talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

A British woman has been sentenced to six months in prison for slapping an immigration official in Indonesia.

https://news.sky.com/story/british-woman-jailed-after-slapping-worker-at-bali-airport-11629689

Worth mentioning that she originally overstayed her visa by almost 6 months, refused to pay the fine, and then insulted and slapped immigration officials for doing their job. Oh and then she failed to appear in court, and started insulting and kicking officers again.

What a silly entitled cow.

• Upvote 2

His name is Raphael Samuel. 

I personally think it's a case of SJW's self-loathing in the extreme, coupled with growing up with lawyer parents and knowing how easy it is to register a daft case in Indian courts (A man recently wanted to ban the red colour dresses throughout the country). 

This is his mother's response 

UoB0xe2.jpg

Or maybe it's just a case of trying to get fame. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

Hakeem Al-Araibi a Bahraini who fled Bahrain due to torture was in Thailand during his honeymoon when he was arrested and is still in jail held by the Bahraini government.

But he isn't getting the media attention like Rafa Al-Qunun who surprisingly got a lot of media attention. People pointing out that he is a male and can't use the feminist card like Rafa or he didn't denounced Islam to get the Islamophobe imdustry behind him. 

Edited by Azeem

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Hakeem Al-Araibi a Bahraini who fled Bahrain due to torture was in Thailand during his honeymoon when he was arrested and is still in jail held by the Bahraini government.

But he isn't getting the media attention like Rafa Al-Qunun who surprisingly got a lot of media attention. People pointing out that he is a male and can't use the feminist card like Rafa or he didn't denounced Islam to get the Islamophobe imdustry behind him. 

To be fair he also gets a lot of media attention here and Thai authorities have been pressured by their own people as well as Australia and the rest of international community.  It's just been announced that Thailand has just dropped an extradition case against him and he is set to return back to Australia. The biggest difference between Hakeem's and Rafa's case was the fact that there was an Interpol warrant issued for him and Bahrain formally requested his extradition based on criminal charges.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be fair he also gets a lot of media attention here and Thai authorities have been pressured by their own people as well as Australia and the rest of international community.  It's just been announced that Thailand has just dropped an extradition case against him and he is set to return back to Australia. The biggest difference between Hakeem's and Rafa's case was the fact that there was an Interpol warrant issued for him and Bahrain formally requested his extradition based on criminal charges.

Here but world wide

There is also a Yemeni girl seeking refugee named Nada Ali for two years. 

Rafa got huge response on social media while the Abu Dhabi's rulers daughter herself ran away few months before Rafa but no one really covered that. 

Political agendas of world media in these cases is undeniable 

Edited by Azeem
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Here but world wide

There is also a Yemeni girl seeking refugee named Nada Ali for two years. 

Rafa got huge response on social media while the Abu Dhabi's rulers daughter herself ran away few months before Rafa but no one really covered that. 

Political agendas of world media in these cases is undeniable 

21 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Rafa's case came during the Wests backlash of Saudis with Kashogi and all that. 

Had it happen during another time it would have been shoved under the carpet

Absolutely, there are tens of millions of displaced persons all around the world and only a few lucky ones ever get publicity leading to successful resolve of their cases. What media is doing is essentially just exploiting vulnerable people and their plight for someone else's political gains but I'm still happy for those few who happen to at least get help that way. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Interesting, I think that's true but it also makes me want to break stuff xD ..I also train harder while this type of music is playing and some songs like "hammer smashed face" make me think about killing people lol :ph34r:

If you haven't listened to it, checkout Bloodbath's album "Nightmare Made Flesh" it's awesome! ..Breeding Death is good too

• Subscriber

Boeing 737 Max 8 has been grounded and banned from entering the airspace pretty much everywhere except the US. Two major accidents with massive loss of human life within just a few months, both under very similar circumstances, and numerous reports from other pilots and aviation experts about issues with the anti-stalling software and especially the new complex (and apparently fundamentally broken) MCAS system that the pilots weren't even taught how to operate properly apparently :dam: Boeing still refuses to acknowledge that there's a defect, claims it's a "safe airplane" and promises to release a software update some time in April; while Boeing's CEO has personally asked Trump not to ground the 737 Max in the US. 

I just recently looked for a flight to Europe and was tempted by a relatively cheap one offered by Norwegian; decided against it because of the low price (too good to be true) and the fact that it uses those 737 Max airplanes. Safe to say, after current events and their response to it I will not fly any Boeing plane in the future at all. 

Two well known actresses among 50 charged over alleged college/university bribe.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47546946

Ms Loughlin, the star of US sitcom Full House, and her husband, designer Mossimo Giannulli, were among dozens charged on Tuesday in a college admissions and cheating scandal.

Court documents say the couple "agreed to pay bribes totalling $500,000 in exchange for having their two daughters designated as recruits to the USC [University of Southern California] crew team".

Authorities say neither of the daughters, beauty vlogger Olivia Jade Giannulli and her sister Isabella Rose Giannulli, were actually part of any rowing team.

Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman has also been indicted in the investigation.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Boeing 737 Max 8 has been grounded and banned from entering the airspace pretty much everywhere except the US. Two major accidents with massive loss of human life within just a few months, both under very similar circumstances, and numerous reports from other pilots and aviation experts about issues with the anti-stalling software and especially the new complex (and apparently fundamentally broken) MCAS system that the pilots weren't even taught how to operate properly apparently :dam: Boeing still refuses to acknowledge that there's a defect, claims it's a "safe airplane" and promises to release a software update some time in April; while Boeing's CEO has personally asked Trump not to ground the 737 Max in the US. 

I just recently looked for a flight to Europe and was tempted by a relatively cheap one offered by Norwegian; decided against it because of the low price (too good to be true) and the fact that it uses those 737 Max airplanes. Safe to say, after current events and their response to it I will not fly any Boeing plane in the future at all. 

My flights to and from Harbin were on that plane, I feel pretty fortunate. Norwegian air prices do seem too good to be true... but I flew with them to England recently and it was actually pretty nice. A bit worrying they use these shite planes.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My flights to and from Harbin were on that plane, I feel pretty fortunate. Norwegian air prices do seem too good to be true... but I flew with them to England recently and it was actually pretty nice. A bit worrying they use these shite planes.

Norwegian are now suing Boeing and seek compensation as they say they “should not have any financial burden for a brand new aircraft that will not to be used". Understandably so, considering that they are already running losses either way and as a low fare carrier they surely can't afford this. The families of the victims of the previous Indonesian crash are also suing Boeing as they apparently knew about the glitch in the plane's anti-stalling system but did not reveal it to pilots/carriers before the accident. 

Just now, nudge said:

Norwegian are now suing Boeing and seek compensation as they say they “should not have any financial burden for a brand new aircraft that will not to be used". Understandably so, considering that they are already running losses either way and as a low fare carrier they surely can't afford this. The families of the victims of the previous Indonesian crash are also suing Boeing as they apparently knew about the glitch in the plane's anti-stalling system but did not reveal it to pilots/carriers before the accident. 

If they knew about the glitch but didn't do anything, then some Boeing execs and engineers should be going to prison.

I've just seen my next business trip is supposed to be on one of these planes :( … hopefully the FAA removes it's head from it's anus, so I won't be flying on a plane that 45 other countries, including the one I'm from, thinks is too unsafe.

• Sad 1

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat