talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Rodríguez Completes Move to Everton

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Zidane wanted him gone didn't he? And of course Bale too.

Will he resign again?

Indeed mate and he’s not too into Isco either. In my personal opinion (this is just my view) Florentino is looking to push Zidane into resignation because he wouldn’t sack him due to the fact he’s a club legend as a player and then his Champions League record as a coach. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed mate and he’s not too into Isco either. In my personal opinion (this is just my view) Florentino is looking to push Zidane into resignation because he wouldn’t sack him due to the fact he’s a club legend as a player and then his Champions League record as a coach. 

Intriguing if true but also incredibly bizarre even for real Madrid...

He hires Zidane back knowing what he wanted yet now wants him gone for the same reason? 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Intriguing if true but also incredibly bizarre even for real Madrid...

He hires Zidane back knowing what he wanted yet now wants him gone for the same reason? 

He didn’t want to hire Zidane mate. He wanted Mourinho back and didn’t want to sack him back in the day but was forced to or having to deal with a coup in the boardroom forcing early elections. He brought Zidane back under pressure.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Real could be in for a total flop of a season 

What’s more of a flop than last season?

The only three options for a worse season are;

• Don’t qualify for the Champions League.
  • Don’t quality for Europe at all.
  • Relegation.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

• Relegation.

They could go out in the group stage in Europe as well.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

• Relegation.

The same exact thing, except having an injection of 300 million over the summer 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

They could go out in the group stage in Europe as well.

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The same exact thing, except having an injection of 300 million over the summer 

I mean, any scenario that isn’t competing for La Liga right until the end (I actually feel that whoever the coach is this season he’ll be obliged to win La Liga) will mean being dismissed. 

It’s not been made official yet but apparently both SSC Napoli and Real Madrid have come to an agreement to loan the midfielder to the Italian club.

More to follow...

Source: (Italian newspaper) La Repubblica

• The title was changed to James Rodríguez - SSC Napoli and Real Madrid Agree Loan Deal
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

It’s not been made official yet but apparently both SSC Napoli and Real Madrid have come to an agreement to loan the midfielder to the Italian club.

More to follow...

Source: (Italian newspaper) La Repubblica

Cheers Jim. Looking forward to the updates!

• 2 weeks later...

Colombian legend Carlos Valderrama in an interview for ESPN made this statement regarding his compatriot's (James Rodríguez) current situation at Real Madrid;

"The coach has his favourites, those who stay close to him. Anyone else that doesn't show that devotion is an outcast and that's the current situation with James. There could be 24 injured players at Real Madrid and James still wouldn't get onto the coach's selection list."

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.b84064e153e74a4c7c75a319b9427799.png

Edit: Post deleted because it read Burnley's, James Rodriguez, I can't find anything about him going to Burnley?

Spoiler

Burnley's English forward Jay Rodriguez, 30, is being linked with a surprise move to Inter Milan in January. (Calcio Mercato - in Italian)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I think he's the sort of player, like Coutinho, where if you build a team around them... that's where they shine the brightest (that's probably true of loads of good players tbh). I think Ancelotti will make him the focal point of the midfield - the link between the midfield and attack, and he'll finally get his career back on track.

• The title was changed to James Rodríguez - Everton Linked
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.90941ae37e1f376b0d0c6f7e991cdb5a.png

James Rodriguez and Allan to have Everton medicals next week as Toffees close in on a double swoop

Everton are closing in on two signings with James Rodriguez and Allan set to complete moves to the club.

Everton emerged as a surprise destination for Real Madrid’s Rodriguez earlier this week and now the Merseysiders are on the verge of securing a season-long loan deal, with a medical scheduled in for early next week. (talkSPORT)Arrow.png.f326fa79f1f5aa5d4531184004f29719.png

• The title was changed to James Rodríguez Completes Move to Everton

Archived