talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 19th January, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Zaha's dive in the second half not mentioned. Imagine my shock

One of the worst in the league for it but no it won't get mentioned because however much people try and talk about his diving, he'll talk about not getting any protection twice as loud.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Didn't know about it until you've just mentioned it now.

And, a quick search of 'Zaha dive' on Twitter shows absolutely no videos, so I'm guessing it may not have been as clear-cut as Salah's - usually stuff like that spreads like wildfire, like Salah's has/did. Until I see it I'll probably comment more...

Doubt it'll be shown on Match of the Day. There weren't any replays during the game. This media bias works both ways

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Doubt it'll be shown on Match of the Day. There weren't any replays during the game. This media bias works both ways

Or maybe there was no dive :ph34r::censored:

Massive win.

Some big performances. Schar and Rondon were excellent. Ritchie, Perez, Lascelles and Lejeune played well too.

Man City and Tottenham next so it was vital to win that.

Of all the bottom half teams only Brighton have beaten us. We need to start getting points off the top teams now :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Everything we've done this season says the exact opposite;)

You haven't been top long so you have not had the pressure long  and now we are moving passed half way, the heats going to get turned up every month  ..and you have cracked before with the finish line insight and an 8pt lead ;)

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You haven't been top long so you have not had the pressure long  and now we are moving passed half way, the heats going to get turned up every month  ..and you have cracked before with the finish line insight and an 8pt lead ;)

Different teams nowB|

Three legit penalty calls (all handballs - one of them  would have been harsh) not given. Can't believe some idiots online are calling it a lucky win. 

I thought the team was just a bit casual and the changes at the back didn't help. The break has come at good time. Get all the lads fit and go back to playing control football. That was not good for my heart.

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You are a little bit stronger 4 sure  ..but do you take the 4pt lead now with a paper thin squad or be 4pts behind with 2 first 11's that could both win the Premier League ;)

I'd take the four point lead with three of our first 11 and our third choice centre half still to come back of course;)

Salah up to 16 goals and 7 assists in the league. Still producing great numbers for us despite not being as good this season. He was great today but probably could have scored a hattrick when he was 1 on 1 with a defender twice. He was much better in that kind of situation last season. Made up with the result thought it was gonna be a long day after their first goal but they just keep winning in the league.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If you don't win the league serious questions have to be asked of manchestet City, it's like a fully grown adult coming second in the under 11s sprint race. Pressure is all on you. 

I agree we should win it but the pressure is more on Liverpool with them never winning it   ..we are experts at coming from behind (keep it clean :ph34r:)

• The topic was unpinned
9 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Absolute fucking shambles from beginning to end. Looks like we're staying in the relegation zone for the remainder of the season.

Was surprised at how poor you were today mind, although that new striker should add something. Your home form will keep you up I think.

We were a lot better today, Rondon absolute animal, Schar quality and Lejeune could play for a top side. 

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Couldn't watch the game but glad we got away with the full three points there. From the looks of things we were all over the place and then found some rhythm in the second half? 

We controlled the first half without creating any clear chances and their goal was against the run of play. Second half was chaotic, very much a return to the Liverpool of a year/18 months ago. Definitely missed Wijnaldum for that bit of control in the middle of the pitch after we went ahead

I am left feeling very upbeat after that performance. We lost but to score six goals against Liverpool and Man City when we scored twice in about 90+ shots against Cardiff, Grimsby and Watford is encouraging going forwards. Im surprsied the 'experts' havent focused more on the intensity for the first goal as that was excellent.

The Goalkeeper situation is unfortunate but the individual performances in front of him were pleasing. Liverpool fans must have watched Sakho and wondered where that player was when they signed him. The clean sheets stats in general don't lie, our back four is possibly the best out of the top six, and the stat is more impressive when you consider they've been playing in front of that fucking idiot Wayne Hennessey for most of the season.

Ahead of them I was pleased with the shirts McArthur, Zaha and Townsend put in. If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be getting carried away yet. There was an element of good fortune with all your goals and Mohammed Salah is going to be due a suspension if he keeps up this diving routine. It is beyond embarrassing now.

Oh and a great song from the Palace fans yesterday when Liverpool fans were giving Jeffrey Schlupp stick, "Ohh Jeffrey Schlupp! He's won more than you!" The giggles on the pitch were everywhere. @Dan @Stan

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Oh and a great song from the Palace fans yesterday when Liverpool fans were giving Jeffrey Schlupp stick, "Ohh Jeffrey Schlupp! He's won more than you!" The giggles on the pitch were everywhere. @Dan @Stan

xD 

Standard.

Archived