talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Azeem said:

So where we can post Breaking News now since it's other and general news ?

In here. Some of the news wasn't 'breaking' as such so thought I'd change it. Basically any other news in here, breaking or not, that doesn't warrant a topic.

On 08/05/2020 at 02:28, Stan said:

The poor black kid who got shot while out jogging in Georgia was shot by 2 ex-police officers :(

He was chased by them and shot. Even when they rang 911, the dispatcher asked what Arbery had done wrong. They continued to shoot him more than once anyway :(

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/07/ahmaud-arbery-former-police-officer-and-son-charged-in-shooting-of-black-man

Only one was an ex-cop.

In order to make a citizen's arrest, you need to witness the crime. Neither of those two vigilantes did and just went off of what was reported to them by the neighbor. 

There is multiple security footage for Arbery going into the property for the past few days/nights, (which is what I'm assuming the defence will state) but he doesn't take anything and entering undeveloped property isn't a crime I think. 

The real crime is why this wasn't pursued earlier. Apparently the ex-cop was well known in the department, and they swept it under the rug until it became viral. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only one was an ex-cop.

In order to make a citizen's arrest, you need to witness the crime. Neither of those two vigilantes did and just went off of what was reported to them by the neighbor. 

There is multiple security footage for Arbery going into the property for the past few days/nights, (which is what I'm assuming the defence will state) but he doesn't take anything and entering undeveloped property isn't a crime I think. 

The real crime is why this wasn't pursued earlier. Apparently the ex-cop was well known in the department, and they swept it under the rug until it became viral. 

Yes I agree - to go to Feb until start of May without it being pursued is dodgy as fuck. 

In that state it's not a crime to go in to the empty property and as you say as well as being evidenced, he doesn't take anything at all.

Even if he did take something, the law in that state I believe allows you to detain someone to make that citizen's arrest until Police arrive on the scene. What they appeared to do is detain him and shoot him, even if Arbery did try to run away. 

There’s footage of the ex-cop at a KKK rally.

And in other news, Hong Kong is totally fucked and we are too busy with Brexit, Covid, and cozying up with the CCP to do anything about China not living up to its end of the treaty.

• Administrator

Wow. What a story. Woman lied about being beaten up, drugged, sex trafficked, raped by an Asian gang and is now in trouble for perverting the course of justice :o 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/22/girl-who-said-was-drugged-raped-asian-sex-gang-charged-perverting-course-justice-12741828/

A teenager has been charged with perverting the course of justice after claiming she had been targeted by an Asian sex gang in a Cumbria town. The girl, 19, from Barrow-in-Furness, claimed she had been drugged and raped by the gang, sparking a major police investigation that lasted 12 months. On Tuesday, she went on social media and continued the claims, posting pictures of bruises, scratches and burn marks.

The girl said she had been put into a car and beaten up because she was in debt for not going to parties for seven weeks because of coronavirus. She said she had been beaten, burned, drugged and trafficked for sex with Pakistani men across northern England. Those claims led to her being arrested for breaching her bail conditions. After a 12-month investigation and following an independent review into the handling of the case, police have revealed the only charges that have been brought are against the teenager. The force said in a statement: ‘Cumbria Constabulary can confirm that a 19-year-old woman, from Barrow-in-Furness, is subject of ongoing criminal proceedings. She was charged with seven counts of perverting the course of justice on March 26, 2020, and was released on bail.

‘She has subsequently been arrested on May 20 for breach of her bail conditions and has been remanded in custody, court date to be notified. ‘ The girl claimed: ‘The organisers of the party decided to beat me to teach me a lesson. They decided that I don’t learn from being battered as I’ve received beatings before’. Detective Chief Superintendent Dean Holden responded to her social media post saying: ‘What I can say about this particular scenario is that Cumbria Constabulary have been undertaking an operational investigation for nearly 12 months now that has been looking at specific allegations of abuse.

‘That investigation has involved a dedicated investigative team, a senior investigating officer and significant resources dedicated to it

‘As a result of that investigation, I can say that an individual has been charged with some offences. I have to be very careful what I say about that because I do not want to undermine any judicial processes, but what I can say is that the investigation was subjected to an independent peer review in March this year.

‘That review was conducted by subject matter experts nationally, qualified and experienced in investigating sexual abuse and physical violence. ‘Whilst that review did give us some minor recommendations, the outcome was that the investigation was conducted with utmost integrity, transparency and professionalism.

More importantly our safeguarding approach had been very robust and professional, which we had taken with partner agencies. ‘So I want to reassure people this is not something we had ignored or otherwise dismissed, it is something we have taken extremely seriously and we have sought an independent review to ensure that our investigation is transparent and professional.

‘What I would say is, when the question is asked, “Is there an organised gang of Asian men in Barrow conducting abuse or other exploitation against individuals?” ‘Our investigation has shown that has not been corroborated or otherwise evidenced. ‘Here in Cumbria Constabulary we are not complacent, we are humble, and if individuals think they have information that suggests that is the scenario or have any information about abuse, sexual abuse or physical abuse, they must contact us and put those reports in.

‘We will take them very seriously and will do our utmost to investigate them and, more importantly, safeguard and support victims of crime. We have a really good relationship with our partner agencies and have been really well supported.’

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Azeem said:

What's with cops in US ?

Thankfully those 4 cops who killed that black man (1 of them kneeling on his neck to kill him) have been sacked.

On 26/05/2020 at 07:47, Stan said:

This shit fucking angers me so much. 

How dare she. 

She goes from relatively calm to literally sounding like she's being murdered, in a second. 

She knows what police in America are capable of when a black man and a white woman are involved, and she knows exactly what the police need to hear to get a potentially lethal response. 

It's dangerous for people like that to be out in the world. That's just raw sociopathy. 

Edited by Inverted

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Inverted said:

She goes from relatively calm to literally sounding like she's being murdered, in a second. 

She knows what police in America are capable of when a black man and a white woman are involved, and she knows exactly what the police need to hear to get a potentially lethal response. 

It's dangerous for people like that to be out in the world. That's just raw sociopathy. 

No wonder the dog looks like it wants to escape.

In all seriousness, I've seen some people say 'why did he video it? Why didn't he just walk away?'

When black men are shot down by police forces because they think the perpetrator has done the most heinous of crimes despite being clearly innocent. That's why they film it. Imagine police turning up after that phone call and start targeting their guns at him. It's a sorry state that he has to resort to that but he's filmed it to be believed that he is innocent and that this woman is deranged as fuck. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

She's now saying her 'life has been destroyed' from it.

Tough shit.

His thoughts on it... 

‘It’s a little bit of a frenzy, and I am uncomfortable with that,’ he said. ‘If our goal is to change the underlying factors, I am not sure that this young woman having her life completely torn apart serves that goal.’

He is right of course but does make you wonder what the turn of events might have been had he not been filming, and by that I mean would she have been a bit calmer?? because she seemed to start getting over emotional as soon as he pulled his phone out but on the flipside would the over emotion and hysterics have continued with him getting the shitty end of the stick and no evidence to the contrary?? 

You have to wonder now if what has happened to her will now strengthen her views on Black people in a negative way or would she genuinely take a time out to reflect on her over reaction and learn something from it?? 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

A news gaffe shouldn’t get any more attention than it deserves. Who is this twitter cunt anyway? Probably some clown that had no thoughts about Australia till they saw a clip thye could be angry about.

Does it matter where the tweet came from?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

No but it matters what was said, no?

sort of? i don’t think it was malicious in intent just a clumsy statement. it is a nonstory, there are more important things happening in australia right now

It's shit but it's a Freudian slip. Not like you can take her off the air for it. 

This is the morning crew who's reported got clobbered by the military police for Trump's Bible photo op. Did everyone see that video? It's worth a watch.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's shit but it's a Freudian slip. Not like you can take her off the air for it. 

This is the morning crew who's reported got clobbered by the military police for Trump's Bible photo op. Did everyone see that video? It's worth a watch.

I don't think it's as small as a 'gaffe' or a 'Freudian slip'. I'm just intrigued as to what she means by it :what:.

Seen a few journalists and their cameraman get hounded by police, sadly.