talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

Russia is annoying as fuck because in terms of their material significance they're scarcely above the Netherlands and Belgium. Their power being what it is is purely because their government is happy to spunk huge amounts of money on their armed forces and nuclear arsenal whilst their country lives in poverty.

Say what you like about the Soviet Union but at least they didn't launch any chemical weapons attacks on NATO states. Russia's oligarchic, crony-capitalist religious-authoritarian government these days has far less respect for international law. 

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 06:18, Stan said:

looks like the natives and FedEx workers of Austin need to be given bombs to counteract this. 

"If every American carried a bomb, we could protect ourselves against bombings." - The NRA.

More money being made available for police to investigate the disappearance of Madeline McCann... I mean if this was the only person in history that disappeared then fair enough but this is ridiculous at this point.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

More money being made available for police to investigate the disappearance of Madeline McCann... I mean if this was the only person in history that disappeared then fair enough but this is ridiculous at this point.

Yeah, this is getting beyond a joke now. £11m apparently spent on the investigation altogether as well, making it more shocking.

Surely an investigation into this will happen at some point in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

A fire broke out at Trump Tower today, sadly 1 dead and 6 injured but thankfully it's now been put out.

i don't want to turn this in to another Trump discussion as there's already a topic about it but it really got to me the way he wrote that tweet.

Why put the bracketed words there? 'well built building'. So? Most buildings are built well.

'and women'. Why not just put 'firefighters'. By trying to sound like he's being equal, he just looks like he's trying too hard and in turn makes him look like a tit. 

The other thing being that he didn't (and still hasn't) acknowledged there's injured people or wish them well in their recovery, obviously cos it's all about him and his (well built) building. 

Fuck him/them. They think it's unfair they had their citizenship revoked because they went off to join a group of murders, torturers, and rapists that say they're at war with our society. And they've got no remorse for what they've done - there's no rehabilitating these cunts, hopefully the Kurds execute him once they get all the info they can out of him.

7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Didn’t we have a Syrian thread? 

Anyway I don’t buy this latest chemical attack one bit Assad is on the verge of victory, why do it? 

To send a message - a show of power basically as they wipe out ISIS from Syria.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To send a message - a show of power basically as they wipe out ISIS from Syria.

Nah complete bollocks I’m going to sound like a tinfoil hat wearing Alex Jones fan here. 

I’m convinced it’s a ploy by various parties in the west to keep engaged there because war = money. Various people talk of the “deep state” and although some of the claim are fanciful there’s definitely something to it. 

Or it’s Assad’s enemy’s trying to frame him to get others to step in because they’re losing. Then again the US has funded the rebels. 

I’m  not saying Assad is a saint but I’m convinced he’s the lesser of two evils in Syria I’m pleased he’s won. I wonder where the West’s proxy war with Russia & Iran will land next? Are they still killing each other in eastern Ukraine because of NATO’s expansionist ideals to the Russia border?

So are we fully onboard with Russia's annexation of Crimea then?

Assad's a cunt, but he's better than theocratic murderers and rapists for sure. That doesn't mean he's beyond gassing people in a civil war where chemical weapons have been used. And Russia certainly likes chemical weapons.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So are we fully onboard with Russia's annexation of Crimea then?

Assad's a cunt, but he's better than theocratic murderers and rapists for sure. That doesn't mean he's beyond gassing people in a civil war where chemical weapons have been used. And Russia certainly likes chemical weapons.

Re Crimea, Not onboard with it, it wouldn’t have happened if NATO hadn’t been encroaching on Russia’s border though. NATO literally poked the bear then washed its hands when it blew up in their faces. 

Re Assad, he is a cunt but he’s not a thick cunt, why use them now? It’s stupid and the western war machine gearing up over it when there’s been no verification whatsoever makes me think the whole thing stinks. The Guardian has a piece today calling for military intervention in Syria ffs. It worked so well in Libya after all, on the guardian and the mail it’s 70/30 split against roughly nobody trusts the western press anymore regardless of political leaning. 

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck him/them. They think it's unfair they had their citizenship revoked because they went off to join a group of murders, torturers, and rapists that say they're at war with our society. And they've got no remorse for what they've done - there's no rehabilitating these cunts, hopefully the Kurds execute him once they get all the info they can out of him.

He goes on a tangent about how the West is the worst place of all but at the end of the day he still wants his trial to take place in Britain. It's like that with a lot of these guys. Claim to be principled and pure in their ideology but still won't own up to what they did and want an easy way out.

This poses a problem too. Of course we can say 'fuck these guys, let 'em rot', but then they're just a prolonged burden on the country they came to fuck up in the first place. The journalist who conducted that interview also spoke to the guards, who pointed out that they're paying to feed the people who came there to murder them.

What a mess.

I like the way in which the US and the UK are playing the moral high ground on the nastiness Asad has done to his own people in Syria and blaming Russia for providing these weapons to Asad. How about the US and the UK providing the weapons to the scumbags Saudi Arabia which are being used to clean out Yemen!

The only reason why we are all involved in Afghanistan and Syria is because it holds the largest amount of Lithium used for batteries, which will become the new oil of the future.   Also Asad is one of the only dictators that America don't have any control over so they need to get rid of Assad but Putin is the stumbling block. 

Edited by VanPaddy
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I like the way in which the US and the UK are playing the moral high ground on the nastiness Asad has done to his own people in Syria and blaming Russia for providing these weapons to Asad. How about the US and the UK providing the weapons to the scumbags Saudi Arabia which are being used to clean out Yemen!

The US and UK supplied weapons to Syria, "The Rebels" "ISIS" and the Kurds who have no been stitched up by the US and UK as they had been promised independence if they defeated ISIS, now they have cleaned up the Kurds are now getting wiped out by Erdogan from Turkey who are supposed to be an allie!   its all one big mess. 

Edited by VanPaddy

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat