• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crime in the Premier League

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Shit article. Been to Newcastle many times and it's quality. 

Doesn't mean it's devoid of crime just cos you went there once and had a quality time xD 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Doesn't mean it's devoid of crime just cos you went there once and had a quality time xD 

I didn't say I'd been there once, I said many times! 

It's no different to any other town/city, they all have their faults. 

Leicester (honestly) is one of the worst I've been to! Full of pricks wanting a go. 

Never go back there again. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Leicester (honestly) is one of the worst I've been to! Full of pricks wanting a go. 

Mate, I can tell you from someone who lives in a very dangerous city that you shouldn't generalize.

I love it here and always will, and I have never been a victim of crime in my life - but the crime rate is still high and I see all the time in the news people getting robbed at gunpoint including family members who have had it happen to them. 

And I always walk with my phone in my hand! Not the wisest thing to do but I know when to use it and when to hide it. I think it's quality here and I don't find it that dangerous, but in reality that will only last until it actually happens.

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

They're right though that being right in the city centre is going to skew the crime stats - they'll be getting a lot of crime unrelated to football that's just typical of city centres.

To be fair the crime round Anfield will be unrelated to football, it's just a rough area. Around Old Trafford used to be a moody place but has seemingly been replaced by the soulless husk of Salford Quays and countless samey tower blocks inhabited by young professional types.

Not sure what goes on around Stamford Bridge, rent boys?

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

To be fair the crime round Anfield will be unrelated to football, it's just a rough area. Around Old Trafford used to be a moody place but has seemingly been replaced by the soulless husk of Salford Quays and countless samey tower blocks inhabited by young professional types.

I've been to Anfield and I agree it does seem rough for England standards. Definitely the markings of a great football ground xD

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They're right though that being right in the city centre is going to skew the crime stats - they'll be getting a lot of crime unrelated to football that's just typical of city centres.

Oh yeah, I agree with that. Just it looked like @LFCMadLad is saying the article is wrong because it's quality whenever he's been (which I agree with, I've been Newcastle and it's a great place).

Anyway, back to Klopp and how he hugs his players...

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've been to Anfield and I agree it does seem rough for England standards. Definitely the markings of a great football ground xD

Most football grounds in the UK will be in what many consider to be 'rough' areas, they're basically working class areas close to the heart of fanbase. Most of them haven't always been 'rough', in fact there is some lovely housing in parts of Anfield but it fell into disrepair and part of that is Liverpool FC's fault as they bought loads of the houses round there and did nothing with them, which always leads to the degradation of an area.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Most football grounds in the UK will be in what many consider to be 'rough' areas, they're basically working class areas close to the heart of fanbase. Most of them haven't always been 'rough', in fact there is some lovely housing in parts of Anfield but it fell into disrepair and part of that is Liverpool FC's fault as they bought loads of the houses round there and did nothing with them, which always leads to the degradation of an area.

The area around Anfield if I remember correctly was full of shady pubs. 

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Blue said:

The area around Anfield if I remember correctly was full of shady pubs. 

And dereliction of housing estates or streets of terraced housing with smashed windows or boarded up doors etc which are directly in the stadiums shadow. It's a bit of a shithole to be honest (this was when I went in 2014) so may have improved there along with the stadium's redevelopment...

I used to live in Anfield and I agree it was a really rough area. I moved out in 2008 because they were demolishing the houses, now has loads of new houses and I don't know what is like now. Glad I moved out used to see loads of drug dealings. I think all the shops around there need demolishing too.

Biggest crime in the premier league is Mike Ashley being allowed to own a football club. Not for much longer though.

Newcastle wont be in the premier league much longer:ph34r:

• Subscriber
On 16/01/2019 at 15:20, LFCMadLad said:

You're welcome ^_^

• Subscriber
On 16/01/2019 at 15:35, The Artful Dodger said:

Any topless pics?

Archived