.

However as things stand, perhaps the board now think there's actually a decent chance of surviving another season so it's worth risking a bit of money to improve the chances?

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The sensible bet pre season was to expect relegation.

However as things stand, perhaps the board now think there's actually a decent chance of surviving another season so it's worth risking a bit of money to improve the chances?

Perhaps, but considering that we paid about £30m overall for Reid, Murphy, Cunningham and Smithies in the summer (excluding any possible loan fees for Arter and Camarasa), this just appears to have come out of the blue.

• Subscriber

Personally think that's way too much for someone like Cardiff to pay for someone of his age and someone without that great a track record before this season but he does seem like the kind of striker Warnock likes - maybe it's an element of them feeling like this is the final piece of the jigsaw so it could be excused if he scored the goals to keep them up.

Having seen plenty of it myself though I am massively against paying a lot of money for players aged 28+. It's dead money if they flop.

33 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looks like this deal may be close to being done...........with one caveat.

Nantes want him to play against Angers on Saturday. We want him for Newcastle on Saturday.

Nantes play on sunday...he can play in both, sorted. xD

• Administrator

Whilst he can be a bit of a barn door sometimes, he's not without skill and technique. I would say though against teams with defenders who are quick on the deck and strong in the air, he's not going to be a problem for them. In Ligue 1 some of the standard of defending is hilariously bad. I'd be surprised if he scores anymore than 5 goals to be honest. 

7 hours ago, Batard said:

Whilst he can be a bit of a barn door sometimes, he's not without skill and technique. I would say though against teams with defenders who are quick on the deck and strong in the air, he's not going to be a problem for them. In Ligue 1 some of the standard of defending is hilariously bad. I'd be surprised if he scores anymore than 5 goals to be honest. 

He'd be our top goalscorer then. Worth every penny. :ph34r:

• The title was changed to Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

Archived