talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

37 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I'll ne nice and I'll give you 8 days to pack your stuff :ph34r:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2486414098054198&id=771462172882741

Eh, not really groundbreaking. We already knew that Chinese and South-East Asian traders had touched down on Australia as well. I just doubt the extent of the 'trading'. I'd wager it was more trading blows than spices. Interesting though! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Eh, not really groundbreaking. We already knew that Chinese and South-East Asian traders had touched down on Australia as well. I just doubt the extent of the 'trading'. I'd wager it was more trading blows than spices. Interesting though! 

That's how the British colonised half of the World, no one could figure out their extent of 'trading' :coffee:

And still you have eight days

Edited by Azeem
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

That's how the British colonised half of the World, no one could figure out their extent of 'trading' :coffee:

Even Leif Eriksson beat Columbus to America. Of course though, the comment section is pure cancer; and nothing new is ever said; only the same old statements of political, ethnic, and religious diatribe.

'Stupid whites weren't the first people to arrive in Australia. Allahu akbar, brothers'.
'There was no civilization till the British colonised this continent'.
'It can't be 'discovered' if people already lived there for 60,000'.

Quite a can of worms, with a lot of people fighting over it with forks.

Edited by Spike

A car was stopped on a routine highway check post in Sahiwal, Pakistan something went wrong and the couple in the car was shot dead infront of their two kids. Authorities say they had weapons and refused to stop. Inquiry going on. 

421412_75260_Saiwal-_updates.jpg

This happens in America a lot right ?

Clashes between people and elephants intensify in India as firebombs are used

" They must assimilate into human societies this is a mammal land formed on primate values " angry crowd says

0a1dd1113aa72a4b81eef517e8fff321_800_420

https://splixa.com/elephants-attacked-indians-west-bengal?fbclid=IwAR2GGgaIOg0r5jA9oy3OSPaiQqqZX4k_lezXpmY8bSWtDj4rs6-Fd9Hk6_k

Edited by Azeem
  • Haha 1

On 21/01/2019 at 10:04, Azeem said:

A car was stopped on a routine highway check post in Sahiwal, Pakistan something went wrong and the couple in the car was shot dead infront of their two kids. Authorities say they had weapons and refused to stop............

The report is in, Zeeshan a man who was traveling with the family whose car they rented was an active member of ISIS and their neighbour. The car was purchased from another active member who was neutralized just days ago which is why he was fleeing to a safe zone. 

Family traveling with the criminal was unaware of his background and were killed due to criminal negligence for which a number of officers will have to face charges. 

In other news

- Tensions rise as Greece finalize the name change deal with ' Republic of North Macedonia ' Greeks took to streets saying ' There is only one Macedonia ' referring to the Greek province of Macedonia the homeland of Alexander the Great

Lebanon is now been in a political deadlock for eight months causing civil unrest. Saad Harriri the elected Prime Minister backed by Saudi Arabia has been failed to form a coalition government with Iran backed Hezbollah

- People in Turkey are concerned about the growing trend of commercializing Ataturk Mustefa Kamal's name on different merchandises like bags, shirts etc They say they don't want Ataturk's legacy to be used as an marketing tool like Che Guevara.

-  In Bosnia a term has become popular for batista's " Coffe Masters " not that they are masters of making coffe but they are actually Master's degree holders working as batista's due to lack of jobs in the country

Spider bites Australian man on penis again

A 21-year-old Australian tradesman has been bitten by a venomous spider on the penis for a second time.

The man was using a portable toilet on a Sydney building site on Tuesday, when he suffered a repeat of the incident five months ago.

Jordan, who preferred not to reveal his surname, said he was bitten on "pretty much the same spot" by the spider.

"I'm the most unlucky guy in the country at the moment," he told the BBC.

"I was sitting on the toilet doing my business and just felt the sting that I felt the first time.

"I was like 'I can't believe it's happened again.' I looked down and I've seen a few little legs come from around the rim."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37481251

@Devil-Dick Willie 

• Haha 1

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-47009118

About 300 people are missing after a dam collapsed at an iron ore mine in south-eastern Brazil, officials say.

The break caused a sea of muddy sludge that buried the dam's cafeteria where workers were eating lunch on Friday.

Rescue teams used earth-moving machinery at the site near the town of Brumadinho, in Minas Gerais state.

State governor Romeu Zema said there was little chance of finding people alive. So far nine people have been confirmed dead.

It is not clear what caused the collapse of the dam, owned by Brazil's largest mining company, Vale.

On Saturday, state prosecutors filed a request to freeze 5bn reais ($1.33bn; £1bn) on Vale's accounts to help fund recovery works and handle damage claims.

The collapse comes just over three years since a dam burst in Mariana, also in Minas Gerais, killing 19 people, in what is considered Brazil's worst environmental disaster.

The dam near Feijão iron ore mine burst its barrier at around 13:00 local time (15:00 GMT) on Friday, flooding another dam down below.

The torrent of sludge cut through the dam's complex, nearby farms and the neighbourhood where many of the workers live, destroying houses and vehicles.

There are reports that the dam's alarm system - which local residents had been trained to respond to - failed at the time of the accident.

But Vale president Fabio Schvartsman said the accident may have occurred too quickly for a siren which triggers security protocols to be activated.

The Globo website later reported that rescue officials provided the following breakdown on the number of the missing:

• Between 100 and 150 people in the administrative area close to the burst dam
  • About 30 people in the Vila Vértico area
  • About 35 people at Nova Estancia Inn
  • Between 100 and 140 people in the Parque das Cachoeiras

Dozens of trapped people, many of them covered in mud, had to be evacuated by helicopter as roads were destroyed.

Many other residents have been evacuated as a safety measure.

The company's chief executive Fabio Schvartsman said only one-third of the roughly 300 workers at the site had been accounted for.

Local firefighters also said the number of missing in the area could be as many as 300.

"I'm anxious, I want news," 28-year-old Helton Pereira told the BBC as he waited outside a hospital in nearby Belo Horizonte - his 28-year-old wife and 35-year-old sister worked at the dam's cafeteria and were both missing.

The search is being carried out by 100 firefighters with 100 more expected to join them on Saturday.

"From now, the odds are minimal and it's most likely we'll recover only bodies," Governor Zema said.

@El Profesor Hope you and your family aren't affected by this. Not sure where you are based in Brazil but nevertheless it's still a tragedy :( 

• Upvote 1

On 26/01/2019 at 15:56, Stan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-47009118

@El Profesor Hope you and your family aren't affected by this. Not sure where you are based in Brazil but nevertheless it's still a tragedy :( 

Thanks, Stan. I´m fine, I live in a different state. Unfortunately, the number of victims will grow in the next days, there are hundreds of missing people near the site. 

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat