• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 19th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not a formality this one but I think we will beat them but it won't be easy, I like Houghton as a manager and he has done a great job with Brighton after being shit on by Ashley when he managed Newcastle, got them back into the EPL, mid-table and then Ashley gave him the bullet for Pardew, 2-0 but even a draw would be ok. 

"Gini and Trent we will decide by day, it's not cool," said Klopp. "The exceptional thing of that story is they both played 90 minutes [at Brighton].

"The whole world saw what happened to Trent. What a boy. Unbelievable to play that game, and afterwards we got the information that he had pain.

"Nothing happened to him during the game, it's just what happened before it. Adrenalin is obviously an interesting thing, it gives you an opportunity to do a bit more than you would expect.

"We will see. We will wait for both, for sure really close for Saturday, I don't want to close any doors before anybody tells me to close them."

Looks like Arnold won't be out for as long as first expected

• Subscriber

Don't know what to expect from these. West Ham were able to win at Saints when the new manager bounce was more recent than it is now so really no reason we shouldn't be able to do the same if we actually play reasonably close to our best.

Need to get something here. Lose and Newcastle go above us while we drop into the relegation zone.

Unfortunately, our record up there is abysmal so wouldn't be surprised if we got battered.

Should be a couple of big changes due today. Morrison out means that Manga can be moved into his preferred position in the centre, while Niasse will probably make his debut with Paterson dropping to the bench (unless Camarasa is out).

• Subscriber

Unchanged line-up for us at Saints. Unsurprising after last week's win. There was perhaps a case to put Calvert-Lewin up top and Richarlison left with Bernard out but nah.

Hopefully we can overcome the 1-0 headstart Southampton benefit from with Ings starting against us.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived