talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 4-3 Leicester - Saturday 19th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worse than the defence is these honking cross field balls and crosses they've been trying when their defence is hopelessly exposed.ย 

If your defence isn't able to handle counters, then the last thing you need to is to constantly try and rush or force attacking moves, endingย up with constant ball losses.

• Administrator

Absolutely sickening to lose that after coming back in to the game twice.

Last time we played them in the Premier League, in October 2003, we lost 4-3.

I literally cannot believe it's happened again.ย 

• Administrator
Just now, CaaC - John said:

Lol, 4-3 Wolves I bet you are screamingย at the Leicesterย defense @Stanย  ย ย :shoot:

Have been all game mate. Sunday league stuff, if that.

football forum

Absolute disgrace how Santos has been sent off for that, crazy how the FA and officials are so rampant on stamping out celebrations like that, it's what football is all about.ย 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Absolute disgrace how Santos has been sent off for that, crazy how the FA and officials are so rampant on stamping out celebrations like that, it's what football is all about.ย 

Yeah that's annoyed me as well. A manager is just as much as part of a team so let them fucking celebrate. If he gets banned, that's even more ludicrous.

That rule needs to be changed. I don't see what's wrong about celebrating with your team.

• The title was changed to Wolves 4-3 Leicester - Saturday 19th January, 2019
  • Subscriber

Klopp didn't get sent off for a much more ridiculous celebration in the derby. Shock horror inconsistent officiating huh. He did get fined in retrospect though.

Managers shouldn't be penalised for celebrating with players like that unless they really are taking the piss. If it's absolutely necessary to give a post match fine for leaving the technical area then whatever but sending a manager off for celebrating a goal in the last minute is nuts.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

It was the same ref, I've just been told xDxDย 

Weird because I remember thinking he was actually good in the derby despite everyone saying he was too inexperienced for such a big game. He's obviously been corrupted by the rest of them already.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

It's been a very goodย Saturday for aย neutral football fan.ย So many goals.

Good to see Jota finally making the highlight reel more often as heย hasn't been performing at last season's level.

Loves a goal against Leicester. Scored in the Porto 5-0 Champions League win in December 2016.

• Subscriber

I think this is the run which eventually sees the end of Puel. I thought he'd pull a win out the bag today simply because it would prevent that run, but we failed. You cannot go 2-0 down within ten minutes and expect anything, and it could easily have been more as well. We are the worst side in the league in the first ten minutes, I'm absolutely convinced of it, the number of times we go behind early doors is a scandal.

That's 9 games of our lastย 11 that we've gone 1-0 down in. No team who is any good goes behind that frequently.

From the point we were 2 down to the end, we probably edged it, but it's no use when you already have a mountain to climb.

To actually pull it back twice and still lose at the end is appalling.

So much for the defensive record I recently talked up. Embarrassing defending today. The full backs were diabolical in-particular. Simpson a complete shambles.

The midfield were a waste of time. I cannot see why he persists with Mendy and Ndidi. It doesn't work.

Barnes had a shocking first half but a betterย second (sad to see his goal was chalked off and given as an own goal).

Gray's goal was quality and exactly what I want to see from him more often, but I thought other than that he was largely wasteful, and a big reason for their first.

Overall, just a chaotic game created by an even more exceptionally bad start than usual, some positives in the ability to come back but a heinous defensive display. Puel isn't the answer, for sure now for me, but some of these players just simply aren't good enough.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Inverted said:

Worse than the defence is these honking cross field balls and crosses they've been trying when their defence is hopelessly exposed.ย 

If your defence isn't able to handle counters, then the last thing you need to is to constantly try and rush or force attacking moves, endingย up with constant ball losses.

It's unbelievable. I'm convinced we've got to be one of the most naive sides in this league. We bail ourselves out of it quite often but we play ourselves into some absolutely ridiculous situations at times.

We're a team who tries to play passing football full of players who can't fucking pass.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I can see Leicester doing a Stoke tbh. A bit of short term success gets to their head and next minute the coach is sacked in spite of having the side safe as a house, next thing you know, the fiery pits of hell known as the championship beckonsย 

Stoke's 'safe' manager was the one who set them onto their slump that saw them relegated.

Archived