talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

5 hours ago, Stan said:

In the sense of banning on a website. 

Ow right. Being overweight and obesity is a complicated issue. I'm sure there are some people who just choose to be. But with others its a lot more complex. Experts use to think they were just addicted to junk food. However research suggests that a lot of the time its due to emotional trauma which means it gets treated differently. If you have a dependency on something you need something to replace it with. Otherwise it will be very distressing. Other mental health issues can play a part. When I was having severe mental health issues I could barely get out of bed, let alone cook a healthy meal or exercise.

• Subscriber
On 25/01/2023 at 16:44, Gunnersaurus said:

Ow right. Being overweight and obesity is a complicated issue. I'm sure there are some people who just choose to be. But with others its a lot more complex. Experts use to think they were just addicted to junk food. However research suggests that a lot of the time its due to emotional trauma which means it gets treated differently. If you have a dependency on something you need something to replace it with. Otherwise it will be very distressing. Other mental health issues can play a part. When I was having severe mental health issues I could barely get out of bed, let alone cook a healthy meal or exercise.

This is true people can't stay in shape or eat healthy due to mental issues. But there are just as many who can who generally say they prefer good living or to enjoy life. Hence, the reason they eat and junk and don't look after their health.

On 29/01/2023 at 15:15, MUFC said:

This is true people can't stay in shape or eat healthy due to mental issues. But there are just as many who can who generally say they prefer good living or to enjoy life. Hence, the reason they eat and junk and don't look after their health.

Well  I don't know if there is specific data on that. Seems like an assumption to me. Lets be honest honest fat shaming isn't about health is it. Its about appearance. 

I know how bad smoking is gets talked about by doctors a lot. But you rarely see celebrities shamed by the media for it. But overweight people are all the time.  And people don't generally say the kind of horrible things they say about overweight people about smokers

Edited by Gunnersaurus

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I've been following the news about this ever since it happened. Very odd. Officials think she may have slipped and fell into the river? 

Yeah it's a worrying story. Very mysterious.

On an active work phone call, dog left alone, just literally disappeared.

Apparently there's skepticism over police saying it's likely she fell into the river. It's not a fast-flowing river, and is quite shallow, and it's been searched for miles in each direction yet no sign of her.

Very, very puzzling.

• Upvote 2

On 05/02/2023 at 10:20, Tommy said:

I've been following the news about this ever since it happened. Very odd. Officials think she may have slipped and fell into the river? 

On the other hand, a lad has gone missing in my city, who was last seen having an altercation just before Christmas. He then shot off down the river(a deeper one with a strong current) and hasn't been seen since.

He's potentially been murdered/drowned and it's not even on the main news, only in the local paper. Why? Because he's a young male who likely comes from a poorer background? 

The story of how he went missing is very similar to this woman(minus the altercation moments earlier) yet it doesn't appear on the news. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Sad 2

On 09/02/2023 at 07:31, JoshBRFC said:

Anyone been following Nicola Bulley case? 

3rd party involvement, there has to be. 

I went fishing down there once with my mate and it was shite due to being too shallow and rocky. I lost 2 lures, got pissed off then we sat on that very bench(or one around that area) her phone was left on eating sandwiches and rolling spliffs. 

It's only a 20 minute drive from here, very local.

I always think it's a bit odd when people protest about drag acts. If you don't like it don't take your kids there. Kids seeing sexual content at a young age is bad for them but we have no evidence seeing a man dressed as a women does any harm. In fact it's been done for years in pantomimes. One person was arrested for racially abusing a police officer. I don't think these people really care about children they are just prejudice.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64610724.amp

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

2023 will make 2020 look like an amateur

There were also two UFOs shot down in Alaska and Canada earlier today, and one flew over Montana but then disappeared, apparently.

I would really laugh my ass off if it turned out that we're now up for an alien invasion xD 

• Upvote 1