• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 19th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Watching our games is just a weekly reminder of how much Martinez, Koeman and Walsh fucked us up. Problems all over the pitch but our wage budget is too much of a haemorrhage to be able to address it properly until we get another half a dozen overpaid shithouses out the door.

Well after a season of controlled and stable Liverpool, I'm not sure I like the crazy Liverpool that lets goals in all the fucking time. Glad we won though.

Kind of strange that the first league side to score more than a goal against us was Palace, considering how few goals they've scored, and they've not just scored 2 but 3.

Big result though.

• Subscriber

Well the six months of vague optimism was nice but now I'm firmly back into "I hate most of our players and watching us play" territory again. Southampton could have won that 4-0. Our general play is absolutely abysmal recently, we constantly get outfought by teams and lose a disgusting amount of 50-50s, especially in midfield, whenever we're chasing a game the manager's only solution is to throw on as many attacking players as possible who then never touch the ball because we leave one man in midfield trying to get the ball past three opposition midfielders, and we still don't have a fucking striker despite spending probably around £300m on new players since Lukaku left.

It will take a lot worse for me to turn on Marco Silva but it won't stop me asking questions of his management. It's impossible to guess what we worked on in training all week when we perform like this on a Saturday afternoon, because it certainly wasn't defending, taking shots, shape and positioning, or making 5 yard passes to team mates.

Millwall away next. I can't say I'm too excited about this time next week where I'm once again raging about us not turning up in the cup when we should be desperate to win any silverware, and that our main problem was that we lost too many 50-50s to a team that wanted it more than us yet afuckinggain. 

Again we're reminded, it's a long long road ahead.

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Well the six months of vague optimism was nice but now I'm firmly back into "I hate most of our players and watching us play" territory again. Southampton could have won that 4-0. Our general play is absolutely abysmal recently, we constantly get outfought by teams and lose a disgusting amount of 50-50s, especially in midfield, whenever we're chasing a game the manager's only solution is to throw on as many attacking players as possible who then never touch the ball because we leave one man in midfield trying to get the ball past three opposition midfielders, and we still don't have a fucking striker despite spending probably around £300m on new players since Lukaku left.

It will take a lot worse for me to turn on Marco Silva but it won't stop me asking questions of his management. It's impossible to guess what we worked on in training all week when we perform like this on a Saturday afternoon, because it certainly wasn't defending, taking shots, shape and positioning, or making 5 yard passes to team mates.

Millwall away next. I can't say I'm too excited about this time next week where I'm once again raging about us not turning up in the cup when we should be desperate to win any silverware, and that our main problem was that we lost too many 50-50s to a team that wanted it more than us yet afuckinggain. 

Again we're reminded, it's a long long road ahead.

Some of the strikers (if not all of them) you’ve signed to replace Lukaku have been so shit. Tosun and Niasse were pretty poor signings.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Some of the strikers (if not all of them) you’ve signed to replace Lukaku have been so shit. Tosun and Niasse were pretty poor signings.

Niasse was actually signed 18 months before Lukaku left. He was brought back into the side to 'replace' Lukaku when Koeman got really desperate having realised that none of the vague forwards such as Rooney or Sandro would actually do a decent job in that position, but he was never a long term solution. Calvert-Lewin was also signed before Lukaku and has been knocking around but not as a first choice. Tosun was a good signing for an Allardyce side but doesn't suit Silva's approach and has lost all confidence to boot.

Even if Tosun and co were decent though it's still madness how we've only spent about £30m on the centre forward position since Lukaku left when that was the most glaring gap in the side and we haven't exactly been short of transfer funds.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Zaha's dive in the second half not mentioned. Imagine my shock

Didn't know about it until you've just mentioned it now.

And, a quick search of 'Zaha dive' on Twitter shows absolutely no videos, so I'm guessing it may not have been as clear-cut as Salah's - usually stuff like that spreads like wildfire, like Salah's has/did. Until I see it I'll probably comment more...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived