Wolves 2-1 Leicester

Recent Form
Wolves - LWLWD
Leicester - LLWLW

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

After 2 poor results, Puel has faced a lot of pressure with more fans getting on his back and more managers potentially being lined up as replacements.

Whenever that has happened, in that capacity, we've gone on to win the next game, against the odds. Most notably beating Chelsea away after a disappointing loss away at Palace.

I don't expect us to win at Wolves but it wouldn't surprise me if we pulled a result out of the bag so that Puel gives a massive fuck you to any one who wants him out.

• Subscriber

I'm convinced we'll win this. It's hit the zone again where Puel's got a majority against him so he'll pull a result out of the bag. Even more nailed on given it's an early kick off, we're underdogs and Wolves are a bit like us in the sense they often mess up games they're favourites to win.

0-2 win.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

After 2 poor results, Puel has faced a lot of pressure with more fans getting on his back and more managers potentially being lined up as replacements.

Whenever that has happened, in that capacity, we've gone on to win the next game, against the odds. Most notably beating Chelsea away after a disappointing loss away at Palace.

I don't expect us to win at Wolves but it wouldn't surprise me if we pulled a result out of the bag so that Puel gives a massive fuck you to any one who wants him out.

On the flip side if we do go and lose it, you'd have to say the possibility of us losing 6 on the bounce is very plausible, possibly even 7 given it's Palace afterwards who have our number.

• Subscriber

I know it won't happen ever but...

Schmeichel

Soyuncu - Morgan - Maguire

Ricardo - Choudhury - Ndidi - Chilwell

Maddison - Barnes

Vardy

I'd love to see us experiment something like that. Makes so much sense. Two centre midfielders with big engines so we could get away with it somewhat without being particularly overrun. Two wing backs excellent going forward, a well covered defence with two decent ball-players, two creative goal threats in Maddison and Barnes supplying a quality forward. I'm convinced this would get more out of our side than what we currently do.

• Administrator

Don't know what to expect of our team these days so can't call this one :/

Can see Neves scoring a screamer though. Schmeichel's been done by Sigurdsson and Camarasa from long range this season so Neves might fancy his chances... 

• Administrator

Not surprised Maddison doesn't play today because of the loss he suffered yesterday. There was a little girl who Maddison was the favourite player for and was a mascot earlier this year who passed away (seemed to be much like the friendship Bradley Lowery and Jermain Defoe had) so no doubt he'll be grieving that loss.

I am surprised Gray starts though. I really don't think he has much time left to prove himself as he's in that time for a player between 'having potential' and 'time to shine'. Been too long that he's not delivered so now would be a good time to start.

Simpson back in defence which means we have Pereira further up the field to give us a bit more pace. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

2-0 after 12 minutes. £1494626m World Cup star Maguire gets done by Bennett in the air from a corner 

Look closer and you see someone loses their man so Maguire is left with 2 men to mark :/ 

• Administrator

Well that was fucking disgusting from a defensive point of view. 

Never seen such a chalk and cheese kind of side. Fine going forward and created similar amount of chances as Wolves in a period of the game. Whenever Wolves come out us we genuinely look like a deer in headlights. So badly organised and out of position on numerous occasions.

Some of the attitude of these players today has been terrible.

• The title was changed to Wolves 4-3 Leicester - Saturday 19th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived