• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Radio & Podcasts

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Only turn on the radio occasionally when I work; like having it in the background. Have a few German stations saved that mostly play oldies and classic rock with a few short breaks (news & weather; short interesting stories etc.). 

• Subscriber

The only radio we listen too now and then is Radio Gold on the tv, old-time hits mainly and that's when there is nothing worth watching on tv, me and the wife will sit down, normally with a bottle of wine and have a good old natter while listening to the music or sing along when we are using our laptops.

Other than that I will turn the radio on BBC Sports to listen to footy live if it's not on tv.

Edit: Oh and welcome aboard too @Pyfish as a newcomer, keep posting.

Planet Rock for background noise and 5Live if there's a decent game or I have nothing better to do. The amount of matches they do broadcast is unreal so there is usually something worthwhile.

• Administrator

Rarely listen to radio now as I use Spotify to listen to music I like.

Although sometimes I'll whack on Kisstory for some nostalgia xD.

Kerrang sometimes gets some airtime but not as much as I used to.

Not radio exactly, but I've been listening to Peter Crouch's podcasts recently.

Absolutely brilliant listening, he has some truly great anecdotes and it's easy listening to if you happen to be stuck in traffic.

I thoroughly urge others to jump on that train.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not radio exactly, but I've been listening to Peter Crouch's podcasts recently.

Absolutely brilliant listening, he has some truly great anecdotes and it's easy listening to if you happen to be stuck in traffic.

I thoroughly urge others to jump on that train.

Train jumped on already! Great to listen to as it's not too serious and as you say, the anecdotes can be hilarious sometimes. 

• The title was changed to Radio & Podcasts

Radio 4, 5live for sport and that's about it, Radio City on occasion. Stopped listening to TalkSport for good when it completely sold itself to the Sun but it's always been that sort of ill-informed, shouty, reactionary garbage.

Football weekly for podcasts but I do want to explore more, mainly history if anyone knows of any good ones?

My own podcast B|

I really like individual country podcasts. GolBezan for Iran, Hand of Pod for Argentina, The Mexican Soccer Show for... well, Mexico

As for others, The Asian Game is good fun and well run, I liked Scouted Football's podcast before they decided to stop. I like World Football Index's South American football podcasts.

I used to be a part of Serie A Sitdown, but I don't follow much Serie A anymore, although it's well organized with brilliant hosts and if you want a good Serie A show, then it's for you.

Glory Guerilla for Perth Glory. Sometimes I listen to my own podcasts too just as a laugh.

That's about it really.

Think there’s very few decent football podcasts out there. I’m not so much interested in a few blokes talking about the weekend’s games, I can get that on Match of the Day or the Internet. I’m more interested in something a bit different and something more interesting but these kind of podcasts are very few and far between. 

This Football Life on Spotify has some very good episodes, though. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Think there’s very few decent football podcasts out there. I’m not so much interested in a few blokes talking about the weekend’s games, I can get that on Match of the Day or the Internet. I’m more interested in something a bit different and something more interesting but these kind of podcasts are very few and far between. 

Match of the Day is a few imbeciles talking about the weekend's games, there are many better options.

I listened to the first few of the Peter Crouch podcast when I was away in October. Not got around to the rest yet but will do at some point as thought it was good.

I've been listening to the old Ricky Gervais XFM shows and podcasts with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington for years now before going to sleep. They never get old!

Liverpool podcast, The Anfield Wrap. They do two free shows a week. I normally listen to them on the way home from work.

I am actually looking to revamp an old podcast of mine regarding young players. If anyone is interested in listening to it, or even being a part of it send me a DM.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

This Football Life on Spotify has some very good episodes, though. 

Football Weekly with James Richardson (Football Italia) is pretty good. Weekly so no overkill and they talk about a range of footballing matters, not just Premier League. Ralph Honigstein and James Horncastle usually offer knowledgeable insight, not just analysis, and it's actually good conversation and camaraderie between them all, with a special guest for each week's show.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Rab said:

The podcasts I listen to are all digital marketing related. Content marketing, SEO, Facebook marketing etc. The amount of knowledge I've gained from it is insane.

:68_sleeping::68_sleeping:

Sounds like the kind of content I need to listen to when I have insomnia!

Archived