talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Administrator

Heard about this and seeing the footage now.

I don't live in Leicester but I have close relatives that do (but not near where that explosion is thankfully). 

Looks mental though. Apparently gas explosion and has totally flattened a shop. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

In all honesty I don't know any more than anyone else as I've just gotten all my info from Twitter. Had no idea it's practically flattened a shop though. That's worrying.

even more worrying if there's flats above it. 

I don't know if nearby buildings have been affected but you'd think it'd be a similar layout to the one that exploded.

Hopefully no-one has died or been seriously hurt but it doesn't sound/look good :( 

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

In all honesty I don't know any more than anyone else as I've just gotten all my info from Twitter. Had no idea it's practically flattened a shop though. That's worrying.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't live in Leicester but I have close relatives that do (but not near where that explosion is thankfully). 

Thank God you two are safe.

That scares the shit of me knowing where it was. So it was just a natural gas explosion?

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Pictures are grim, looks as though the surrounding buildings are totally destroyed. 

What's the place that's on fire, an industrial estate, shops, flats?

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

News reporting that the building in question is a Londis shop. If there's any negligence on the company's part expect them to get absolutely rinsed.

people on our Leicester football forum are saying that it's a Polish shop that was undergoing renovations and had changed hands a few times in past couple of years.

There's a bar and a restuarant next to this place that's on far and I'm guessing with it being Sunday night there's bound to have been people in there. Hope they're all okay. 

• Subscriber

They're pulling bodies out apparently. It sounds nasty.

Does make you question how well some of these buildings are maintained.

I don't live in the city, I live in a village about 6 miles outside of it, but I drive past this area pretty frequently.

• Subscriber

I'm not one who eliminates the possibility of terrorism that easily but I think in this case it's pretty obvious it's a gas explosion. That's just totally pointless speculation from him.

Did you see the house in Birstall that exploded a few months ago? That was mental. One person I work with lives in Birstall and slept through it, someone lives 5 miles away and it woke them up xD

Weird stuff.

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Those bastards are/were endemic to rural Australia for years. Poor electrical wiring, and gas piping led to many lives, homes, businesses, and jobs being lost.

• Administrator

apparently an illegal distillery of vodka (in the basement) was the cause of the incident. Must have been something seriously wrong with the way it was set up to cause an explosion as big as that.

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not a chance, everyone is scared of Russia.

I don't know why - they've got a GDP that's smaller than Italy's. Crush their oligarchs with sanctions so the oligarchs stop supporting Putin - stopping their oligarchs from accessing their money is the key to fighting back with Russia. What's the point of stealing wealth from your country if you can't access that wealth?

Although that would mean London's finance would have to stop laundering their money, or be in violation of sanctions (and those cunts that I hate having as Liverpool sponsors, Standard Chartered, and other big banks will try to secretly get past sanctions because they want to make money off the super rich).

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat