talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Good, The Bad, and The Official Western Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
On 23/01/2019 at 03:02, IgnisExcubitor said:

Lastly, I have to mention Firefly. It is a space western and one of the best series out there, including the movie Serenity which resolves the story. 

I never watched it despite numerous recommendations and I think I'll finally do it now but I am a bit confused - wikipedia tells me that Serenity is the 86 minute long pilot episode and there's also Serenity the movie which is the continuation of the series o.O So where do I actually start? With Serenity the pilot episode or with the actual Episode 1 (The Train Job)?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nudge said:

I never watched it despite numerous recommendations and I think I'll finally do it now but I am a bit confused - wikipedia tells me that Serenity is the 86 minute long pilot episode and there's also Serenity the movie which is the continuation of the series o.O So where do I actually start? With Serenity the pilot episode or with the actual Episode 1 (The Train Job)?

Watch Serenity first. It was the pilot that Fox didn't like, and therefore they didn't air it. Once you are done with the series watch the movie, which is also called Serenity. It ties up all the plotlines, which otherwise could have been nicely narrated in 2-3 seasons at least. 

It's a shame Fox cancelled it after the first season, but they have a history of cancelling great shows (Wonderfalls is another which is my favourite that got cancelled after first season). 

• Subscriber
On 24/01/2019 at 08:38, nudge said:

Absolutely watch it. And yes as Ignis says watch Serenity first, it sets up the whole world and back story. Fox still grinds my gears over how they never gave this show a chance. At least fans blew it up later on in its tenure but its a real shame we didnt even get a full season and see what could have been. I wont say too much about the movie but they made it nearly impossible for a sequel but its a very good watch and answers a few unanswered questions you get from the abrupt end to the show. 

On 21/01/2019 at 12:38, nudge said:

You still hadn't watched it? :(  I recommended it for you like a year ago xD 

Small update on that: I've watched the first two episodes so far. Started a bit slow, but already got a lot better in the 2nd episode. Really like it so far. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Small update on that: I've watched the first two episodes so far. Started a bit slow, but already got a lot better in the 2nd episode. Really like it so far. 

Finally xD 

• 9 months later...
  • Subscriber

So... Has anyone watched Deadwood The Movie??? I finally watched it a few days ago and it's absolutely fantastic... A brilliant wrap up to the brilliant series. A bit sad that it seems to have gone under radar completely. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

So... Has anyone watched Deadwood The Movie??? I finally watched it a few days ago and it's absolutely fantastic... A brilliant wrap up to the brilliant series. A bit sad that it seems to have gone under radar completely. 

Can't say I have but I do love a good western as you know so I will have to see if that's on Netflix, looks good.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Can't say I have but I do love a good western as you know so I will have to see if that's on Netflix, looks good.

Watch the series first before you watch the movie! It ran for three seasons (36 episodes) before it got canceled and now they made the movie to wrap the story up. Really really good watch.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Watch the series first before you watch the movie! It ran for three seasons (36 episodes) before it got canceled and now they made the movie to wrap the story up. Really really good watch.

I am sure me and Liz have watched the series which run in 2004/6 somewhere on tv then before Netflix, it just rings a bell, mind you, there are so many films centred around the Deadwood Western name. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am sure me and Liz have watched the series which run in 2004/6 somewhere on tv then before Netflix, it just rings a bell, mind you, there are so many films centred around the Deadwood Western name. 

I mean if you did watch it then you definitely should remember Al Swearengen :D

Deadwood+Swearingen+by+HBO.jpg

• Subscriber

As I said @nudge, the name Deadwood has been mentioned in many a film, like this one The Deadwood Stage from the film Calamity Jane with Doris Day  :x

:banana: :D

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to The Good, The Bad, and The Official Westehttps://talkfootball365.com/topic/7347-the-good-the-bad-and-the-official-western-thread/rn Thread
  • 11 months later...

Archived