talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A few months ago I read a survey what men would do if women didn't exist for a day and vice versa. While men usually answered silly stuff, woman mostly replied stuff like "feel safer", "wear something else", "stay out later" etc. Sad really. 

That, sadly, doesn’t surprise me. 

Been following this story quite a lot, it's really hit me tbh. Young girl going about her day has her life ripped away in an instant, it's fucking sickening. 

It's really not difficult to just be a normal person, why some find the need to be so evil is beyond me. Truly heartbreaking to see how this has turned out, in 2021 and just days after IWD. 

It was a random attack, which is all the more frightening given he was a police officer. Silly dick has rented a car in his own name and using his own mobile number and been caught on CCTV of a bus, apparently, talking to her and her then getting in the car. Exposed himself twice the same day, too, over in Kent. 

Just now, Stan said:

Some of the videos I've seen of police breaking up a vigil for a woman who was killed by a police officer is fucking mad. I can't make sense of it.

Police officer murders woman days after his behaviour being reported to his colleagues. 

Women hold vigil in her memory.

Police turn up at sundown, manhandling said women and trampling flowers placed in tribute to the murdered woman. 

The message could not be clearer - especially when you can see that the police are often happy to take a hands-off approach in other cases.

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

Police officer murders woman days after his behaviour being reported to his colleagues. 

Women hold vigil in her memory.

Police turn up at sundown, manhandling said women and trampling flowers placed in tribute to the murdered woman. 

The message could not be clearer - especially when you can see that the police are often happy to take a hands-off approach in other cases.

No I understand what's happening, I just can't make sense of the police's actions today.

Anyone breaking up a vigil for Sarah should be ashamed of themselves. The divide between the police and the public is only going to grow with stunts like this.

Edit: just seen some of the videos and the way in which this has been handled is astounding. Considering the person in custody, the way the police have responded is frightening.

Edited by Whiskey

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Very poor look for the police. This all comes from poor leadership, there should have been no question about this vigil being allowed to go ahead.

7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Anyone breaking up a vigil for Sarah should be ashamed of themselves. The divide between the police and the public is only going to grow with stunts like this.

Agreed. I know it's a general comparison to make but when you look at how police have pretty much let football celebrations go ahead throughout the pandemic without much involvement, it's embarrassing, really. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Agreed. I know it's a general comparison to make but when you look at how police have pretty much let football celebrations go ahead throughout the pandemic without much involvement, it's embarrassing, really. 

Only need to go back a week to see how the police were fine with Rangers fans celebrating them winning the league, yet holding a vigil for a young girl isn't allowed. As I said, the details surrounding what happened just make me all the more gobsmacked. 

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Only need to go back a week to see how the police were fine with Rangers fans celebrating them winning the league, yet holding a vigil for a young girl isn't allowed. As I said, the details surrounding what happened just make me all the more gobsmacked. 

Apples and oranges stuff, this. 

It's one of those things that's so obviously unacceptable it's hard to express it. Assaulting women at a vigil for a woman allegedly murdered by one of their colleagues. Fucking horrendous

They had the perfect opportunity to distance themselves from what happened to Sarah Everard by allowing the vigil to go ahead peacefully (because it's a fucking vigil ffs) and somehow they've ended up siding with the murderer.

Had I seen a single policeman do a single thing to stop or disperse mass gatherings over the last year, I'd understand the (still woefully ill-advised) urge to break this one up, but I haven't. Not in the protests over the summer, not at celebrations in Liverpool, Leeds and Glasgow, nothing, not even casual gatherings in the park clearly over whatever the limit was. Just this one

On 01/12/2020 at 13:25, 6666 said:

Ellen Page went from being a straight woman, to being a gay woman, to being a straight man. Not saying there's anything wrong with it but the stages he (will take some getting used to) went through is interesting. Is now Elliot Page.

4acc4c7d-a1ce-4e24-9d80-79ca93b95f09-TIM

My friend told me after the Peruvian protests last November that the next worry for the country is a populist government. He was spot on. Lopez Aliaga is in running and he's been dubbed as Porky as he dressed like the character from Looney Tunes. He's our Trump, talks a lot. Already threatened to ban anime due to religion (which is an awful idea as we've got great ties with Japan) and he's saying he's going to do a bunch of things to win in his favour.

Unfortunately, the other candidate is worse. So we're in a terrible state for the next elections.

Rafael López Aliaga se encontró con Porky en JB en ATV | VIDEO |  ESPECTACULOS | TROME

• Haha 3