• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.7f2525dfdba1cc45684944a625a5ad6c.png

Stromboli: One dead as volcano erupts on Italian island

3 July

A volcano has erupted on the Italian island of Stromboli, killing one person and sending frightened tourists fleeing.

The victim is a male hiker who was hit by a falling stone, while other people were injured.

The navy has been deployed for a possible mass evacuation, with 70 people already evacuated.

The volcano is one of the most active on the planet and has been under a regular state of eruption since 1932.

"Unfortunately one man is dead, there are a few injured, but none seriously," emergency worker Calogero Foti told Italy's Rai television.

The victim was a 35-year-old man from Sicily who was hiking when the volcano erupted twice. His Brazilian friend was discovered dehydrated and in a state of shock, the AGI news agency reported.

MORE

Edited by CaaC (John)

On 06/07/2019 at 07:35, Stick With Azeem said:

Massive protests by Ethiopian Black Jews in Israel against state discrimination.

It's anti-semetic to report this news. Judaism is Israel and Israel is perfect...

14 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It's anti-semetic to report this news. Judaism is Israel and Israel is perfect...

The black jews, mezrahi ( central asian) and Sephardic jews ( arabs, iberian) are all marginalized groups in Israel. Jews living in US and Europe protest this discrimination by the state as anti-semitism itself. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-xinjiang-rights-idUSKCN1U721X

Saudi Arabia and Russia among 37 states backing China's Xinjiang policy

From the article

“Faced with the grave challenge of terrorism and extremism, China has undertaken a series of counter-terrorism and deradicalization measures in Xinjiang, including setting up vocational education and training centers,” the letter said.

As well as Saudi Arabia and Russia, the letter was signed by ambassadors from many African countries, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Belarus, Myanmar, the Philippines, Syria, Pakistan, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.

I guess money rules over Ummah. 

21 hours ago, Stan said:

This is lovely. A man who saved millions of lives, but was then arrested  for being gay and forced into conversation therapy which caused him to commit suicide. You would think people would universally celebrate this move to have him on the note. But no. 

P2hYbRu.jpg

She is a published author, by the way. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stick With Azeem said:

D_nE69nXoAEdNwt?format=jpg&name=medium

WTF :o

@SirBalon you've talked a few times about far right problems in Italy but are things this bad !

It’s very bad and it’s become an acute and serious issue ever since the apparition of Salvini. His rhetoric has fed those that have been forced to be silent like in many other areas of Europe. Trust me when I tell you the problem is very serious... I hear things from people in Italy that are very close to me and I have been left shocked at what I didn’t know they believed in.

I would say you guys on this forum have seen a major change in my attitude in recent times even before I took a rest. The reason being that once I immersed myself in Brexit due to my major error in voting to leave, I then took it upon myself to actually take a long spell off work to investigate and act. I NEEDED to do this because that’s how I am made and I can’t be a traitor to my person as that is sacrosanct to everything else. One can’t believe in anything unless they themselves are clean of all the overriding issues so as to feel redemption and wipe the slate clean.

To summarise... I went beyond Brexit because my path took me in that direction and what I have learned is shocking. I feel sorry for those that are not like the scum that have been lying beneath the floorboards of society for so long and now feel enabled. They’ve had their respective countries snatched from them.

But worse is not doing anything about it. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This is lovely. A man who saved millions of lives, but was then arrested  for being gay and forced into conversation therapy which caused him to commit suicide. You would think people would universally celebrate this move to have him on the note. But no. 

P2hYbRu.jpg

She is a published author, by the way. 

Typical feminist. No context whatsoever and just seething because it's a white male on a £50 note. 

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I hear things from people in Italy that are very close to me and I have been left shocked at what I didn’t know they believed in.

That's so true, sometimes things that you hear on the dinner table whether with a hint of sarcasm really hits you hard, shows what people really believe in.

Sounds just about right with the modern Tories these days in every way. Thick as two bricks with a lack of grammar and then the latest where their true thoughts on people run free. xD

Wouldn’t that actually multiply the homeless by 100% though! :ph34r:

A3FC8D3C-AC7D-49F8-B4D2-6A735C705CCC.jpeg

• Haha 3

• Administrator
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Sounds just about right with the modern Tories these days in every way. Thick as to bricks with a lack of grammar and then the latest where their true thoughts on people run free. xD

Wouldn’t that actually multiply the homeless by 100% though! :ph34r:

A3FC8D3C-AC7D-49F8-B4D2-6A735C705CCC.jpeg

You realise that's probably a fake sign right?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You realise that's probably a fake sign right?

It was actually done by a very intelligent guy that goes by the name Led by Donkeys on Twitter. It’s taken from an actual quote by a Tory. I recommend people follow this guy as he is one of the big ones bringing to light the bullshit surrounding everything Brexit in public.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It was actually done by a very intelligent guy that goes by the name Led by Donkeys on Twitter. It’s taken from an actual quote by a Tory. I recommend people follow this guy as he is one of the big ones bringing to light the bullshit surrounding everything Brexit in public.

Ah right. I've seen that account and it's brilliant. They do a lot of stuff on billboards across the country!

Didn't know they'd gone on to underground ads!

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ah right. I've seen that account and it's brilliant. They do a lot of stuff on billboards across the country!

Didn't know they'd gone on to underground ads!

They’re doing something even more important now which is a great part of the reason the leave campaign and its 100% lies succeeded. They’re now putting internet ads out there including social media. They’ve only just started that because it’s expensive but it’s the biggest move yet. 

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat