talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tit for Tat

football forum

This is only on here because I overheard a conversation today and it got me thinking.... 

I think we have all been involved in tit for tat at some point in our lives and I will readily admit to seeking petty revenge if it's the right person.. and by the right person I mean the type of person who will be pulling their hair out over the simplest of things. If I was being honest it puts a great smile on my face when I get to fuck with someone even if it's just for a bit... I mean I am a nice bloke in general and if I am trying to wind someone up then they deserve it. B|

I would say I am not the person who goes out of their way to cause these things but when you are just doing your job in general it can sometimes put someones back up if they have a particular 'thing' that grinds their gears and then the worst mistake they can make with me is show me all that emotion, or over react even to the slightest things because I will jump all over that.. They never come over and tell you what the problem is they just get all hot under the collar and start huffing and puffing then get the arse.. 

We used to have this manager that worked in our Goods-In department and he was such a lazy git and it was his job to ensure that the area they received goods was clear for us to be able to get forklifts in and out etc but despite telling him to sort his staff out he would just slope off somewhere and we would be forced to move it ourselves.. Unlike most I don't tend to show my anger at such things I just tend to hold it all in and plan my revenge. So anyway, at the end of each shift he would have to ensure that all knives given out to the goods-in staff were accounted for before shift handover each night and we cracked their code on the padlock and used to take one of the knives out 10 minutes before the end of shift.. 

I took great delight when he came in and counted them out only to find one missing, failure to have all knives accounted for means disciplinary at our place so he would be running around searching everyone and if some staff had gone a bit earlier he was forced to go looking for them up in the canteen and such like, he used to rage something rotten and it was all I could do to keep a straight face as he was losing it in the office.. Just before 7 we would put it back in the box and tell him is he sure he counted them right?? We used to do this on a periodic basis especially if they had a few agency in because he would be panicking like mad.. It was great to be saying "night all!" knowing he would have to stay behind to sort things out and get all the paperwork in order... xD 

So what I want to know is are you a Titter ( starter of trouble ) or a Tatter ( the one who seeks equivalent retaliation ) 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm not into revenge or even petty retaliation and I don't think I ever actively participated in it, but I admit that I do feel Schadenfreude every once in a while when instant karma hits and someone gets what I think they deserve... 

42 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm not into revenge or even petty retaliation and I don't think I ever actively participated in it, but I admit that I do feel Schadenfreude every once in a while when instant karma hits and someone gets what I think they deserve... 

I think we are all like that... 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes but I tend to expect more from myself than I do from others :ph34r:

Indeed, and I wouldn't have expected anything less from you..

You are a 'Don't take revenge let Karma do all the work' kind of person.... 

Archived