talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

News that the son of Bin Laden, who was emerging as the new leader, has been killed. They haven't given out much details but USA officials are confirming that the USA played a role once again. I dont mind them going after the real criminals as long as a money motivated and innocent-killing war isn't started. 

Yeah I much prefer surgically targeted covert operations like this to get rid of terrorists than doing the GWB approach of "let's invade the country my dad was at war with, maybe that'll stop terrorism" when the only similarity between Iraq and Al Qaeda was they both have the letter Q in their names and they speak Arabic.

13 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

But yet, you will not believe how many sheeps are blind to the real reasons behind the wars. While at lunch I was talking to a guy who doesnt cuss, about church/family, and he was talking about bombing places like your family country and it really pissed me off. Even after bringing up that innocent people would die simple because of the greed of American business man and politicians who aren't worry one bit about the safety of Americans because American soldiers are dying as well for no reason. Fox news has brainwash their brain to the point that they think all of the people from the middle east in one way or another whether through terrorism or "forcing Islam and trying to change America to their shit hole country", or my personal favorite used by my neighbor" they perform surgeries on all the little girls to keep them virgins"   I rather not bringing it up to those type of people because they refuse to believe that a country or area cannot be judge by the actions off a small group.".... yet those same fucking ignorant folks say that people are wrong and ignorant for believing the rebel flag and the confederacy was all anti slavery it's about HERITAGE" xD 

/rant over 

Honestly mate, I feel for you - I don’t know how you or your family have lived in Alabama for so long as immigrants. But I do believe you that people just do want to go to war in the US - I remember watching the news after Trump decided to increase bombing in Yemen and the fucker on MSNBC had basically came in his pants at the footage of missiles being launched from a naval ship. And before that the US pretty readily jumped into Iraq (before getting to grips with what they’d jumped into in Afghanistan)... and they even got my country to jump in with that stupid fucking war. So I believe pretty easily that people will happily send kids off to go fuck another country up and die in that foreign land - seen it happen before.

The South’s defense of the Confederacy & the worship of their flag is so funny when they say shit like “it’s not about slavery... it’s about state rights!!!” If you read the state’s reasoning in the articles of the confederation (their constitution)... its all about those states’ rights. Their rights to own fucking slaves. Though I doubt they learned that in school or have even read the articles of the confederation (which is just one google search away...) because they’re the same bible thumping twats that haven’t even read a bible

13 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

But yet, you will not believe how many sheeps are blind to the real reasons behind the wars. While at lunch I was talking to a guy who doesnt cuss, about church/family, and he was talking about bombing places like your family country and it really pissed me off. Even after bringing up that innocent people would die simple because of the greed of American business man and politicians who aren't worry one bit about the safety of Americans because American soldiers are dying as well for no reason. Fox news has brainwash their brain to the point that they think all of the people from the middle east in one way or another whether through terrorism or "forcing Islam and trying to change America to their shit hole country", or my personal favorite used by my neighbor" they perform surgeries on all the little girls to keep them virgins"   I rather not bringing it up to those type of people because they refuse to believe that a country or area cannot be judge by the actions off a small group.".... yet those same fucking ignorant folks say that people are wrong and ignorant for believing the rebel flag and the confederacy was all anti slavery it's about HERITAGE" xD 

/rant over 

This sort of post, comment and voice you have is so so important mate. 

You are a rarity in today's times mate, people are scared to voice their opinion where questioning where they're from and even where they may descend from through family. They get accused of not being patriotic if they do it but worse still are the cowards that want to cry out loud denouncing the malicious road scoundrels are taking the nation they were either born in as natives or bought up in which is much of the same. Staying silent doesn't help anyone or anything and history has taught us that being brave in the face of unfounded generalised hate will be forever remembered.

It may sound epic but it really isn't my friend.  By questioning you are being human and using humanity as your weapon against hatred.

In that post you have been a true patriot!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Reproducing should require a licence. 

The problem is it would be up to the Local Authorities (Councils) to issue the licence and how many people would come home after applying and find they have been given a dog licence - which would only allow them to bark and wee on trees?

Way to easy to get your hands on fire arms in the USA. 

Create stricter licensing laws for fire arms. WAYYYYY stricter. Like, almost Australian strict. Then make it a 15 years jailable offence to be caught in the possession of an unlicensed firearm. Watch crimes like this become a thing of the past.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Another lone wolf who just coincidentally has the exact same profile and also the same ideas and aims as all the other lone wolves. 

And of course no 'terrorist' media tag-lines.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

The worst part is how obviously a large chunk of white Americans not only turn a blind eye to this sort of stuff, but actually silently support it. 

When the GOP wants to proscribe and crack down on "Antifa", a non-existent organisation, used to describe a broad range of left-wing protestors, but somehow can't see that there is a  domestic terrorism crisis, it shows only one thing. 

Vandalism, milkshaking etc from the other side requires the full force of the law. But they quietly welcome mass murder if it's done in the service of their own ideas. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You really feel this is the case? Maybe in the Murdoch press but more generally the western left of centre media rush to take up the role of flag bearers in this type of area...

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

You really feel this is the case? Maybe in the Murdoch press but more generally the western left of centre media rush to take up the role of flag bearers in this type of area...

I was being facetious really. I haven't even scoured any US headlines but was also following @Inverted's narrative of what happens when a white person commits such an atrocity compared to a brown-skinned individual...

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

I was being facetious really. I haven't even scoured any US headlines but was also following @Inverted's narrative of what happens when a white person commits such an atrocity compared to a brown-skinned individual...

From what I've seen in the US the approach does seem to use different language depending on which side of politics (and media) is doing the talking. There's universal condemnation, but the language used and root causes suggested differ.

In Australia its pretty concensus politically and in the media to be written up as right wing terrorism and lack of control of firearms.

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat