talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The pro-Bolsonero idiocy over the weekend seem to be tied to some US political weirdos like Steve Bannon. Brazil's moving at a much quicker pace with condemning these people though, 400 already arrested. I wonder if they go after people like Bannon who stoked the flames for these gullible idiots to go ahead and do this - and if the US would extradite if that happened.

I heard last night up to 1500 already arrested. 

Sad sights to see irrespective of how many though. 

• Subscriber
On 09/01/2023 at 19:34, Tommy said:

I'm curious if you watched the video? Because while I don't know his reputation, this video pretty much just looked int the issue of high number of excess deaths currently, which IS quite worrying. He didn't discuss potential reasons for it, and just presented the data, which I think is fair enough. He also said he's got three shots of vaccine himself, haha.

I think healthcare systems worldwide are going through a massive crisis, in general. Anyway, here are the actual numbers in the EU.

Map01_Excess_Mortality_2022_Oct.png 

Germany had around 20% excess mortality in October 2022, almost twice as high as in October 2021 or 2020, with the difference that then the excess deaths could have been explained by Covid for the most part, whereas in 2022, it doesn't account for even half of the excess deaths. I guess autumn/winter can partially be explained by other respiratory viruses like flu circulating, but excess mortality was significantly higher in Germany for the most of the year:

614beb61-063f-47f6-854f-6920f2234870.jpe

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

This is what happens when people don't do their research before they publish videos and get all outraged. Read more about it here: 

Short summary: it is not real, just a fictional sci-fi concept video from a filmmaker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

This is what happens when people don't do their research before they publish videos and get all outraged. Read more about it here: 

Short summary: it is not real, just a fictional sci-fi concept video from a filmmaker. 

Good point, this prick who published it should be heavily spanked by you.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Meghan Trainor joins Adele on the chunky monkey blubernaut hate list

Are you okay?

You seem to be quite a judgmental and obnoxious character based on comments like this. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are you okay?

You seem to be quite a judgmental and obnoxious character based on comments like this. 

I don't see how it is obnoxious to point out that former proponents of overweight and unhealthy have now become healthy and look and feel better.   

body positivity should mean looking after what one is given and everyone can do more but it's often a choice.   as a society we needed to go back to 2000s, drop this victimhood syndrome, I think Trainor and Adele are inspiration that if you are unhappy, you need to make the changes.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I don't see how it is obnoxious to point out that former proponents of overweight and unhealthy have now become healthy and look and feel better.   

body positivity should mean looking after what one is given and everyone can do more but it's often a choice.   as a society we needed to go back to 2000s, drop this victimhood syndrome, I think Trainor and Adele are inspiration that if you are unhappy, you need to make the changes.

'chunky monkey blubbernaut' is what you said, not the above. It's judgmental and quite frankly, just rude. Nothing about 'victimhood syndrome'. 

You can be a proponent of body positivity and make changes to your own body. But for all you and I know, Trainor might have made changes for health reasons? Therefore, you've been judgmental in thinking she's a hypocrite just because, in your words, she 'now looks really good' after being overweight. She looks good in your mind because you clearly don't like bigger women. Otherwise I doubt you'd have called them 'chunky monkey blubbernaut'. 

They're proponents of body positivity, as in feeling confident and happy in your own image. Maybe it's stress-related, or health-related that their body has changed. You don't get to decide what to call them just because you didn't like how they looked. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

He's always seemed like that to me. I was hoping he would of got banned by now

Can't get banned for having that kind of characteristic. It's not wrong to be like that, just quite jarring. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Its not wrong to be judgemental amd obnoxious?? Maybe not a bannable offence but its still wrong in my opinion

In the sense of banning on a website.