Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Other News & General Chat


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The pro-Bolsonero idiocy over the weekend seem to be tied to some US political weirdos like Steve Bannon. Brazil's moving at a much quicker pace with condemning these people though, 400 already arrested. I wonder if they go after people like Bannon who stoked the flames for these gullible idiots to go ahead and do this - and if the US would extradite if that happened.

I heard last night up to 1500 already arrested. 

Sad sights to see irrespective of how many though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/01/2023 at 19:34, Tommy said:

I'm curious if you watched the video? Because while I don't know his reputation, this video pretty much just looked int the issue of high number of excess deaths currently, which IS quite worrying. He didn't discuss potential reasons for it, and just presented the data, which I think is fair enough. He also said he's got three shots of vaccine himself, haha.

I think healthcare systems worldwide are going through a massive crisis, in general. Anyway, here are the actual numbers in the EU.

Map01_Excess_Mortality_2022_Oct.png 

Germany had around 20% excess mortality in October 2022, almost twice as high as in October 2021 or 2020, with the difference that then the excess deaths could have been explained by Covid for the most part, whereas in 2022, it doesn't account for even half of the excess deaths. I guess autumn/winter can partially be explained by other respiratory viruses like flu circulating, but excess mortality was significantly higher in Germany for the most of the year:

614beb61-063f-47f6-854f-6920f2234870.jpe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

 

This is what happens when people don't do their research before they publish videos and get all outraged. Read more about it here: 

 Short summary: it is not real, just a fictional sci-fi concept video from a filmmaker. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nudge said:

This is what happens when people don't do their research before they publish videos and get all outraged. Read more about it here: 

 Short summary: it is not real, just a fictional sci-fi concept video from a filmmaker. 

Good point, this prick who published it should be heavily spanked by you.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Meghan Trainor joins Adele on the chunky monkey blubernaut hate list

Are you okay?

You seem to be quite a judgmental and obnoxious character based on comments like this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are you okay?

You seem to be quite a judgmental and obnoxious character based on comments like this. 

I don't see how it is obnoxious to point out that former proponents of overweight and unhealthy have now become healthy and look and feel better.   

body positivity should mean looking after what one is given and everyone can do more but it's often a choice.   as a society we needed to go back to 2000s, drop this victimhood syndrome, I think Trainor and Adele are inspiration that if you are unhappy, you need to make the changes.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I don't see how it is obnoxious to point out that former proponents of overweight and unhealthy have now become healthy and look and feel better.   

body positivity should mean looking after what one is given and everyone can do more but it's often a choice.   as a society we needed to go back to 2000s, drop this victimhood syndrome, I think Trainor and Adele are inspiration that if you are unhappy, you need to make the changes.

'chunky monkey blubbernaut' is what you said, not the above. It's judgmental and quite frankly, just rude. Nothing about 'victimhood syndrome'. 

You can be a proponent of body positivity and make changes to your own body. But for all you and I know, Trainor might have made changes for health reasons? Therefore, you've been judgmental in thinking she's a hypocrite just because, in your words, she 'now looks really good' after being overweight. She looks good in your mind because you clearly don't like bigger women. Otherwise I doubt you'd have called them 'chunky monkey blubbernaut'. 

They're proponents of body positivity, as in feeling confident and happy in your own image. Maybe it's stress-related, or health-related that their body has changed. You don't get to decide what to call them just because you didn't like how they looked. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

He's always seemed like that to me. I was hoping he would of got banned by now

Can't get banned for having that kind of characteristic. It's not wrong to be like that, just quite jarring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Can't get banned for having that kind of characteristic. It's not wrong to be like that, just quite jarring. 

Its not wrong to be judgemental amd obnoxious?? Maybe not a bannable offence but its still wrong in my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Its not wrong to be judgemental amd obnoxious?? Maybe not a bannable offence but its still wrong in my opinion

In the sense of banning on a website. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Stan said:

In the sense of banning on a website. 

Ow right. Being overweight and obesity is a complicated issue. I'm sure there are some people who just choose to be. But with others its a lot more complex. Experts use to think they were just addicted to junk food. However research suggests that a lot of the time its due to emotional trauma which means it gets treated differently. If you have a dependency on something you need something to replace it with. Otherwise it will be very distressing. Other mental health issues can play a part. When I was having severe mental health issues I could barely get out of bed, let alone cook a healthy meal or exercise.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/01/2023 at 16:44, Gunnersaurus said:

Ow right. Being overweight and obesity is a complicated issue. I'm sure there are some people who just choose to be. But with others its a lot more complex. Experts use to think they were just addicted to junk food. However research suggests that a lot of the time its due to emotional trauma which means it gets treated differently. If you have a dependency on something you need something to replace it with. Otherwise it will be very distressing. Other mental health issues can play a part. When I was having severe mental health issues I could barely get out of bed, let alone cook a healthy meal or exercise.

 

This is true people can't stay in shape or eat healthy due to mental issues. But there are just as many who can who generally say they prefer good living or to enjoy life. Hence, the reason they eat and junk and don't look after their health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/01/2023 at 15:15, MUFC said:

This is true people can't stay in shape or eat healthy due to mental issues. But there are just as many who can who generally say they prefer good living or to enjoy life. Hence, the reason they eat and junk and don't look after their health.

Well  I don't know if there is specific data on that. Seems like an assumption to me. Lets be honest honest fat shaming isn't about health is it. Its about appearance. 

I know how bad smoking is gets talked about by doctors a lot. But you rarely see celebrities shamed by the media for it. But overweight people are all the time.  And people don't generally say the kind of horrible things they say about overweight people about smokers

Edited by Gunnersaurus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...