talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

On 23/12/2021 at 19:55, The Artful Dodger said:

Did anyone else just well up at Jon Snow's last broadcast on Channel 4? Great man.

Well he got bought  back from the dead so he might come back yet :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Stan said:

Ghislaine Maxwell found guilty on 5 counts

The cynic in me thinks she will "commit suicide" at some point. The amount of dirt she must hold on the upper echelons of society must be phenomenal.

Donald Trump's "I hope she's doing well" comment after she got caught on the run was pretty telling.

• Upvote 1

The reaction from the British press has been pretty bemusing

Case in point:

Who is Ghislaine Maxwell? The story of her downfall - BBC News

You'd be mistaken for thinking Maxwell was some poor victim of circumstance, rather than a crucial player in a paedophile sex ring. Yeah, her Dad was a cunt but that shouldn't be the main subtext of your article when she's just been found guilty of what she has done. I'm surprised at that from the BBC. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The BBC

A truly obnoxious individual. Irrespective of the veracity of the claims against him (I'm sure we can all make up our minds) choosing the day of justice for a monster to try an exonerate yourself is lowlife behaviour.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

When you see things like the BBC interviewing Alan Dershowitz re Ghislaine Maxwell, or Pinochet's family about election results in Chile, you really get a sense for where the moral consensus lies within the UK media-political establishment. 

And then much of the rest of our current troubles begin to make more sense.

• Upvote 1

I find it interesting that in the case of Maxwell and Epstein, Clinton is revealed as a frequent flyer on Epstein's Private plane yet no-one wants to dig any deeper. Of course Clinton is a former US president and stands on the rostrum at the inauguration of new presidents so it must be some ghastly mistake.

It was also interesting to hear Bill Gates wanted to meet Epstein as he thought he was a powerful person.

58 minutes ago, MUFC said:

People like Epstein, Andrew, Rolf Harris and Saville. How do they get away with it for so long? Why do they only get brought to account in later life?

Power/Money, they role into one. The fear of not being believed is absolutely crucial in keeping the powerful away from justice.

Just look at how how hard it is for women to get a bog standard sexual assault to court. Times it by ten, at least, for someone famous I.e powerful. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Sri Lanka is on the brink of bankruptcy before the end of 2022 with estimated 500.000 people having fallen below the poverty line in the past 2 years.

Inflation hit a record high of 11.1% in November and escalating prices have left those who were previously well off struggling to feed their families, while basic goods are now unaffordable for many.

Staring a counter of all the attempted coups around the world since Biden took office.

Myanmar - 11 days in office

Haiti - 2 weeks and three days in office

Armenia - One month and five days in office 

Jordan - Three months, two weeks and one day in office

Tunisia - 6 months and 6 days in office

Afghanistan - 7 months, three weeks and one day in office

Guinea - 7 months, 2 weeks and 2 days in office

Sudan - 8 months and five days in office 

Solomon Islands - 10 months and a week in office

Kazakhstan - 11 months and six days in office 

Protestors seized weapons and shot at the military, these are not normal protesters. Trying to poke Russia in response to Ukraine? 

On 06/01/2022 at 03:41, Khan of TF365 said:

Staring a counter of all the attempted coups around the world since Biden took office.

Myanmar - 11 days in office

Haiti - 2 weeks and three days in office

Armenia - One month and five days in office 

Jordan - Three months, two weeks and one day in office

Tunisia - 6 months and 6 days in office

Afghanistan - 7 months, three weeks and one day in office

Guinea - 7 months, 2 weeks and 2 days in office

Sudan - 8 months and five days in office 

Solomon Islands - 10 months and a week in office

Kazakhstan - 11 months and six days in office 

Protestors seized weapons and shot at the military, these are not normal protesters. Trying to poke Russia in response to Ukraine? 

What's it got to do with biden?

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

Sometimes the world makes you feel lucky to be in a country that sucks instead of being in a country that really sucks.

Absolutely. I hear some people hear about they are worried about the effects of covid on Britain. I feel more sorry for the sri Lankans who's counter has gone bankrupt