talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

football forum

football forum
30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No distress call which is the main concern. 

Wishful thinking at this point unfortunately. 

Not sure that's true as I read on another website that there was a distress call near Guernsey asking for immediate landing but before they could arrange such a landing the plan lost communication. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Seems he had some fears about the plane after the first flight?

According to David Phelippeau’s report, Sala had arrived in Nantes on the same plane from Cardiff over the weekend.

On Monday he arrived at the club to say goodbye to his team-mates and have lunch with them one last time.

Sala is said to have given a speech before his departure.

He then returned to the airport with his team-mate Nicolas Pallois, and expressed his ‘fears about the safety of the flight’.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1076119/Emiliano-Sala-plane-missing-Cardiff-Nantes

• Subscriber

This inevitability about the news doesn't half remind me of what happened to us in October. It's absolutely horrible.

You just can't imagine any way they've survived it.

Horrible horrible day again.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

The search has been suspended until sunrise again. I agree @Dan, it just has an air of sadness about it that there can only be one outcome at this stage.

I don't want to make it all about what happened to us but there are some similarities about it all. It's hit the point for me now where I think there has to be the realistic, but ultimately horrible acceptance that they're probably dead. The lack of news is concerning and it was similar with Vichai, it went on for so long without anything that you thought they're just preparing for that inevitable statement.

It's horrible for everyone involved, and I know it's not really the time but I wonder what will actually come from this as a result - do Cardiff still pay the fee etc...

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Well what were the floating objects?

Could be any kind of debris, may not even be from a plane. For the benefit of the friends and family, I guess they want to be 100% sure it's part of the missing plane before confirming anything. 

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

They're going to suspend the fucking search?, don't they powerful lights or something like police choppers have?

They probably do but I'm guessing it's very windy and treacherous down there so don't want to risk any further incidents involving their own aircrafts, let alone with low visibility compared to daylight.

Probably putting more people in danger in the search for people who, statistically, have a very slim hope of being found, let alone being found alive, so they should be stopping. It’s also incredibly hard to spot something in the dark too, so could be a total waste of resources anyway.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I don't want to make it all about what happened to us but there are some similarities about it all. It's hit the point for me now where I think there has to be the realistic, but ultimately horrible acceptance that they're probably dead. The lack of news is concerning and it was similar with Vichai, it went on for so long without anything that you thought they're just preparing for that inevitable statement.

It's horrible for everyone involved, and I know it's not really the time but I wonder what will actually come from this as a result - do Cardiff still pay the fee etc...

Unfortunately, I agree with this. It's now to the point where you hope for the best but fear the worst.

It doesn't look great at the moment. Longer they're out there, the less chance that they're still alive. Obviously nothing confirmed at the moment and we can hope for the best but as of now it'd be a surprise if they're still alive.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Genuine question, how accurate is 2 boats, 1 plane and 2 helicopters at covering that sort of radius in 10 hours? 

Bloody hard I would imagine, I am only going by what my daughter's partner told me a while back as him being a navy diver who has helped in searches like that, the seas are vast and it all depends on the conditions in trying to spot and distinguish some object (human or whatever) bobbing around on the ocean and air conditions (wind etc), fuel consumption, they may spot something when in a helicopter through scopes a distance back, fly towards it and then it has disappeared, bloody painstaking and like he said "It can be like looking for a needle in a haystack".   

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Bloody hard I would imagine, I am only going by what my daughter's partner told me a while back as him being a navy diver who has helped in searches like that, the seas are vast and it all depends on the conditions in trying to spot and distinguish some object (human or whatever) bobbing around on the ocean and air conditions (wind etc), fuel consumption, they may spot something when in a helicopter through scopes a distance back, fly towards it and then it has disappeared, bloody painstaking and like he said "It can be like looking for a needle in a haystack".   

I'm guessing they'd use infrared or some kind of thermal imaging as well to make it easier to spot something that's not water. And something that's easier to see on a screen as opposed to the naked eye. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing they'd use infrared or some kind of thermal imaging as well to make it easier to spot something that's not water. And something that's easier to see on a screen as opposed to the naked eye. 

They do but if the body is not throwing off any thermal image because they are obscured by some floatage or dead then it's a hard task. 

"Coast guard and search and rescue teams face extreme conditions daily, as a regular element of their jobs. At night, and especially in stormy weather, efforts to save people in the water can quickly become a nightmare scenario simply because they can’t be seen. Handheld thermal cameras can save rescue teams precious minutes that make the difference between life and death, by revealing the location of people that have been swept overboard and are in imminent danger of drowning. These cameras display images that are based on differences in heat, not on light, and this is what makes them invaluable to crews working against the clock to save lives."

https://www.google.com/search?q=Body+Heat+-+Thermal+Image&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB790GB790&oq=Body+Heat+-+Thermal+Image+&aqs=chrome..69i57.14175j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• The title was changed to Emiliano Sala - Cardiff Face Transfer Ban

Archived