talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Race for CL Places

• Administrator

I think Spurs will be fine and get there. I don't think Chelsea will hold on so then it's between Arsenal & Man Utd. I think far too much fuss is made out of Ole losing a game or two and I think I have more optimism than most about how he'll do in the long-term and for the rest of this season.

All still have European commitments so that's a good leveller. I think if Spurs get knocked out vs Man City then they're still in the best place to secure top 4.

Arsenal have a tough tie against Napoli so perhaps they may see their European adventure ended which would then help them with securing top 4 too.

West Ham could have a big say in how it pans out - they play all 3 sides barring Arsenal.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Still feel we have a good chance of winning the Europa 

Same here, Chelsea are in the same situation as United was when Jose was in charge, he knew the top four and a Championship spot was not on so he settled for the Europa, but saying that it's been a funny old season and you never know, Chelsea just might nick the 4th spot as one of United wheels have come off Ole's car and he is only relying on the other 3 wheels.

Then you have Spurs in their brand new stadium and they might suddenly come unstuck and finish outside the top 4, I can remember when Arsenal left Highbury for the brand new stadium at the Emirates, that move has nosedived, no league titles and no Wenger now and they are hoping past glories return just like when they played at Highbury.

• 3 weeks later...

3. Tottenham - 70pts (+30)
4. Chelsea - 67pts (+21)
5. Arsenal - 66pts (+23)
6. Man Utd - 64pts (+13)

Tottenham
H v. West Ham
A v. Bournemouth
H v. Everton

Chelsea
A v. Man Utd
H v. Watford
A v. Leicester

Arsenal
A v. Leicester
H v. Brighton
A v. Burnley

Man Utd
H v. Chelsea
A v. Huddersfield
H v. Cardiff

Tottenham will most likely get 3rd. Could be any of the other 3 for 4th seeing as all 3 are playing shit.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yea, Just caught the Arsenal result before leaving work, they were 1-0 up the last I saw so that's enough now.. been a hell of a slog and for the most part didn't think we would make it with some of the results and chances we have had and failed to take but got there in the end.. I do wonder if this might influence Hazard's decision to stay with us or move on?? 

I am glad it's Chelsea finishing in the top four. If the transfer ban stays, then they might not really be able to improve on their squad despite being in UCL, and most likely lose Hazard. 

Consequently, Utd and Arsenal without UCL might just struggle to attract top talents. 

Archived