talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

That's my secret... I'm always in quarantine :ph34r:

Yeah alright, but I still fail to see the connection between that and getting ads despite using an adblocker xD 

31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The year is 2020, and 16-25 year old boys and girls are making hundreds of thousands by lip singing and dancing in front of their phone and uploading it to a social media platform. 

What the actual fuck. 

That's nothing, back in 1984 someone had the bright idea to put the words Teenage Mutant, Ninja & Turtles together and made millions from it.... seems to me you can come up with any old crap and someone will pay for it somewhere... 

• Haha 1

Just now, nudge said:

Yeah alright, but I still fail to see the connection between that and getting ads despite using an adblocker xD 

Facebook sponsors and Twitter retweets. Although they do tailor towards my page visits. I fail to see how it reached me to be honest, I watch a lot of Youtube but doesn't mean it will appeal to me xD

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

With Vine, they were actually making short comedy sketches. 

Tik Tok just seems like a bunch of bellends dancing and lip singing. And I'm hearing they are making millions? 

I don't use Tik Tok but I do know people make comedy sketches on it because comedians I admire use Tik Tok. Besides, the Tik Tok was designed (read: copied another app) for lip syncing music, not sketches.

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

The year is 2020, and 16-25 year old boys and girls are making hundreds of thousands by lip singing and dancing in front of their phone and uploading it to a social media platform. 

What the actual fuck. 

Similar on YouTube as well. You get the same age group become million Aires just for playing Fortnite or wanking over a FIFA pack to encourage underage gambling. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Similar on YouTube as well. You get the same age group become million Aires just for playing Fortnite or wanking over a FIFA pack to encourage underage gambling. 

Nah, that's Twitch.

Youtube is very much needed in this world. Twitch is nice but we can live without it.

• Subscriber

TikTok is a clear example that our attention spans are reducing on a yearly, perhaps monthly, basis. It's a novel idea and I'll give credit where its due. The ban in India has nothing to do with content but more to do with a political stance and I think the ban on apps is our first stage to move to other avenues. You'd be very hard pressed to not find Chinese investment in the country you live in because they are everywhere. 

Banning of Tik Tok was more of a reaction to the border tensions we are having with China. There were 59 Chinese apps that were banned in total. However,  the reason that was given was security. We have also extensively cancelled massive infrastructure contracts with China. 

Already Indian alternatives to Tik Tok like Chingari are gaining popularity. 

We can laugh at the cringe videos of Tik Tok,  but it really gave a voice to the poor people from the villages who weren't as well informed as city folks to use Instagram or Twitter. 

• Upvote 1

EcKDgQeU8AAGNS7?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's one thing for ordinary people to commit such hideous things(which happens everywhere),  but something else for journalists to do it while their media companies being proud of it. 

This is a journalist breaking a temple that was under construction in Pakistan. Now a fatwa has been issued against the temple. 

And there were people opposing the CAA law which helps minorities escaping religious persecution  in Pakistan.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

On 29/06/2020 at 20:43, Cicero said:

With Vine, they were actually making short comedy sketches. 

Tik Tok just seems like a bunch of bellends dancing and lip singing. And I'm hearing they are making millions? 

There are comedy sketches on TikTok as well to be fair. I know because there seems to be a TikTok ad before every other video on YouTube. Terribly unfunny ones. The endless amounts of cringe that comes out of that app is worse than the app being a way for China to spy on people.

A guy was saying to me in defence of TikTok that it's a platform where people do what they like and are enjoying themselves, the fuss around it apart from the technical issues is just classism

While i do agree with the idea but once you upload something on social media it's public now, you have no control over it and all kind of response is to be expected, so TikTok doesn't really fall into the doing whatever you like concept.

Can someone with backdoor access to a phone get info about people that don't have that backdoor on the phone... but have communicated with via text/whatsapp/the internet on a device compromised by something like TikTok?

Because that would essentially mean TikTok's given the Chinese government a shitload of info about almost everybody on the fucking internet. Sort of worrying when you consider modern China's history of thought control and you consider that having info about peoples' online habits mean you can target ads specifically to appeal to them and influence them that way & the history of online misinformation spread in recent political elections.

Hopefully that's not the case though.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can someone with backdoor access to a phone get info about people that don't have that backdoor on the phone... but have communicated with via text/whatsapp/the internet on a device compromised by something like TikTok?

Because that would essentially mean TikTok's given the Chinese government a shitload of info about almost everybody on the fucking internet. Sort of worrying when you consider modern China's history of thought control and you consider that having info about peoples' online habits mean you can target ads specifically to appeal to them and influence them that way & the history of online misinformation spread in recent political elections.

Hopefully that's not the case though.

Short answer .... Maybe. Long answer its possible. They install a conversion server along with TikTok, now, this isn't really all that dangerous but depending on the device there are implications. For Android, they were making subsystem calls so they could scan your contacts, read your files, potentially monitor network traffic, etc. However, on iOS devices with the latest security reveal from Apple, they could technically have grabbed anything you copied on your phone and this could also have been used to transfer data from that block to anywhere they wanted.

Now, you get some code from homebase, run it on the user's network and start port scanning other networks and listening to their data streams in the hopes you'll catch something there too. It really is quite a complex hack if I am being honest.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 2

Every 1 in 3 Pakistani pilots holds a fake license. More 262 pilots did not even take the exams or paid someone else to take their exams, and yet got the licenses. 

Now several countries are sacking or refusing to hire them.Scary shit this.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/25/business/pakistan-fake-pilot-intl-hnk/index.html

https://gulfnews.com/amp/travel/fake-pilots-32-european-countries-advised-not-to-use-pakistani-pilots-after-dubious-licences-reports-1.72476360

• Administrator
1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Every 1 in 3 Pakistani pilots holds a fake license. More 262 pilots did not even take the exams or paid someone else to take their exams, and yet got the licenses. 

Now several countries are sacking or refusing to hire them.Scary shit this.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/25/business/pakistan-fake-pilot-intl-hnk/index.html

https://gulfnews.com/amp/travel/fake-pilots-32-european-countries-advised-not-to-use-pakistani-pilots-after-dubious-licences-reports-1.72476360

That's terrifying o.O