talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else following this Philip Schofield drama??? 

Now it's being claimed that he lied to ITV when questioned about and affair with a younger employee and it turned out to be true... What's interesting about it for me is that a long while back I was over the cafe having breakfast with my mate and he told me that his missus does nails professionally and one of her clients was Philip Schofields assistant and they had a bit of a gossip and she mentioned about his affair with this younger lad and a few months later he came out as being gay because this lad was going to go public with it and they had to try and hush it all up... Anyway, nothing else happened until now where it turns out to be completely true..  

They are saying he met him when the lad was 15 and he got him a job at ITV.. sounds like grooming to me :ph34r:

What a fall from grace he has had.... 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Is anyone else following this Philip Schofield drama??? 

Now it's being claimed that he lied to ITV when questioned about and affair with a younger employee and it turned out to be true... What's interesting about it for me is that a long while back I was over the cafe having breakfast with my mate and he told me that his missus does nails professionally and one of her clients was Philip Schofields assistant and they had a bit of a gossip and she mentioned about his affair with this younger lad and a few months later he came out as being gay because this lad was going to go public with it and they had to try and hush it all up... Anyway, nothing else happened until now where it turns out to be completely true..  

They are saying he met him when the lad was 15 and he got him a job at ITV.. sounds like grooming to me :ph34r:

What a fall from grace he has had.... 

Me and the wife stopped watching him and that Holly Willoughby lady months ago on that show, the two of them was like " I will scratch your arse and you can scratch mine". that guy (Schofield) could end up like another Jimmy Savile once the tabloid press get a good hold of the story.

Nuclear power remains the greenest and cheapest form of sustainable energy, but due to regulations it is being squandered.  Nuclear waste is reusable by every reactor, it is just ionized water and water is the catalyst to fission.

people think nuclear waste is this glowing green jelly put into a barrel that is fictionalized in pop culture but it really is just concete and lead water reservoirs that contains water that cannot be repurposed for human usage but can still be reused in nuclear reactor loops.  the reason it is not reused is due to regulations from government predominantly america as anything that can provide power for 250 years is not profitable, further uranium and plutonium are rare and they rather thry be used in lucrative military application as either weapons or armor, depleted uranium stockpiles are used in making armored vehicle protection while sapping out 200 years of energy.  there needs to be a UN accord to ban the depletion process as Uranium is extremely rare and will run out.

there is a lot of scare mongering to detract people from the best form of sustainable energy which is pretty green as steam emissions have no heavy metals like coal power plants, in terms of radioactivity, that needs water so steam emissions have a low chance of being toxic ergo why waste is not dumped into rivers or the ocean.  radioactive particles dissipate in air.  ionized vapours have very low alpha radiation which dissipates, you are more likely to get cancer from the sun (gamma) than nuclear emission (alpha) as alpha radiation cannot pass the skin.

everyone is going to assume Chernobyl is a rule rather than the exception even though there were factors in that tragedy that could have been averted by a simple phone call

• Upvote 1

On 10/05/2023 at 04:50, Spike said:

If people are born gay, they are born trans. Instead of trying to control the child, a better solution is helping and supporting them.

Are we sure about that bit in bold though? I'm not convinced gender dysmorphia isn't more similar to other types of body dysmorphia. I'm no expert though and trans people, for the most part, are just trying to live their lives without hurting anyone else and I certainly don't think they should have their human rights taken away from them based off how they feel about themselves. I'm just not convinced that it's the same as a person's sexuality.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are we sure about that bit in bold though? I'm not convinced gender dysmorphia isn't more similar to other types of body dysmorphia. I'm no expert though and trans people, for the most part, are just trying to live their lives without hurting anyone else and I certainly don't think they should have their human rights taken away from them based off how they feel about themselves. I'm just not convinced that it's the same as a person's sexuality.

Why wouldn't it be. I'm born to be horny and macho. why can't someone be born differently? It happens all the time and for with different causes and effects.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Why wouldn't it be. I'm born to be horny and macho. why can't someone be born differently? It happens all the time and for with different causes and effects.

But if it was treated like normal body dysmorphia, wouldn't it be more similar to a guy who's fat as fuck thinking he's physically fit and absolutely ripped or something like that?

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But if it was treated like normal body dysmorphia, wouldn't it be more similar to a guy who's fat as fuck thinking he's physically fit and absolutely ripped or something like that?

Only if the fat guy has been told by everyone in his life that he absolutely ripped his entire life, sure. Gender dysmoprhia is caused by external social input, not internal.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

Jane Fonda blames global warming on white men but fails to acknowledge that India and China are responsible for 68% of global emissions.   not only showing herself to be sexist but misanthropic just to suck the pity dick of Hollywood for some work.

this follows some insignificant BLM activist from the UK who haven't got the memo that HIM is bankrupt and investigations for fraud are being conducted, anywho this woman went onto piers Morgan live and argues that black segregation is fine but if whites, Asians and anyone else in between try it, it's then it's racism.  

good fucking times we live in.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Jane Fonda blames global warming on white men but fails to acknowledge that India and China are responsible for 68% of global emissions.   not only showing herself to be sexist but misanthropic just to suck the pity dick of Hollywood for some work.

this follows some insignificant BLM activist from the UK who haven't got the memo that HIM is bankrupt and investigations for fraud are being conducted, anywho this woman went onto piers Morgan live and argues that black segregation is fine but if whites, Asians and anyone else in between try it, it's then it's racism.  

good fucking times we live in.

So, you're doubting white, or any ethnic, segregation is racism? Apparently we have a member with questionable convictions. Also your definition of sexism is, how to put it?, interesting since white men is a term often used for white humans of any gender.

On a side note: Once you claimed you were centrist. Am too lazy to look it up to quote it, but you did, just for the record: You ain't - you're a fucking reactionary.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

On 30/05/2023 at 21:05, Spike said:

We need more of this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This submarine going missing by the Titanic is a bit of a mental story to me. It seems kind of crazy to me that we have such a hard time getting down to the depths of the ocean.

Love how the media is very upset at rich people potentially drowning.

Migrant boats though...that's another matter...

Cynical, I know. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Love how the media is very upset at rich people potentially drowning.

Migrant boats though...that's another matter...

Cynical, I know. 

For sure.

But I think part of the reason is the possibility of these 5 rich people finding their watery grave is it’s a particularly horrifying potential way to die (assuming the window that’s only been tested for 1/3 the depth they’re going didn’t break and the sub didn’t just implode on them)…

Imagine being trapped in a tiny tube, in the bottom of the ocean. It’s basically pitch black. There’s a toilet bucket with a curtain but who knows if they even can/could see it. It’s freezing and they’re all running out of breathable air. And it’s absolutely fucking freezing in that tube. Sounds like a total nightmare.

Having that metal tube implode on you is also probably not a pleasant way to die. But at least it’d be quicker.

A lot of very rich people are cunts, but these people didn’t deserve to die… maybe the CEO who thought safety regulations just got in the way of “progress” to the point they didn’t even put a beacon on the sub. The company almost certainly used “the CEO goes down to the wreckage with you” as a way of demonstrating how safe the submarine actually was.

That guy shouldn’t have brought his 19 year old kid with him - that’s particularly cruel. He had his whole life ahead of him. He was a billionaire, his odds of having a good life were higher than most people get a chance of having a good life.

Maybe the watery grave of 1503 people should be left alone instead of being a tourist attraction for the wealthy.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

For sure.

But I think part of the reason is the possibility of these 5 rich people finding their watery grave is it’s a particularly horrifying potential way to die (assuming the window that’s only been tested for 1/3 the depth they’re going didn’t break and the sub didn’t just implode on them)…

Imagine being trapped in a tiny tube, in the bottom of the ocean. It’s basically pitch black. There’s a toilet bucket with a curtain but who knows if they even can/could see it. It’s freezing and they’re all running out of breathable air. And it’s absolutely fucking freezing in that tube. Sounds like a total nightmare.

Having that metal tube implode on you is also probably not a pleasant way to die. But at least it’d be quicker.

A lot of very rich people are cunts, but these people didn’t deserve to die… maybe the CEO who thought safety regulations just got in the way of “progress” to the point they didn’t even put a beacon on the sub. The company almost certainly used “the CEO goes down to the wreckage with you” as a way of demonstrating how safe the submarine actually was.

That guy shouldn’t have brought his 19 year old kid with him - that’s particularly cruel. He had his whole life ahead of him. He was a billionaire, his odds of having a good life were higher than most people get a chance of having a good life.

Maybe the watery grave of 1503 people should be left alone instead of being a tourist attraction for the wealthy.

Of course, the response to it though is what I find intriguing.

It is of course tragic that anyone dies in this fashion. But the last sentence you wrote is what gets me. 

Maybe I'm over-cautious but I think paying so much for it is one thing, but seeing that it's only controlled by a 'video-game controller' is what would have alarm bells ringing for me, if this is true. 

It seems an incredibly uncomfortable 'mission' to see such a thing at the depths of the ocean.