talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Maxi Gomez

football forum

• Subscriber

‘The new Luis Suarez’ – West Ham in talks with Celta Vigo ace Maxi Gomez to replace Marko Arnautovic

The Austrian appears destined for a move to the Chinese Super League this month

West Ham United are in talks to sign the ‘new Luis Suarez’ as a replacement for Marko Arnautovic, according to reports.

As talkSPORT revealed on Friday afternoon, the striker has not travelled with the squad to Bournemouth as a lucrative move to Guanghzhou Evergrande looms.

https://talksport.com/football/477397/luis-suarez-west-ham-celta-vigo-transfers-news-maxi-gomez-arnautovic/

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've known of him since his days in Uruguay but didn't actually see him (or think highly of him) until he joined Celta de Vigo. I think he could do better than West Ham. That move is one that will make him stagnate I reckon. Better for him are the likes of Everton, Valencia or Sevilla.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Blue said:

I've known of him since his days in Uruguay but didn't actually see him (or think highly of him) until he joined Celta de Vigo. I think he could do better than West Ham. That move is one that will make him stagnate I reckon. Better for him are the likes of Everton, Valencia or Sevilla.

I mean Everton and West Ham are virtually identical right now. Think he's too good for either

Just now, Storts said:

I mean Everton and West Ham are virtually identical right now. Think he's too good for either

Maybe, but I think there is more potential for things to work at Everton. They have better players, just not better "performances"

17 hours ago, Blue said:

He'd be better off sticking around at Celta for the season as Atletico have apparently shown interest and that would be a great move for him.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Blue said:

Maybe, but I think there is more potential for things to work at Everton. They have better players, just not better "performances"

If he's a striker and he isn't crippled then he'd be welcome at Goodison with open arms. @Storts is correct though, might as well call us North Ham right now because we're equally rubbish and inconsistent.

• Subscriber

Maxi Gomez: West Ham may pay Celta Vigo striker's release fee

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

West Ham are considering whether to trigger Maxi Gomez's £43.3m release clause at Spanish side Celta Vigo.

The Hammers have had one bid rejected for the 22-year-old Uruguay striker, who has scored nine goals this season.

If the deal does go through it would be a club record for West Ham, eclipsing the £36m they paid Lazio for Brazilian Felipe Anderson in the summer.

The interest comes amid continued uncertainty over Marko Arnautovic's future at the Premier League club.

Shanghai SIPG have failed to increase their £35m offer for Arnautovic, who has made it clear he wants to leave London Stadium.

The Austria striker was left out of the Hammers' defeat at Bournemouth as manager Manuel Pellegrini did not feel he was in the right frame of mind, but he has returned to training and is expected to be involved in Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie at AFC Wimbledon.

Gomez joined Celta in 2017 on a five-year deal. He was part of the Uruguay squad at last summer's World Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47006168

• Subscriber

West Ham to sign Maxi Gomez

West Ham is reportedly close to signing Celta Vigo striker Maxi Lopez.

The Premier League side is ready to meet the €50m release clause in his contract, according to Sky Sports but talks are ongoing about a move which could see him signed by the Hammers then loaned back to Celta for the rest of the season.

West Ham apparently wants to sign Gomez regardless of whether Marko Arnautovic makes a move to China or not, with the Austrian striker stating on social media that he wants to stay

Full story

https://www.football.london/premier-league/transfer-news-live-chelsea-barella-15734036

• The topic was locked

Archived