talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

It added: "No reports of any injuries at the moment." An air ambulance was also seen in the area. 

Mihaela Gheorghe told the BBC she had "raised several issues" about the safety of wooden balconies on the blocks of flats. She said: "I was in my fourth-floor flat when the fire started. We ran out. The fire brigade came but they found it hard to find a water supply at first.

"We said that one day a fire is going to happen. "We raised several issues to the builder, the maintenance companies and the council about the safety of having all these wooden balconies."

Another resident named Rav claimed to the BBC he heard neighbours screaming 'fire, fire, fire' and grabbed his children and ran.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/barking-fire-flames-engulf-new-build-block-of-flats/ar-AACCAaP

Edited by CaaC (John)
Up Dates

• Administrator

Helicopter makes 'forced landing' on Manhattan skyscraper...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48585041

The pilot of a helicopter died after it crash landed on top of a skyscraper in Manhattan, fire officials say.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said the 54-storey office building on Seventh Avenue shook from the impact.

Governor Cuomo said the crash sparked a rooftop fire, which was brought under control. Some were evacuated from the tower, but none were hurt.

He said New Yorkers have "a level of PTSD from 9/11" when they hear news of an aircraft crash in Manhattan.

The pilot was the only person aboard the Agusta A109E helicopter, said the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

The incident happened at around 14:00 (19:00 GMT) on a rainy and foggy Monday.

Governor Cuomo said preliminary reports indicate there was no indication of foul play.

He told reporters at the scene: "There was a helicopter that made a forced landing, emergency landing, or landed on the roof of the building for one reason or another.

"There was a fire that happened when the helicopter hit the roof. People that were in the building said that they felt the building shake."

He added: "If you're a New Yorker, you have a level of PTSD, right, from 9/11. And I remember that morning all too well.

"So as soon as you hear an aircraft hit a building, I think my mind goes where every New Yorker's mind goes."

No debris was visible on the pavement or road below the scene of the 750ft (229m) skyscraper.

Fire officials said they contained "fuel leaking from the helicopter".

Nancy Berman, who works nearby, told BBC News: "I was sat at a table in my office and we all felt furniture move.

"It was like a little shake. But we didn't think anything of it.

"An announcement on the office loudspeaker told us there had been a crash and the other building were evacuating."

She said employees in her office chose to stay put.

According to the New York Post, there is no helicopter landing pad on the roof of the tower at 787 Seventh Avenue.

The scene, which is close to Times Square, led employees to clear out of buildings as emergency response vehicle sirens wailed in the streets.

Probably could have been much worse had it not been able to even land anywhere. Could have been quite catastrophic really. The pilot's done well to land it there before he's died :( 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

These Hong Kong protests for their China-extradition bill look fucking mental. 

Think its warranted honestly based on the history that the Chinese have with their treating of extradited offenders. Can't imagine too many people in HK are very happy about the second reading and what could come to pass.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Think its warranted honestly based on the history that the Chinese have with their treating of extradited offenders. Can't imagine too many people in HK are very happy about the second reading and what could come to pass.

I think so too. I wonder what will happen in 2047 when Hong Kong's autonomy is supposed to end, because it seems like the PRC slowly getting more and more involved in Hong Kong is really pissing off a lot of people who live there.

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, José said:

It makes me sick to my stomach knowing that innocent kids had to grow up without parents simply because of racism. 

Racism stinks to the high heavens buddy all over the world, a never-ending story, it would be a far, far better world if we could listen or read the news without a racist bastard going on about the colour of your skin or what nationality you were born as, racism fucks me off big time.   

• Upvote 1

A brilliant and long piece on MH370's disappearance, the botched search  afterwards, conspiracies and possible causes. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/07/mh370-malaysia-airlines/590653/?fbclid=IwAR2lQzGRhlyCIcjePEOwDkACSmIseH3ZnhvoUdFwakYe9f_ZQr7XN2bJtWY&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

The theory of the captain going rogue seems most likely now. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic. I know we were fucked but this says a lot. 

Deputy economy minister for Wales Lee Waters has said.......... that the Welsh Labour Government hasn't had a clue on the economy since devolution. xD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48757245

For those unaware, the first meeting of the newly formed Assembly was in 1999.

• Wow 1

I don't get why this guy isn't being called a terrorist? If a Muslim extremist drives a car into a crowd it's instantly and rightly called terrorism but when a white supremacist does it its different? 

He's a Nazi terrorist, there's tens of thousands more like him out there, and they're the most dangerous group in the West right now. 

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I don't get why this guy isn't being called a terrorist? If a Muslim extremist drives a car into a crowd it's instantly and rightly called terrorism but when a white supremacist does it its different? 

He's a Nazi terrorist, there's tens of thousands more like him out there, and they're the most dangerous group in the West right now. 

A same type of guy killed two daughters of an Egyptian American doctor along with their friend. Police said it was a parking dispute :coffee:

56 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Yeah he fits the actual dictionary definition of a terrorist, the media is irresponsible by not labeling him as such.

Senior civil servants are leaking that they think Corbyn is too frail to be PM. 

The level to which so many of our major political instructions are debasing themselves out of fear of Labour is useful for finding out how deeply entrenched our entire political system and its institutions has become in the narrow political consensus we've lived under since the 1980s, and how desperately we need to break out of that consensus. 

When people spend decades convincing themselves there is no alternative, anyone who proposes an actual way forward appears either dangerous, or as a lunatic. 

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Whataboutism it’s become a shithole the murder rate alone is an international embarrassment. 

Well yeah, it's an absolute shithole like all of these places (on the second list): https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/31/uks-safest-and-most-dangerous-cities-are-revealed-7901267/

You might not like what the most dangerous city is though

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat