talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

On 29/06/2022 at 21:40, Spike said:

You'd think Gibraltar would be the entry point.

Not really, Spain has two ports on the African mainland.

When Tony Blair raised the prospect of joint sovereignty of Gibraltar with Spain, 200 Moroccan troops suddenly landed on one of these ports, Ceuta if I recall properly. 

Spain protested yet the message was clear just as Spain wants Britain out of Gibraltar so the Moroccan wants Spain off their land. 

Edited by Waylander
  • Upvote 1

On 29/06/2022 at 13:41, Aladdin said:

Disturbing visuals from Spain, scores of African migrants killed on the border while crossing.

I don't know why this isn't bigger news. It's insane.

5 hours ago, Waylander said:

Not really, Spain has two ports on the African mainland.

When Tony Blair raised the prospect of joint sovereignty of Gibraltar with Spain, 200 Moroccan troops suddenly landed on one of these ports, Ceuta if I recall properly. 

Spain protested yet the message was clear just as Spain wants Britain out of Gibraltar so the Moroccan wants Spain off their land. 

I felt like I knew this once but thanks for the kick up the bum. I probably had it in my head that the ports were discarded post-Franco.

• Upvote 1

https://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/death-of-african-migrants-seeking-to-cross-into-spain-and-sas-anti-immigrant-sentiment-condemned-f84a7053-bb19-43b0-8e4a-2cf4d74e8639

two takes here.  the first is that illegal migration is a criminal offence and every country should be strict on that.  the second is that apartheid is not even the worst thing to happen in South Africa anymore.  xenophobia is like squid games here, it must be that Ubuntu stuff.

the Netherlands riots are intense, if those dutchies put up that kind of resistance in WW2 they may have shortened the war.

the world is going nuts because governments are self serving central authoritarians that only care about themselves and corporate backers.    as Michael Jackson said they don't really care about us (sic)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the Netherlands riots are intense, if those dutchies put up that kind of resistance in WW2 they may have shortened the war.

the world is going nuts because governments are self serving central authoritarians that only care about themselves and corporate backers.    as Michael Jackson said they don't really care about us (sic)

Would no be surprised if this kicks off a political change movement there, they are the most congested country in Europe and did vote against that treaty of Maastrich before being made ot vote again.

Their agricultural sector is a big earner for the country too.

Fucken insane that he was shot with a homemade gun of all things. I may be wrong but the last political assassination Japan was live broadcasted when someone rushed the stage and slashed up the leader of the communist party