talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I had a bit of a disagreement with someone about this. Correct me if I'm wrong but house prices have gone up faster than wages over the last 40 years or so?

Yes, I dont have up to date figures but last I read it's about 3.5 times harder now to buy a house before you turn 30 than it was a few decades ago.

This shit about Chad's president dying visiting the front lines is pretty crazy. His son, a 37 year old 4 star general, has taken over and dissolved the constitution... which makes me think he probably had his dad killed.

I'm not sure whether this guy was a good leader or not, I believe I read something that said he took power through a coup and he'd just been reelected for the 5th time... so I imagine he wasn't and those elections were not very free or fair.

Either way, it's still mental. A bit like something out of a film.

8 hours ago, McAzeem said:

IMG-20210503-132708.jpg

Foreign affairs secretary for Philippines 

The damage done to political discourse in the last few years is probably irreversible.

That film Idiocracy was meant to be a comedy, not a documentary about our futures. But I think we're in for a future very much like the world in that film.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Mexico City metro overpass collapse kills 23

download.thumb.png.650a6ac8e2f5b6f58410046d77b00d6d.png

At least 23 people have been killed and dozens injured after a metro overpass collapsed in Mexico City while a train was travelling on it, officials say.

Several train carriages plunged to the ground, crushing at least one car, which was on a busy road underneath.

FULL REPORT

• Wow 1

• Subscriber

Mystery 'fireball' UFO spooks Indians who say it's the Chinese rocket

BB1gxo9G.thumb.jpeg.bac43065b9e347933153873f1c610c5f.jpeg

A mystery object seen in the sky in India has left locals baffled, wondering if it was a fireball or part of the Chinese space rocket that crashed in the Indian Ocean last night.

Eyewitnesses described a sparkling object which pulsed in the sky for several seconds before vanishing.     

Some speculated the object might have been a spaceship, or even debris from the Chinese rocket, Long March 5B.  

The 18-tonne rocket reentered Earth's atmosphere near the Maldives last night, broke upon reentry and crashed into the Indian Ocean. 

Footage of the strange fireball showed the bright orange object with yellow spheres appearing to expand and contract in the sky.  

Other eyewitnesses speculated the unidentified object was a fireball, burning helium balloon, or a space ship.    

Ali Mohammad said:  'The UFO was extremely bright like a fireball circling around night skies. It was something that I haven't witnessed my entire life it spooked me. 

In the video, a curious young onlooker can be heard asking her father, 'is it a burning helium balloon or the spacecraft?'  

A similar shiny object was found by a Pakistani pilot in January. 

He spotted the shiny unidentified object near Rahim Yar Khan while operating an Airbus A-320 from Karachi to Lahore.

In 2012, a luminous flying object was also reported flying over Ladakh in India's Himalayan border with China.  

China's Long March rocket crashed near the Maldives in the Indian Ocean early on Sunday. 

The Long March 5B - comprising one core stage and four boosters - lifted off from China's Hainan island on April 29 with the unmanned Tianhe module, which contains what will become living quarters on a permanent Chinese space station. 

Debris from Chinese rocket launches is not uncommon within China. In late April, authorities in the city of Shiyan, Hubei Province, issued a notice to people in the surrounding county to prepare for evacuation as parts were expected to land in the area. 

The empty core stage has been losing altitude since last week, but the speed of its orbital decay remained uncertain due to unpredictable atmospheric variables.

It is one of the largest pieces of space debris to return to Earth, with experts estimating its dry mass to be around 18 to 22 tons.

In 2020, debris from another Long March rocket fell on villages in the Ivory Coast, causing structural damage but no injuries or deaths.

download.thumb.png.38ce8cfc496b764b73fa3aaa7180de22.png

258716720_download(1).thumb.png.5245b7b5244940722c11aa9e06864bca.png

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/mystery-fireball-ufo-spooks-indians-who-say-its-the-chinese-rocket/ar-BB1gxlYd

Edit 

Chinese rocket debris crashes into Indian Ocean - state media

Edited by CaaC (John)
Insert