talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

On 20/02/2023 at 17:47, Rick said:

The police have been utterly pathetic. They have failed Nicola and her family. I don’t believe that her body has been there all this time, it doesn’t make sense. 

On 20/02/2023 at 17:44, Stan said:

The police have an absolute shit load to answer for as to how they've handled all of this. I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but it just wreaks of unprofessionalism in general, but also a huge lack of respect for Bulley and her family.

Yeah, something seems off about the whole thing.

That comment on her life & tendancies just did not seem relevant. They would have asked the family all those type of questions. They would need to decide what type of disappearance they were dealing with.

But to everyone else, the public, the media, etc, a missing person is a missing person. It was very easy for many to assume their comments were meant to imply meaning to the case.

And where she was found, had been searched earlier.

Feels like there could still be more that is discovered.

• Like 1

I think people should read the family statement before deciding who to throw verbal manure at police in all honesty...

"We will never forget Nikki, how could we? She was the centre of our world, she was the one who made our lives so special and nothing will cast a shadow over that.

Our girls will get the support they need from the people who love them the most, and it saddens us to think that one day we will have to explain to them that the press and members of the public accused their dad of wrongdoing, misquoted and vilified friends and family. This is absolutely appalling, they have to be held accountable this cannot happen to another family.

We tried last night to take in what we had been told in the day, only to have Sky News and ITV making contact with us directly when we expressly asked for privacy. They again, have taken it upon themselves to run stories about us to sell papers and increase their own profiles. It is shameful they have acted in this way. Leave us alone now.

Do the press and other media channels and so called professionals not know when to stop? These are our lives and our children's lives.

To those who genuinely helped and supported us, privately, we thank you. The community support in St Michael's, friends', neighbours and strangers has been nothing short of comforting and heart-warming. Friends you know who you are. Thank you.

Our hearts truly break for others who have missing loved ones. Keep that hope alive.

Finally, Nikki, you are no longer a missing person, you have been found, we can let you rest now.

We love you, always have and always will, we'll take it from here."

Sadly, these words will probably be wasted on those they're aimed at.

On 16/02/2023 at 08:42, Stan said:

I think it's utterly despicable the police have gone down this route and divulged the personal vulnerabilities to this extent. It's like they're deflecting away from their own shortcomings and handling of the case.

On 16/02/2023 at 10:24, Tommy said:

They have no idea where that woman is, but release private and delicate personal information about her? More like speculations too. Truly wtf.

On 16/02/2023 at 12:46, CaaC (John) said:

The wife was raging about that and said the police should not have divulged information like that which I agreed with but surely the police asked close family first if it that was ok or just went ahead and revealed the drinking issue without consulting close family and friends.

The Police had an initial news conference. They didn't say much, because the media's clickbait headlines were not their concern.

The medis went ahead anyway, preying on the mention of vulnerabilities and inviting criticism from people who take there stories as gospel.

As a result, Police went on to elaborate on what those vulnerabilities are - in order to stop speculation.

In another frenzy, the gutter press couldn't get headlines out quick enough - again inviting criticism from those who take there word as gospel.

There are people out there who shouldn't need that spelled out for them. Like MP's and a former Detective who likes the sounds of his own voice. Seeing them role out soundbites when they should know better is really disappointing.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Tell me if you need some extra tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers, I'm sure we could arrange something for a good blackmarket price xD 

I went Morrisons as my mum needed groceries. They had shit loads of tomatoes and vegetables. Not sure what the situation is with ASDA/Tesco.

On 21/02/2023 at 18:07, Reluctant Striker said:

Yeah, something seems off about the whole thing.

That comment on her life & tendancies just did not seem relevant. They would have asked the family all those type of questions. They would need to decide what type of disappearance they were dealing with.

But to everyone else, the public, the media, etc, a missing person is a missing person. It was very easy for many to assume their comments were meant to imply meaning to the case.

And where she was found, had been searched earlier.

Feels like there could still be more that is discovered.

I don't think they searched that part of the river? From what I read gives me that inclination. I am also not sure on the context and justification as to the statement. I can agree that most of it has no bearing on the case (to some degree) but feel it should have been kept outside of the public realm. 

On 25/02/2023 at 05:18, Goku de la Boca said:

Peru cuts ties with Mexico due to the support to Castillo or some shit like that. Kind of feels like a rash decision. I fully was on board with banning Evo Morales, but Mexico is a bit more powerful and useful in that sense.

Mexico's a fucking clown show right now, tbh. Mass protests against the current government, meanwhile AMLO is posting shit about finding mythical woodland elves in Mexico on instagram instead of worrying about their economy falling to pieces and cartels having free reign over everything in Mexico.