talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

A horrific and sick attack. I know any such attack is horrific but it's worrying the steady increase in violence against elected officials in recent years. Obviously we don't know the details but you have to assume it was politically motivated. You've got to have real problems to think this is the way to win people to your cause and effect the change you desire. It's just sick and cowardly going into someone's office while they're inviting people to come and speak to them about issues that affect them and you go in with a weapon and attack them. I hope he pulls through.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sir David Amess has now died from his injuries. A very dark day for the country, not for the first time.

That's so sad :( 

Reminds mo of Jo Cox who was killed in her own constituency a few years back. Terrible. 

RIP. 

Very sad. Killing someone over their politics is mental.

Since 1812 there have been 9 political assassinations in the UK. 2 of them are in the last 5 years.

Obviously the stabber here, just like Jo Cox’s killer, is a nutter… but is this a result of political discourse and rhetoric getting more and more partisan and incendiary?

2 political assassinations in 5 years is a bit of a worrying trend… certainly does not bode well for if times get more uneasy than they are now.

• Administrator

It's just generally a sad thing to hear about. Someone who was in their community and genuinely probably wanting to do the best for it and the residents within. I've heard these surgeries were quite popular and he was a good face to have in the area who actually listened.

It's bad enough to hear he was stabbed but obviously even worse and more heart-breaking to hear he died. For someone who was engaging within their constituency and has suffered this fate today is saddening and as above, the trend of 2 in 5 years is worrying. It might not sound a lot but these are murders totally unprovoked of people who just want to do the best for where they live. It should never lead to murder.  

Had an interesting conversation with someone the other day.  She is black and said that she had recieved racist abuse on the street where she use to live. Now I live in Bristol which I think is generally not considered a massively racist area compared to some. The area she got it in is not a particularly rough area. So the fact that gets abuse in an area like that in a city that is not considered racist shows how bad the problem still is. 

Staring a counter of all the attempted coups around the world since Biden took office.

Myanmar - 11 days in office

Armenia - One month and five days in office 

Jordan - Three months, two weeks and one day in office

Tunisia - 6 months and 6 days in office

Afghanistan - 7 months, three weeks and one day in office

Guinea - 7 months, 2 weeks and 2 days in office

Update

Sudan - 8 months and five days in office 

Total = 7

On 21/10/2021 at 15:28, Gunnersauraus said:

Had an interesting conversation with someone the other day.  She is black and said that she had recieved racist abuse on the street where she use to live. Now I live in Bristol which I think is generally not considered a massively racist area compared to some. The area she got it in is not a particularly rough area. So the fact that gets abuse in an area like that in a city that is not considered racist shows how bad the problem still is. 

Racist people are everywhere mate

9 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

Staring a counter of all the attempted coups around the world since Biden took office.

Myanmar - 11 days in office

Armenia - One month and five days in office 

Jordan - Three months, two weeks and one day in office

Tunisia - 6 months and 6 days in office

Afghanistan - 7 months, three weeks and one day in office

Guinea - 7 months, 2 weeks and 2 days in office

Update

Sudan - 8 months and five days in office 

Total = 7

Haiti?

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is pretty gruesome... 317 liaison officers have been drafted in to locate and inform the victims families... 

Hospital worker admits murdering two women and sexually assaulting nearly 80 corpses (msn.com)

Got mixed feelings about telling victims families if I was honest in a case like this.. The murder victims yes because at least they will know the killer was caught and brought to justice but If I was a family member of a victim at the hospital morgue like that would I really want to know what happened to her after she died?? do I really want that to be my lasting memory of the person??? I am sure it was hard enough to cope with their passing the first time without hearing anything worse was going on like that 9 year old girl for instance.. 

• Upvote 2

On 05/11/2021 at 07:29, Bluewolf said:

Well this is pretty gruesome... 317 liaison officers have been drafted in to locate and inform the victims families... 

Hospital worker admits murdering two women and sexually assaulting nearly 80 corpses (msn.com)

Got mixed feelings about telling victims families if I was honest in a case like this.. The murder victims yes because at least they will know the killer was caught and brought to justice but If I was a family member of a victim at the hospital morgue like that would I really want to know what happened to her after she died?? do I really want that to be my lasting memory of the person??? I am sure it was hard enough to cope with their passing the first time without hearing anything worse was going on like that 9 year old girl for instance.. 

I guess it's a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" scenario. They'd get heavily criticised if they withheld that sort of information.

On 05/11/2021 at 07:29, Bluewolf said:

That is gruesome, fucking shit this sick shit out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-59206095

• Administrator
8 hours ago, 6666 said:

Anyone paid attention to the Travis Scott concert deaths?

Organisers should've been better prepared but ultimately, people are just dumb.

He's getting sued apparently. 

He has previous for it also from a concert he's done a few years back. 

The only time I think I felt real panic was in a slipknot mosh pit in a similar situation where everyone was rushing to the front where I was. It was a closed venue so it gets harder to breathe too. Been in circle pits in festivals but those were nothing compared to that day. When there's nowhere to go, that's when it gets spooky. Fortunately there were no severe injuries as far as I know. Metal crowds in general know how to care for one another when people fall down, etc.

This was a bunch of teenagers likely with no festival experience or a notion of how dangerous they can get when people don't know how to behave and there's a weak security protocol. Plus it was dark. Many of the kids there took advantage of the earlier stampede at the gates and didn't even pay for a ticket, so the place might have been overcrowded with wrong'uns which didn't help.

Edited by Machado