The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea - Saturday 19th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, José said:

Chelsea will finish behind man utd and Arsenal, mark my words 

And Leicester will finish bottom half and Peru won't qualify for the WC and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

19 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Jorginho is seriously average, Prem is too physical for him and he gets outplayed so easily. He couldn't handle Ramsey today.

Regressed since November. Has no competition which directly impacts his performance, however he is the least of our worries. 

October 28th, 2018. We beat Burnley 0-4

What is the significance of this? This is the last game that we won where Hazard wasn't involved in. 

Perfectly executed game plan. Back 4 looked solid with everyone back and within the system they're used to. Shame to lose Bellerin again straight after coming back. That murderer, Marcos Alonso, is still a massive cunt as well.

I've always found Jorginho to be overrated at Napoli to be honest. Always preferred Zielinski in those times. Thought he offered a much more dynamic game in the middle.

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And Leicester will finish bottom half and Peru won't qualify for the WC and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Regressed since November. Has no competition which directly impacts his performance, however he is the least of our worries. 

October 28th, 2018. We beat Burnley 0-4

What is the significance of this? This is the last game that we won where Hazard wasn't involved in. 

How has a arsenal v Chelsea thread gone in to utd and Peru

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

How has a arsenal v Chelsea thread gone in to utd and Peru

Because Teso said if we qualified for the World Cup he would never post again.

My lot were asking if I was going early tonight to watch the game but told them at best it will be a draw, I didn't really fancy watching us keep the majority of the ball and create nothing with it because that's all we seem to do with it these days... glad I never bothered, sounds as though it was another one of those half arsed efforts from us.. I can't seem to grasp the mentality of the players, 4th place fighting for a CL spot and up against one of our nearest rivals for that very spot and the effort is lacking?? Something wrong there.. As long as we keep this set up we are just simply going to struggle, We are just not threatening the oppositions goal at all.. 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea - Saturday 19th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Sarri ain't happy xD

Why does he increasingly sound like Mourinho?? Anything that goes on should stay in house. This is not the first time he has gone public with his views on the players.. some things are better off said during training or one to ones.. Not sure if Sarri has anything to do with this or it's just the players not up for it?? They certainly were in the opening games of the season so what's changed?

• Administrator

That's quite a statement to make, to publicly shame your own players. Much like @Bluewolf said, it's reminiscent of something Mourinho would say. Refusal to take responsibility for your own decisions and throwing players under the bus.

It goes one of two ways:

1 - it's used as a bit of reverse psychology and you get a huge reaction from the players in the next game or few, to show you they are motivated and can play well for you, and that they are driven 

2 - some players take it as some kind of personal attack and then in some way you're proven right that they can't be motivated or motivate themselves. 

26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Why does he increasingly sound like Mourinho?? Anything that goes on should stay in house. This is not the first time he has gone public with his views on the players.. some things are better off said during training or one to ones.. Not sure if Sarri has anything to do with this or it's just the players not up for it?? They certainly were in the opening games of the season so what's changed?

He did his press conference in Italian apparently so he could get his feeling across properly. He looked agitated all game, very much struggling.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's quite a statement to make, to publicly shame your own players. Much like @Bluewolf said, it's reminiscent of something Mourinho would say. Refusal to take responsibility for your own decisions and throwing players under the bus.

It goes one of two ways:

1 - it's used as a bit of reverse psychology and you get a huge reaction from the players in the next game or few, to show you they are motivated and can play well for you, and that they are driven 

2 - some players take it as some kind of personal attack and then in some way you're proven right that they can't be motivated or motivate themselves. 

In my experience doing in it public just breeds resentment.. You can still do all that but in the dressing room without an outside audience.. I don't know if it's just this group of players but this is not the only time they have slumped to the point where you have to wonder if their hearts are really in it, that may sound a little ott to some but when you are playing in a top side competing for trophies the responsibility to be putting in 100% every game should not just fall on the managers shoulders it should be down to players with experience to be motivating themselves... I don't think the likes of Roy Keane ever had a problem getting worked up for games... much as though I am not a great fan of the bloke he was as motivated and as determined as a person gets.. we don't have anyone in that side who even comes close to being leader material and that's our other problem.. 

It's all well and good when a player alludes to the fact he is not in the right place on the pitch or the formation does not work well, but tracking back, defending, or putting in the best effort possible is down to the individual.. A manager can't do a lot about a player who does not give his best for a side every game.. 

5 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He did his press conference in Italian apparently so he could get his feeling across properly. He looked agitated all game, very much struggling.

Chelsea are a quick fix club. They aren't the kind of club that builds a team. If they finish behind spurs and arsenal I would be really disappointed if I were a Chelsea fan

Archived