talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 19th January, 2019

football forum

Really wish Salah would behave. He's not the only one that does it in the league but it's shit when you're own player is pissing about diving. Can't stand it, and it tarnishes his otherwise pristine character.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I am left feeling very upbeat after that performance. We lost but to score six goals against Liverpool and Man City when we scored twice in about 90+ shots against Cardiff, Grimsby and Watford is encouraging going forwards. Im surprsied the 'experts' havent focused more on the intensity for the first goal as that was excellent.

The Goalkeeper situation is unfortunate but the individual performances in front of him were pleasing. Liverpool fans must have watched Sakho and wondered where that player was when they signed him. The clean sheets stats in general don't lie, our back four is possibly the best out of the top six, and the stat is more impressive when you consider they've been playing in front of that fucking idiot Wayne Hennessey for most of the season.

Ahead of them I was pleased with the shirts McArthur, Zaha and Townsend put in. If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be getting carried away yet. There was an element of good fortune with all your goals and Mohammed Salah is going to be due a suspension if he keeps up this diving routine. It is beyond embarrassing now.

Oh and a great song from the Palace fans yesterday when Liverpool fans were giving Jeffrey Schlupp stick, "Ohh Jeffrey Schlupp! He's won more than you!" The giggles on the pitch were everywhere. @Dan @Stan

Your first goal was good, broke our press well, although there was an element of fortune at the start of the move as we've seen Liverpool win the ball back so many times in those positions and go on to score. McArthur almost lost it to Firmino and then Keita but after that it was really impressive

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Rick said:

Really wish Salah would behave. He's not the only one that does it in the league but it's shit when you're own player is pissing about diving. Can't stand it, and it tarnishes his otherwise pristine character.

Agreed.

It's much like when Vardy or Maddison go down very easily. Hard to have a go at other players when your own players do it xD. Or at least you can, but just have to be mindful that the proverbial leg to stand on is quite a weak one...

57 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Liverpool fans must have watched Sakho and wondered where that player was when they signed him.

He's always been a good player to the point I thought he was the best defender at the club in the last season he played for us. Unfortunately he's another like Lovren who looks absolutely appalling when it's not his day, so he has a reputation for being a lot worse than he really is. I think you got a good deal when you bought him, but with his erraticism, character problems, (has he reigned it in at Palace? He seems to have) and how poor he is on the ball, he just didn't belong at Liverpool anymore and we had no choice but to get rid.

49 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I am left feeling very upbeat after that performance. We lost but to score six goals against Liverpool and Man City when we scored twice in about 90+ shots against Cardiff, Grimsby and Watford is encouraging going forwards. Im surprsied the 'experts' havent focused more on the intensity for the first goal as that was excellent.

The Goalkeeper situation is unfortunate but the individual performances in front of him were pleasing. Liverpool fans must have watched Sakho and wondered where that player was when they signed him. The clean sheets stats in general don't lie, our back four is possibly the best out of the top six, and the stat is more impressive when you consider they've been playing in front of that fucking idiot Wayne Hennessey for most of the season.

Ahead of them I was pleased with the shirts McArthur, Zaha and Townsend put in. If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be getting carried away yet. There was an element of good fortune with all your goals and Mohammed Salah is going to be due a suspension if he keeps up this diving routine. It is beyond embarrassing now.

Oh and a great song from the Palace fans yesterday when Liverpool fans were giving Jeffrey Schlupp stick, "Ohh Jeffrey Schlupp! He's won more than you!" The giggles on the pitch were everywhere. @Dan @Stan

I actually thought Sakho was very good, was a bit disappointed he fell out with Klopp.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Rick said:

Kudos for actually saying it about your own player. No need for it in circumstances like that, going down "easily" when you were actually fouled is one thing but flat out diving is embarrassing and usually counter productive to your own team. Barkley used to piss me right off doing it, even if part of that was how can you be smart enough to try and trick the ref but too retarded to get your head up on the ball. Richarlison spends far too much time on his arse too.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Salah is hardly a prime suspect, yesterday was the first clear dive I've seen  of him (admittedly I don't watch him closely often) the three penalties given for fouls on him were all fouls. No surprise it's a foreign player being targeted, when Kane and Alli are far worse offenders. 

Yep. Shearer on MOTD was embarrassing

As Shearer said on Twitter he did call out Kane for diving the other week but it's conveniently missed. 

Unfortunately for those who work in the media they are treat as a collective who think and act as one. You subsquently can't say something without it being considered in an all encompassing stereotype of media workers.

28 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Look like you struggled a bit though

It wasn't the same solid defensive performance that we've become accustomed to with Liverpool this season but the three points are all that mattered when we weren't aren't our best

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Salah is hardly a prime suspect, yesterday was the first clear dive I've seen  of him (admittedly I don't watch him closely often) the three penalties given for fouls on him were all fouls. No surprise it's a foreign player being targeted, when Kane and Alli are far worse offenders. 

It seems to be a thing in England that we say diving is a foreign thing even though I can remember English players diving 20 years ago. Owen was known for it. Whether it is more excepted in other countries or not I don't know. Never really listen to pundits on these things

• Subscriber

Actually think we missed a trick not signing Rondon looking at the highlights. Without going full Allardyce we are blatantly in need of a big forward given our default to a parked bus is to twat about a thousand crosses in to no avail. What do the Newcastle fans think of him?

That's class as well. Fair play.

Didn't he do something last season as well away at Everton or am I imagining things?

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Dan said:

Actually think we missed a trick not signing Rondon looking at the highlights. Without going full Allardyce we are blatantly in need of a big forward given our default to a parked bus is to twat about a thousand crosses in to no avail. What do the Newcastle fans think of him?

That's class as well. Fair play.

Didn't he do something last season as well away at Everton or am I imagining things?

Last season at Everton he broke James McCarthy's leg completely by accident so not really similar xD but there was your standard outpouring of "that's totally accidental by Rondon, nothing he could have done about it" so maybe a bunch of people making sure the world knew he didn't do it on purpose or even out of being clumsy is what you're thinking of.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Last season at Everton he broke James McCarthy's leg completely by accident so not really similar xD but there was your standard outpouring of "that's totally accidental by Rondon, nothing he could have done about it" so maybe a bunch of people making sure the world knew he didn't do it on purpose or even out of being clumsy is what you're thinking of.

I meant in the sense he had a load of #RESPECT tweets and whatever aimed at him for it. Weirdly that was a year ago the same weekend.

Archived