talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

football forum

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't see how Cardiff can't pay, if he's been officially signed by them they should pay the money.

All a bit horrible when money and squabbling gets brought into something which is about someone's life.

49 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They’re entitled to the payment legally, Cardiff should pay them. It’s not Nantes’ fault he flew over in an unsafe single propellor engine and didn’t make it - they signed up for selling a player and sold him.

47 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I agree that they are owed the money but the timing isn't exactly great from Nantes to threaten legal action.

I'd imagine that we will pay once all things are sorted. The article mentions that 

'Cardiff have withheld the first scheduled payment until they are satisfied with the documentation' .

I don't know what documentation this is (to do with the crash I guess), but if we don't pay after that, it will be a bit cunty of us. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I agree that they are owed the money but the timing isn't exactly great from Nantes to threaten legal action.

I agree the timing is shite, as far as I know, they have seen 1 body but no identification of who, it would be far, far, better to recover the bodies first, lay them to rest and let the family get over the loss of both and then do whatever. 

The pilot at the front of the plane is probably all over the channel.

People humming and harring over the state of the plane need to remember that A) Sala was joking on social media and B) shit happens. Look at poor old mate Vichai.

If he had any real reservations about getting on that plane again he probably shouldn't have gotten on it.

• Subscriber

Sad news in the end but its good for the loved ones who get closure. The real big deal now is stopping the plying of these aircrafts that could lead to such conditions and what aviation authorities do to help this from never happening again. Having said that I doubt there was any way the pilot could have known this was going to happen and accidents like these are never in anyone's true control. 

• The title was changed to Emiliano Sala’s Body Found in Plane Wreckage
19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nantes have retired the #9 

The right move really. 

Hope Cardiff pays the 15m transfer fee and we all can focus on the absolute tragedy that this is, and not the fact that Cardiff if facing a possible points deduction if the fee isn't paid. 

RIP Sala

1 hour ago, Eco said:

The right move really. 

Hope Cardiff pays the 15m transfer fee and we all can focus on the absolute tragedy that this is, and not the fact that Cardiff if facing a possible points deduction if the fee isn't paid. 

RIP Sala

I hate when clubs retire numbers, personally

2 hours ago, Eco said:

The right move really. 

RIP Sala

Nantes demanding first payment just as the wreckage was found was a bit insensitive. Could have waited until after the body was identified, Cardiff have said they will honour the agreement already. 

RIP. Least his family can bury him now. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Why? I don't see what harm it is, and it's a good, symbolic gesture. 

It's a bit much really. Especially the #9 of all kits. 

A memorial for him at both Cardiff and Nantes would be far more appropriate. 

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Why? I don't see what harm it is, and it's a good, symbolic gesture. 

Maybe it’s because I support a club where there are famous number 9s, famous number 7s, etc. when I was a kid I wanted to grow up to play number 9 at Liverpool because of Fowler, I bet a lot of kids want to play as a #8 because of Stevie.

I always like the idea of a local kids making the being the next in a long line of famous players at iconic numbers for us, doing what they dreamed about doing when they were kids.

Its like a purely emotional thing not rooted in anything rational. But I think you could say the same in having the numbers retired

• Administrator

why are some fans just such cunts?! Absolutely no common sense or maturity with some.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47187084

Southampton plan to ban two supporters who taunted Cardiff City fans about the death of striker Emiliano Sala.

The 28-year-old Argentine died in a plane crash almost three weeks ago, with his body found on Thursday.

Two Saints fans were pictured making aeroplane gestures during their side's 2-1 home defeat by the Bluebirds and were spoken to by Hampshire Police.

"Such behaviour has no place in our game and will not be tolerated at St Mary's," a club statement read.

"Southampton Football Club can confirm that two fans were detained and had their details taken by police during our match against Cardiff City on Saturday.

"The club will continue to work with Hampshire Police to identify any individuals deemed to have made indecent gestures towards Cardiff supporters.

"The club will be taking an extremely firm stance against anyone involved and intends to ban those supporters identified."

After Cardiff's injury-time win, Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock said: "We wanted to do it for Emiliano and I'm really proud the lads have done him justice."

There were tributes and a minute's silence before the game started.

• Administrator

At St Mary’s yesterday there was a fan complaining about the minute silence. 

“Why are we doing this again?! Fuck sake,”

He then followed it up with 

“Pay the fucking bill”

Cunt

• The title was changed to Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

Archived