talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

That was evil if he continued despite knowing deaths had occurred

He might not have known deaths occurred but he must have been totally oblivious to the fact there were struggles or chaos that had reached a level where he should probably stop. 

• Administrator
10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This is still rumbling on. They're now evacuating an entire street in Liverpool at one of the properties raided in connection to the explosion. Police have been arriving for hours including negotiators.

:o

What a hero. 

He's saved several lives for sure. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So a singer from a band that does cover songs decided to get a fan up on stage and piss on him O.o

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/sophia-urista-brass-against-fan-b1957226.html%3famp

@MUFC decided to tag you. Cant think why this would make me think of you 🤔

Genuinely shocked by the video of this but it was Twitter comedy gold.

https://twitter.com/guillotexeneize/status/1459031284756406280?t=P5mNJJL8DSVFfrALpGyJHA&s=19

8ZGdqmPB_400x400.jpg

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So a singer from a band that does cover songs decided to get a fan up on stage and piss on him O.o

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/sophia-urista-brass-against-fan-b1957226.html%3famp

@MUFC decided to tag you. Cant think why this would make me think of you 🤔

🤣

6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

You are a bloody hero David Perry, its people like you that sends a message out to terrorists that you wont win no matter what. :congrats:

Fucking hell. When I read about it I assumed he got out before the car exploded. 

• Administrator

It really is astonishing how he acted so quickly to prevent several more deaths in that situation. And even more astonishing he's survived that explosion whilst in the car. I saw early (so may not be verified) that the bomb might have exploded prematurely, which has limited the effect of it. Dread to think the damage and injury it may have caused had it been done properly. 

He is an absolute hero though. I hope he can recover from his injuries. And I hope he gets commended and recognised for his actions.

Somebody was telling me about this so called documentary called hunting hitler today. It investigates this theory that hitler wasn't found dead and he actually escaped to south america. It seemed plausible at the time but apparently experts have said its nonsense and a fringe theory. Shows how easily people expect conspiracies at times. The same guy also though russians were fighting aliens in Antarctica O.o

47 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Somebody was telling me about this so called documentary called hunting hitler today. It investigates this theory that hitler wasn't found dead and he actually escaped to south america. It seemed plausible at the time but apparently experts have said its nonsense and a fringe theory. Shows how easily people expect conspiracies at times. The same guy also though russians were fighting aliens in Antarctica O.o

It is difficult to know with Hitler one alternative site did run with Hitler being in Argentina and a photo of an aged Hitler surrounded by family.  Not sure myself though Leon De Grelle got out late and crash landed in Norway before getting to Spain where he was protected against extradition to the US. 

The Antarctica incident to me has nothing to do with the Russians yet the Nazis, allegedly a US naval commander by the name of Byrd sent a force down there 1946/47 and took causalities though it is all hush, hush The rumours are it was not just Nazis there yet something else.

There is meant to be a magnetic anomaly under the ice suggestive of metallic structures, an anomaly. Explorers in Antarctica are also forcibly removed. There was that X-files movie, guess they took artistic license from a grain of truth yet good for the time.

23 minutes ago, Waylander said:

It is difficult to know with Hitler one alternative site did run with Hitler being in Argentina and a photo of an aged Hitler surrounded by family.  Not sure myself though Leon De Grelle got out late and crash landed in Norway before getting to Spain where he was protected against extradition to the US. 

The Antarctica incident to me has nothing to do with the Russians yet the Nazis, allegedly a US naval commander by the name of Byrd sent a force down there 1946/47 and took causalities though it is all hush, hush The rumours are it was not just Nazis there yet something else.

There is meant to be a magnetic anomaly under the ice suggestive of metallic structures, an anomaly. Explorers in Antarctica are also forcibly removed. There was that X-files movie, guess they took artistic license from a grain of truth yet good for the time.

Historians have said that they think its very unlikely Hitler escaped. I dont have any real knowledge on it but I  doubt its true judging by their reaction. As for the Antarctica thing. It up to people who  believe it to prove it. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's an easy conspiracy theory to spread because of all the Nazis that ended up fleeing to South America & because I don't think Hitler and Eva Braun's remains were ever confirmed to be found. Seeing as how other high profile Nazis were successfully hunted - I suspect if he was alive, they'd have found out about it.

On 16/11/2021 at 09:04, Dr. Gonzo said:

Azerbaijan is attacking Armenia again - this time not contested territory, but “Armenia proper”

There's been a Russian brokered ceasefire. The situation between Armenia and Azerbaijan sort of highlights the problems of intense ethno-nationalism and demonstrates some huge failures of diplomacy. After the first Nagorno-Karabagh war there was an international coalition, the OSCE Minsk Group - made up of the US, France, and Russia to encourage a successful and peaceful resolution to the tensions over Nagorno-Karabagh...

... and they didn't negotiate a successful or peaceful resolution. They just sort of let the situation simmer and hoped that both countries, who don't have diplomatic relations with each other and rely on the Minsk Group to act as mediators of diplomacy, would just accept the status quo from 1992 forever. And it seems Azerbaijan spent decades trying to modernise it's military, while Armenia sort of got complacent and I think also was happy to just accept the status quo.

So while there were flare ups of violence every so often over a few decades, nothing was quite like the sustained period of warfare they were involved in last year. And Armenia's military found itself outmanned, outgunned, and really unable to stop Azerbaijan from claiming the contested territory. The ceasefire negotiated said it would allow for a corridor to connect Turkey & Azerbaijan crossing through Armenia... but as the 2 countries don't directly talk to each other, the progress on that concession by Armenia stalled.

Now Azerbaijan knows that Armenia can't really stop them with their military... and since diplomacy continues to fail, they know that force will get them what they want. So ultimately, I think the bloodshed of last year and this year sort of falls squarely on the Minsk group and it's failure to mediate better relations and a peaceful resolution between both countries.

And ultimately, I think Armenia's a bit fucked if they're hoping for help from the international community. Because Azerbaijan's got a lot of natural resources, whereas Armenia doesn't have so much (although it does have rare and valuable metals). Armenia is valuable to Russia as a counterweight to Turkey/NATO interests in the Caucasus - but I think it's probably not as important to Russia right now as what it's doing in pressuring the EU through it's actions in Crimea/Belarus. Azerbaijan is considered an important to the EU because of natural gas pipelines - which sort of puts France and the US (because it's got a strong interest in keeping the EU happy) more on the side of the aggressor in this situation.

Do other post-USSR states have the same kind of ethnic tensions as Armenia and Azerbaijan? My wife, who's of Armenian-Iranian descent, grew up with lots of Azeri-Iranian friends and her social group has tons of both Armenian and Azeris in it, albiet different to Armenians and Azeris from Armenia and Azerbaijan respectively because of their Iranian background. So to her, it's all very bizarre to her that this has happened... and she recently (well last year) learned of anti-Armenian pogroms in Azerbaijan & anti-Azeri pogroms in Armenia and she was totally shocked.

But both Azerbaijan and Armenia were both part of the USSR and both nations are pretty big on ethnonationalism, so I'm wondering if that Soviet connection has anything to do with it?

• Upvote 1

@Waylander what a lot of people dont realise is the chances of a planet having life is slim. The reason is because it requires so many things to be exactly right for life to form. Scientists think that out of trillions of planets only a thousand may have life on them. Some think it's even lower and could be 30 or 40. These life supporting planets are likely to be spread out. The nearest planet that has life on it will likely be so far away contact will be impossible. Scientifically it's actually pretty unlikely aliens have come to earth 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo just had a quick google. Apparently remains of his dental records were found.  His body was burned 

Yeah I thought his body was burned, but there's an absurd amount of bullshit written about what happened with his body for some reason. I think a part of it comes down to his cult of personality and the years of propaganda that so many people couldn't believe he died by suicide and was burned in a ditch/artillery crater.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do other post-USSR states have the same kind of ethnic tensions as Armenia and Azerbaijan? My wife, who's of Armenian-Iranian descent, grew up with lots of Azeri-Iranian friends and her social group has tons of both Armenian and Azeris in it, albiet different to Armenians and Azeris from Armenia and Azerbaijan respectively because of their Iranian background. So to her, it's all very bizarre to her that this has happened... and she recently (well last year) learned of anti-Armenian pogroms in Azerbaijan & anti-Azeri pogroms in Armenia and she was totally shocked.

But both Azerbaijan and Armenia were both part of the USSR and both nations are pretty big on ethnonationalism, so I'm wondering if that Soviet connection has anything to do with it?

Caucasus is a huge mess, in general. Georgia and Abhkazia, Georgia and Ossetia, Ossetia and Ingushetia, Russia and Chechnya, Russia and Dagestan; those are from the top of the head I'm sure there are more. And yes, Soviet occupation definitely had a lot to do with fueling those tensions, which then turned into territorial disputes and fully blown ethnic conflicts after Soviet Union collapsed.

• Upvote 2

@Dr. Gonzo I'd imagine that there was an investigation by allied forces. I doubt they just trusted his friends and allies that he was dead. Like I said I dont really know anything about it. But historians think he died, and the more I look at it I'm fairly certain he died when they say he did.