talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

On 04/04/2019 at 08:06, Azeem said:

Unpopular opinion

I don't get the vile the Australian senator is getting he just said that out openly which a lot of people have on their mind. A lot of memebers here will agree with him to certain degrees i reckon. 

Just because a lot of people might support shooting Muslims, doesn’t mean it should be given credence by a politician of a developed nation. It’s backlash in the west against the same kind of extremism found in the Middle East being accepted in the west. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just because a lot of people might support shooting Muslims, doesn’t mean it should be given credence by a politician of a developed nation. It’s backlash in the west against the same kind of extremism found in the Middle East being accepted in the west. 

I'm more talking about the him being egged by that boy and people cheering that. 

• Administrator

Anyone see that story about an ex-wife being detained in Dubai because she called her ex-husband's new wife a 'horse' in a FB comment 2 years ago xD?!

The authorities in Dubai sent the ex-wife's 14-year old daughter home by her self as well!

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Anyone see that story about an ex-wife being detained in Dubai because she called her ex-husband's new wife a 'horse' in a FB comment 2 years ago xD?!

The authorities in Dubai sent the ex-wife's 14-year old daughter home by her self as well!

Yep 

She is of Iranian origin seems like it was a string of abuse and harassment on her part, but jail time is just dumb. 

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

I heard something about it but haven't read it fully. That's absolutely stupid on a grand scale. 

Now I can't ever go to Dubai in case this comment crops up. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I heard something about it but haven't read it fully. That's absolutely Jim Broadbent on a grand scale. 

Now I can't ever go to Dubai in case this comment crops up. 

Yeah Dubai prefer other actors over Jim Broadbent.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What sort of filter is that (assuming it is a filter)? xD

yep. @Batard's baby - the sillier the filter the sillier the post is so that it reduces the use of the word :D 

Assange seems to be quite a creepy, odd character and I'm not totally buying into this freedom fighter narrative, I expect their will be some shadowy backers behind him too. However, this is a politically driven arrest, while there are certain secrets I accept must be kept, his exposure of American war crimes is what is behind this.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-47914832?SThisFB

Judge spares a woman a jail term for drink driving but saying if she was a man she'd have gone straight to jail (!). 

The lady was already banned from driving when she got caught by police having drank a bottle of wine and damaged 3 cars, and was over the limit nearly 3x.

But cos she'd been clean since May, she's been spared jail but Judge stated it'd have been straight down the stairs if she was a man. 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-47914832?SThisFB

Judge spares a woman a jail term for drink driving but saying if she was a man she'd have gone straight to jail (!). 

The lady was already banned from driving when she got caught by police having drank a bottle of wine and damaged 3 cars, and was over the limit nearly 3x.

But cos she'd been clean since May, she's been spared jail but Judge stated it'd have been straight down the stairs if she was a man. 

I see equality is working well then. 

Assange's trial could just be a massive show. Remember he is just the publisher and not the person who actually stole the so-called sensitive documents. The US has added the charge that he encouraged his source to steal more documents. 

These are the same things which American journalists and media have done against Trump, especially in the whole Russia issue(and every other journalists do). And now they are cheering his arrest. 

Assange also hasn't helped himself by being an unhygienic guest who even hacked his hosts. 

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat